whats your meal plans for the week??

*Emsie* said:
Good tip re the veggies, so do you freeze some of the meals then?

Yup. I leave 3 days worth in the fridge, & the rest in the freezer. I've got some of those takeaway plastic containers from eBay, and a chest freezer so it's easy, though sometimes I go overboard & end up filling the freezer!

Right well I'm out all day Saturday, so I reckon im going to do some Friday night and Monday night, after work.

Sun: Spicy root & lentil soup
Mon: Feta & garlic stuffed chicken in prosciutto with veg
Tue: Black bean soup with hot roast pepper cream
Wed: Chunky veggie chilli
Fri: Pomegranate and walnut stew with chicken
Sat: Morrocan meatball tagine. New York cheesecake.
Sun: Xmas soup with stuffing balls
Mon: Tomato soup with pesto-cheese twists
Tue: Balti soup
Wed: Mushy pea curry
Thu: Smoky black bean soup
Fri: Jamaican curry chicken with rice & peas
Sat: Lamb sausages in prosciutto with SW patatas bravas

Where is everybody? Mealios! :

Thu: Roast veg & lentil soup
Fri: Kofta curry w rice
Sat: Tartiflette starter, Lamb shanks with mash & veg, New York cheesecake
Sun: N African squash & chickpea stew
Mon: Xmas soup
Tue: Puy lentil & spinach soup
Wed: Feta stuffed chicken & veg
Thu: Spicy carrot & chickpea pitta pocket with Spicy merguez oven chips & yoghurt dip
Fri: Venison curry
Sat: Morroccan lamb shank tagine with merguez sausages
Sun: Chickpea ketchup curry
Mon: Veggie chilli
Tue: Mexican tomato & bean soup
Wed: Curried bubble & squeak
Thu: Liver curry
Fri: ???
Sat: Cheese fest
Sun: Roast squash & shallots w merguez chickpeas
Mon: Pearl barley broth

Erm you are so organised! I have tomorrow planned and the rest will be decided after we go shopping, which is backwards but you never know what you're getting in the shops round here. So I'm having mince & tatties tomorrow :D

Anyway what's all this cheesecake business?? And kofta :drool: do you use the recipe from the SW curry book? And the cheese fest sounds frickin amazing :D

Lunches
Th:Afghan Carrot Hotpot
F: Spinach and Aubergine Dahl
S: Bacon and Tomato Sarnie
S: Onion Soup
M:Butternut Squash Soup
T: Sardine salad
W: Winter Hash

Dinner
Th:Chicken stuffed with cheese wrapped in bacon, Rustic crushed garlic potatoes and Veg
F: Veg Curry, rice and SW chips ( call me Miss Piggy)
S: Burger (either Quorn or HM Pork) and Chips with Tomatoes and cucumber in a mint dressing.
S: Roast Chicken Dinner
M: Ham and Egg Salad and JP
T: Fakeaway Kebab
W: Tesco Light Choices Mushroom Risotto with Broccoli

Erm you are so organised! I have tomorrow planned and the rest will be decided after we go shopping, which is backwards but you never know what you're getting in the shops round here. So I'm having mince & tatties tomorrow :D

Anyway what's all this cheesecake business?? And kofta :drool: do you use the recipe from the SW curry book? And the cheese fest sounds frickin amazing :D

Not really, I just love fooooooood so Im always looking at new recipes and stuff :drool: So if I see/hear of something I fancy that is/could be made SW-friendly I add it to a list Ive got in my email box. Then once a week or so I just pick a few off the list for the week ahead, chuck in a couple of staples that I like to have regularly and voila, menu! Then just do a Tesco shop for whatever I need for them :)

I dont necessarily stick to the meals in that order, it just means that I've done the Tesco shop so Ive got the stuff in ready to make it when I want to. :) If I dont do it this way I inevitably find I dont have the stuff in I need and end up eating crap instead :(

tbh its getting a bit out of hand :eek: as theres sooooo many things I want to try, but I try to make myself have plenty of superfree meals/staples Sun-Tue and then the new stuff *after* WI Wed :rolleyes: (just in case it all goes a bit tits up ;) :D ), then I have Fri/Sat for more synful stuff :) So Ive got loooooaaaads of Fri/Sat meals I wanna have a go at but I wont let meself do them weekdays :p

Yeah the kofta one is from the SW mag, Im deffo having that tomorrow cos Ive got the mince out now. And the Tartiflette Sat cos Ive got the cheese out to ripen too :) Dont think Ill be having the cheesecake this week though cos I need to make the labne yet and Ive run out of yoghurt :( So that'll have to wait til the w/e after.

The cheeeeeeeeese fest, yeaaaaaahhhhh... that day's not gonna be strictly on plan...... :whistle: :rolleyes:

:8855:

Changed mine as I forgot I ordered some whole kippers, so today's lunch is roasted kippers & mushrooms, with tomatoes and scrambled egg x

Not really, I just love fooooooood so Im always looking at new recipes and stuff :drool: So if I see/hear of something I fancy that is/could be made SW-friendly I add it to a list Ive got in my email box. Then once a week or so I just pick a few off the list for the week ahead, chuck in a couple of staples that I like to have regularly and voila, menu! Then just do a Tesco shop for whatever I need for them :)

I dont necessarily stick to the meals in that order, it just means that I've done the Tesco shop so Ive got the stuff in ready to make it when I want to.
:) If I dont do it this way I inevitably find I dont have the stuff in I need and end up eating crap instead :(

tbh its getting a bit out of hand
:eek: as theres sooooo many things I want to try, but I try to make myself have plenty of superfree meals/staples Sun-Tue and then the new stuff *after* WI Wed :rolleyes: (just in case it all goes a bit tits up ;) :D ), then I have Fri/Sat for more synful stuff :) So Ive got loooooaaaads of Fri/Sat meals I wanna have a go at but I wont let meself do them weekdays :p

Yeah the kofta one is from the SW mag, Im deffo having that tomorrow cos Ive got the mince out now. And the Tartiflette Sat cos Ive got the cheese out to ripen too
:) Dont think Ill be having the cheesecake this week though cos I need to make the labne yet and Ive run out of yoghurt :( So that'll have to wait til the w/e after.

The cheeeeeeeeese fest, yeaaaaaahhhhh... that day's not gonna be strictly on plan......
:whistle: :rolleyes:

:8855:

I do the same sort of, but it's at the weekend when I try the new recipes. Have normal meals through the week and look forward to something new at the weekend, seems to keep me sane! Our new meal this weekend is a smoked fish risotto, not really adventurous (or new cos I have risotto a lot) but it's not mince so I'm happy! :D

How did you find the kofta? I need to make that again soon, I love it. Haven't had it at all this time round!! :eek:

A cheese fest on plan would be what, 28g of cheddar or something lol, hardly a fest of cheese! I would love to have a cheese night, maybe for my birthday which is in a few weeks time :D I hope you enjoy yours! I fully expect pics in your food diary ;)

This is probably my meal plan this week...

Tonight: smoked fish risotto
Tomorrow: spaghetti carbonara
Monday: mince
Tuesday: mince
Wednesday: mince
Thursday: mince
Friday: mince

Yeah.. mince rocks! :)

This is a great idea - I love planning my meals as I LOVE food!

Today (Saturday) stir fried beef and broccoli, beanspouts and egg fried rice

Sunday roast chicken with loads of veg

Monday Leftover roast chicken with noodles

Tuesday gammon and sw chips

Wednesday (weigh day so later tea) probably low fat sausages and mash

Thursday - running out of ideas now um possibly baked potato with beans

Friday sw KFC and chips

Saturday curry probably - yum yum!

Sunday - roast brisket with veg
Monday - cold beef with bubble squeak
Tuesday - spaghetti carbonara
Weds - chicken chorizo jambalaya
Thursday - balsamic braised beef with veg and mash
Friday - kfc style chicken feast

Been organised and planned next 5 days :)
Sat
Dinner - spicy chicken pasta with broccoli

Sun
Dinner - Maggi garlic chicken, roasted vegetables and boulongere potatoes

Mon
Dinner - lasagne and salad

Tue
Dinner - KFC chicken ( first attempt!)

Wed
Pork chop, Actifry cubed roasties and lots of veg

May swap days around but organised and all shopped for :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Today I've made:
One pan hash - delicious, had a wedge for lunch
Leek and potato soup
Shish kebab flavoured chicken thighs
Lunches sorted for several days :)

Dinner tonight was spicy chicken and chickpea pasta - loved it!!

Attachments

• image-3562991076.jpg
    image-3562991076.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 158
Monday
Carbonara EE

Tuesday
WW Sausage, sw Chips, Mushy peas

Wednesday
KFC Chicken sw style :flirt2:

Thursday
Chicken, marmite roasties, veg n gravy

Friday
baked bean lasagne m mmmm :D

Girly said:
Monday
Carbonara EE

Tuesday
WW Sausage, sw Chips, Mushy peas

Wednesday
KFC Chicken sw style :flirt2:

Thursday
Chicken, marmite roasties, veg n gravy

Friday
baked bean lasagne m mmmm :D

Marmite roasties mmmmmmm ... Hubbie hates marmite but maybe he'd never know lol x

What a great idea, i only ever plan a day ahead. so thi si swhat i'l having tomorrow,

Breakfast - fruit & yoghurt
Lunch - SW egg fried rice
Dinner - SW Spag bol

Mine is:
Saturday: Steak, Jackets, Runner Beans, Mushrooms
Sunday: SW Smash Pizza with veggie topping
Monday: SW Meatballs and Spaghetti
Tuesday: SW Bolognese & Pasta
Wednesday: Jackets, Beans & Cheese
Thursday: SW Chilli, Rice and Veg
Friday: Harvester Treat Night out!

Back