What's your ideal size?

hannata

I can haz cake?
I was reading an article (think it was a ww one!) about ideal sizes, and it seemed like most people wanted to be an 8/10... was interested to see how true this is?

For me at this stage - I personally want to be well into a size 14, as in being a good fit and not a struggle!!!

Don't think a size 10/12 is physically possible for me (i'm of an enormous build even without the fat) and maintenance would be a nightmare!

Saying that, I would cry my eyes out if I ever got to a size 10 (happiness of course!)

i would love to be a comfortable 14 too i'm a 22/24 at the momment - good luck with your weight loss

take care
karen

hannata, when I started WW I was wearing a size 22 and I thought I was medium boned as my wrist was more than 15cm. I thought that my ideal weight was between 56 to 60 Kg (8st 11 to 9st 5) (on 1 metre and 58 cm aka 5'2.5" height that is quite right for medium boned). Then, I got to 60 Kg easily and I could still see big thighs and I was still a size 12, which for my height wasn't good. I decided to lower my goal to 56 Kg. Got there and I was a comfortable size 10. My wrist in the meantime had shrunk! So now it was less than 15 cm which showed me for the first time in my life that actually I was borderline to be small boned! That's why I lowered my goal to 8st 9, but the weight kept on falling off. Now I'm maintaining easily a weight between 8st 2 and 8st 5 depending on the time of the month. I fit into a size 6/8 depending on the shops!!! Never in my life would I have thought I would have fit in a size 6! I'm telling you this to show you that probably what you think now is not what you will think when you reach your size 14. It's a good size to hold for your height, but probably you'll keep on going to get down to at least a size 12 ;) then why not, maybe a size 10... just to cry your eyes out :D

PS: Karen, the ticker in your signature saddened me immensely. A huge hug and I hope Anthony will keep on living forever in your memory :(

Really interesting thread! I think I'll say size 10!! Cos it's my dream - so like kagome says, maybe it'll be my new reality....!!! It would be so class!!!

I started at a size 24 and was aiming for 14. But like Kagome that wasn't enough and the weight still came off, I easily went down to a 10. I have settled now at a 12, but am back to trying to get back down to a 12 because I have beautiful size 10 jeans I want back into!!!!

Well, the last time I was happy with my body was..................actually, thinking on it - never. OK, last time I was kinda comfortable in my own skin I was a 12/14 - but that was the early 90s...................so I'm guessing with size changes etc now that would equate to a size 10

xx

hannata, when I started WW I was wearing a size 22 and I thought I was medium boned as my wrist was more than 15cm. I thought that my ideal weight was between 56 to 60 Kg (8st 11 to 9st 5) (on 1 metre and 58 cm aka 5'2.5" height that is quite right for medium boned). Then, I got to 60 Kg easily and I could still see big thighs and I was still a size 12, which for my height wasn't good. I decided to lower my goal to 56 Kg. Got there and I was a comfortable size 10. My wrist in the meantime had shrunk! So now it was less than 15 cm which showed me for the first time in my life that actually I was borderline to be small boned! That's why I lowered my goal to 8st 9, but the weight kept on falling off. Now I'm maintaining easily a weight between 8st 2 and 8st 5 depending on the time of the month. I fit into a size 6/8 depending on the shops!!! Never in my life would I have thought I would have fit in a size 6! I'm telling you this to show you that probably what you think now is not what you will think when you reach your size 14. It's a good size to hold for your height, but probably you'll keep on going to get down to at least a size 12 ;) then why not, maybe a size 10... just to cry your eyes out :D

Yeah hopefully! I just measured my wrist and its about 18cm o_O I've even got fat wrists lmao! :p I'm built just like my mom and she was never any smaller than a size 16, as pretty much a pro runner... I'm very much my mothers daughter :p

You already inspire me so I'm just going to use what you just said.. I'll remember this conversation if a 10 ever becomes a reality... I say if, I WILL lose the weight, I just don't want to size pressure myself too much, I'll be more than happy getting into normal clothes! :)

Just can't fathom a ten!!! As an adult I pretty much age/size matched, so I've never seen a 14, let alone a 10! x

PS: Karen, the ticker in your signature saddened me immensely. A huge hug and I hope Anthony will keep on living forever in your memory :(

Ahhh echo the sentiment, what a sad thing for any person to have to go through, sending love to you and yours x

Well before having kids I was a comfortable size 12.... so I'd say that's my ideal weight. At the moment I can just about get into size 12's from Next (who always come up big on their sizing) so about another stone to lose and I'll be back to being comfortable buying a size 12 from any shop... Thats my idea anyway

started off a size20, now anything between 14-8 lol the bottom half im 14/12 top half 12-8 lmao my bodies weird! but im aiming to be a proper 12 bottom half :)

Yeah hopefully! I just measured my wrist and its about 18cm o_O I've even got fat wrists lmao! :p I'm built just like my mom and she was never any smaller than a size 16, as pretty much a pro runner... I'm very much my mothers daughter :p

I'm built very much like my mum also... although she was thinner in the past she's never been able to be less than a size 12 (old size 12 though, so probably a modern size 10!), and I'm a 6/8 now, so it's possible :)

You already inspire me so I'm just going to use what you just said.. I'll remember this conversation if a 10 ever becomes a reality... I say if, I WILL lose the weight, I just don't want to size pressure myself too much, I'll be more than happy getting into normal clothes! :)

Gosh, I'm honoured to inspire you! I'll say keep on doing what you're doing and then you'll stop at whichever weight you feel comfortable with and whichever size you feel comfortable with, as long as it's within the healthy range. However, if you love running, you'll lose the lbs quickly and in theory, you should burn the fat easily... I can't run to save my life (although I can walk 10 miles in 2 hours and 15 minutes!) so you inspire me in this matter :)

Just can't fathom a ten!!! As an adult I pretty much age/size matched, so I've never seen a 14, let alone a 10! x

you'll get there, you'll see! Just keep on focusing on the next size down and the next half stone down. Don't look at the big picture, it's too overwhelming... xx

thank you so much i am so inspired by your answers i always thought it wouldnt be possible for me to go lower then a 14 but now i am determined to go for a 12 and you never know maybe a 10 xxx

kagome75 and hannata thank you so much for your sweet words it is the hardest time in my life to not have antony here with me, he was very poorly he was born sleeping at 35 weeks he had mosaic trisomy 13 which caused him to have problems with his brain, heart and abdominal wall among other things, on good days i feel pleased that he didn't suffer and i hope he is happy bouncing around on the clouds, i have just felt ready to join slimming world and need to loose this weight to keep up with my 2 year old allan he has so much energy its beautiful to see and i dont want to hold him back enjoying him self becaue i can't keep up with him xx

take care
karen xx

Thank you ladies for your kind words. Kagome, I read your story on the ww site (wow get you :p) and I thought, I want to do as well as she has. You're always on here giving good advice to everybody :) I'm doing a lot of personal training, more weight training than cardio, but I intend to start a bit more of the running/cardio side of it when I drop the weight. I do a lot on the crosstrainer because its not quite as weight bearing as running is, and I'm starting to do a bit of walking on a treadmill.

When I started the gym stuffs, I was carrying around 20 stone and running isn't ideal.. I've set myself a target of getting into the mid 16s before I start running. I have arthritis, where it isn't seriously affecting my knees, I don't want to give it a chance to develop a problem :)

--

oh karen.....I read that and tears started tripping... :( *more hugs to you* in a way it probably is fairer to the little guy but it is truly crap that it has to happen to any mother. I hope you achieve success for you and your lovely family xx

thank you so much i am so inspired by your answers i always thought it wouldnt be possible for me to go lower then a 14 but now i am determined to go for a 12 and you never know maybe a 10 xxx

kagome75 and hannata thank you so much for your sweet words it is the hardest time in my life to not have antony here with me, he was very poorly he was born sleeping at 35 weeks he had mosaic trisomy 13 which caused him to have problems with his brain, heart and abdominal wall among other things, on good days i feel pleased that he didn't suffer and i hope he is happy bouncing around on the clouds, i have just felt ready to join slimming world and need to loose this weight to keep up with my 2 year old allan he has so much energy its beautiful to see and i dont want to hold him back enjoying him self becaue i can't keep up with him xx

take care
karen xx

Karen, your words brought tears to my eyes. Anthony is definitely happier now, bouncing and running freely and suffering no pain any more :( It's not fair for you who are left behind, but at least you have Allan with you! Another big, huge kiss and hug. I'm sure that you'll get to your size 10 in no time :) Go on, I know you can do it! xx

Thank you ladies for your kind words. Kagome, I read your story on the ww site (wow get you :p) and I thought, I want to do as well as she has. You're always on here giving good advice to everybody :) I'm doing a lot of personal training, more weight training than cardio, but I intend to start a bit more of the running/cardio side of it when I drop the weight. I do a lot on the crosstrainer because its not quite as weight bearing as running is, and I'm starting to do a bit of walking on a treadmill.

When I started the gym stuffs, I was carrying around 20 stone and running isn't ideal.. I've set myself a target of getting into the mid 16s before I start running. I have arthritis, where it isn't seriously affecting my knees, I don't want to give it a chance to develop a problem :)

Yes, definitely wait until you got to at least 16 st to start running properly, but walking is a very good exercise which helps weight loss... it is the exercise I love to do the most and I must say that last week's Sunday when I walked 10 miles the day after I felt muscles I didnt even know that existed... ^^;;;;; it does work! :)

I'd love to get down to a size where I could buy a bra anywhere. I'm a 34H/J and carry all my weight on my waist and boobs. Would love to get back into my size 10 jeans again too. With the size of my chest I'll never get below a 14 on top.

I would love to be a 10 although I just doubt it will every happen! A 12 is my target at the moment, was a 16 now managing to get back into my 14 clothes and it just seems like it is taking forever to get into a 12! Fingers crossed it happens soon tho! X

Thanks for the support all you lovelies. I are having a bad day today :( I'm off work this week and the food is just screaming at me to eat it, so I did.

Ended up getting a migraine and purging most of it anyway... feel awful though. Just gonna shrug it off as a bad day, make a nice wee curry for dinner and hope for the best at wi tomorrow eve. Not even gonna try and count what i've eaten/purged because its only going to annoy me.

Just keep thinking about that magical size 12....size 12..... size 12 dammit! :p

Back