What's your reason, and be honest now!!

mistymoo

I kind of stumbled upon this fabulous site and am amazed that there are so many people on here doing so many different diets, and it's great that i'm not alone.

It did get me thinking though, obviously I know why I want to lose weight, I hate being fat and even though i'm a grown up, people still use my size against me, it's pathetic, but enough to spur me into doing something about it. And I cant wait until I see those horrible people again once I am slim so they can marvel at how wonderful I look!

But I wonder, what is everyone elses reason for dieting........? What actually spurred you into it this time? and be honest!!!

(I'm going to post this on as many boards as I can to try and get answers from people doing all the different diets, i'll let you know the outcome!)

I have so many reasons! to get fitter and healthier as i am thinking of joining the police force. to look good in clothes. to enjoy myself on a night out without feeling all minging and sweaty. just to be more comfortable in my own skin!

Well im doing CD , and my main reason was that I was starting to hate myself so much because of my looks that I didnt even want to go out with my friends on nights out anymore cause i hated how i looked and I stopped letting my OH see me naked etc cause i felt so fat and ugly... Also my oh so nice family decided it was ok to tell me out right " youve put loads of weight on dont you weigh yourself? " and I cried and cried it broke my heart that the people who should love me whatever my size could be so cruel. So enough was enough and im now 2 stone lighter up till today and Ive had the last laugh they all came round last week and were amazed at how much id lost. Ive still got my boyfriends mother trying to force food down my neck and sabotage me and his father making snide comments like " oh i take it your not eating again " but im having the last laugh and I will look amazing whilst they will all have their wobbley bits :D

Hi mistymoo.

I'm doing this diet because i'm fed up with how I look. I binge eat and have done WW in the last year, but practically it takes time to count points and its not a fast weight loss. Wanted a drastic change as going away in 2 weeks with my sis for a weekend away and wanted to be a stone lighter, then again end of July and wanted to have shed another 1.5 stone. The CD is extreme, but once you get on it, you kind of roll along and this site is fantastic for support. If I didn't have this, i would have fallen off the wagon. Lost 12 in 3 weeks, not that great, but much more then I ever lost on WW and thats 7 inch waiste and 3 inch of my bust too. so its visible results too, so for now, I'll keep up with the CD and enjoy the support of the Butterflies be in it to win it thread thats carried me through the though times and the good too. xx

Well im doing CD , and my main reason was that I was starting to hate myself so much because of my looks that I didnt even want to go out with my friends on nights out anymore cause i hated how i looked and I stopped letting my OH see me naked etc cause i felt so fat and ugly... Also my oh so nice family decided it was ok to tell me out right " youve put loads of weight on dont you weigh yourself? " and I cried and cried it broke my heart that the people who should love me whatever my size could be so cruel. So enough was enough and im now 2 stone lighter up till today and Ive had the last laugh they all came round last week and were amazed at how much id lost. Ive still got my boyfriends mother trying to force food down my neck and sabotage me and his father making snide comments like " oh i take it your not eating again " but im having the last laugh and I will look amazing whilst they will all have their wobbley bits :D

Thats not nice of your family at all. But I remember my mum saying that the reason I got problems was because of my weight. I hated her for it and wouldn't tell her anything about dieting after that, with fear that they would ask, hows it going? Thats great that you could give them back that feeling and get the last laugh too, well done on you for that.

I looked at some pics the other day of when I had my kids, a few years later, I weighed 11 stone and thought I was fat.. But I looked at me and thought, wowwww, I was skinny there. So, I'm going to get that ME back, for sure. :D

My reason is that I want to have a baby :)

Thats not nice of your family at all. But I remember my mum saying that the reason I got problems was because of my weight. I hated her for it and wouldn't tell her anything about dieting after that, with fear that they would ask, hows it going? Thats great that you could give them back that feeling and get the last laugh too, well done on you for that.

I looked at some pics the other day of when I had my kids, a few years later, I weighed 11 stone and thought I was fat.. But I looked at me and thought, wowwww, I was skinny there. So, I'm going to get that ME back, for sure. :D

Thanks hunny, Its kind of bitter sweet because it killed me at the time cause i was so low.. but their negative comments spurred me on and now im back to size 10 / 12 and into my old skinnyer clothes I too looked at old photos and i looked so skinny but i remeber at the time i used to think i was fat and try to diet.. Madness!!

Initially the catalyst for me doing this diet was my holiday in July, but I now know that I'm doing this because I decided that I didn't want to be fat any longer. I figured that this is my last chance to be the person I truly want to be. I'm only(!) 42 but I feel that I'm letting my life rush past me and I'm just standing still munching choc, chips & biscuits!
I've really noticed how my confidence has soared in the six short weeks that I've been on Cambridge and I'm just loving the attention that I'm now receiving from friends & family. It's soooooo worth giving up alcohol & my fave food for!
I'd recommend Cambridge to anyone who feels that they've tried all the other diets and it truly is the best thing I've ever done. Maybe this will be the time that I finally meet my knight in shining armour too - here's hoping! xx

Initially the catalyst for me doing this diet was my holiday in July, but I now know that I'm doing this because I decided that I didn't want to be fat any longer. I figured that this is my last chance to be the person I truly want to be. I'm only(!) 42 but I feel that I'm letting my life rush past me and I'm just standing still munching choc, chips & biscuits!
I've really noticed how my confidence has soared in the six short weeks that I've been on Cambridge and I'm just loving the attention that I'm now receiving from friends & family. It's soooooo worth giving up alcohol & my fave food for!
I'd recommend Cambridge to anyone who feels that they've tried all the other diets and it truly is the best thing I've ever done. Maybe this will be the time that I finally meet my knight in shining armour too - here's hoping! xx

Thats a good way to look at it Bmthsue.. I haven't told everyone yet about doing this as want to the results to speak for themselfs and don't want that question from everyone.. "how are you doing?" and looking up and down at me.. I hate that. I'd rather, "wowww, you've lost weight, what have you been doing?" question.. But thats just a personal thing for me.. x

(I'm going to post this on as many boards as I can to try and get answers from people doing all the different diets, i'll let you know the outcome!)

Please don't do that as it's classed as spamming (as was your signature link)...now removed.

Thanks hunny, Its kind of bitter sweet because it killed me at the time cause i was so low.. but their negative comments spurred me on and now im back to size 10 / 12 and into my old skinnyer clothes I too looked at old photos and i looked so skinny but i remeber at the time i used to think i was fat and try to diet.. Madness!!

Isn't it, lol.. utter utter madness!! But look at you now, thats the achievement! So hope I do the same as you, I am inspired. As long as I get to a size 12 I'll be happy (though my boobs will never be less then a 16) x

im going to try to post some before and after pics sometime so i can have a look see how different i look lol

Initially I did it because my wife was pregnant and I didn't want to die whilst my child was a baby.

Now I am doing it becuase I remember the amazing feeling of reaching your goal

The energy
The feeling that you can achieve anything
The confidence
Being able to go into a normal shop and buy clothes

Initially I did it because my wife was pregnant and I didn't want to die whilst my child was a baby.

Now I am doing it becuase I remember the amazing feeling of reaching your goal

The energy
The feeling that you can achieve anything
The confidence
Being able to go into a normal shop and buy clothes

Wowwww BigH, you have done well. x

I'm doing it because i hate my body and have very little confidence because of my size......i want to let the real me out of the darn fat suit!!

I'm doing it because i hate my body and have very little confidence because of my size......i want to let the real me out of the darn fat suit!!

Well, Im sure you'll get there LTFS. Your losses in the last 2 weeks are brilliant! xx

I have a bit of a strange reason. My sister's wedding in july and where I've been at Uni and the other side of the o****ry in general she hasn't seen me since this time last year. She bought my bridesmaid dress and I tried it on a few weeks ago - but it's 2 sizes too small! That's when I realised how much weight I had put on over the last year - and ultimately the last 3 or 4. My mum used to be cdc when I was young and she recommended her CDC to see her for a consultation....no where I am! :) xxx

Back