When Saturday comes

I am feeling so jittery about tomorrow!! I really want to keep my losing trend but I had such a up and down week, as in I attacked a chow mien on Tuesday, had a basket of onion rings yesterday, and last Saturday (which is my "off" diet day) I might have eaten 4 fairy cakes - in my defense, I accidentally read calories per cake wrong...

Really hoping my steller day at the pool will help me out tomorrow. : /

It's still a happy Saturday!! :D I'm down -1.1 kilos (2.4lbs) , that's 10 lbs total! WHICH ALSO MEANS.. I'm in the 150s!!:bliss: 159.4 lbs to be precise. It's not massive for a month but I am very pleased, don't feel like I have starved myself and I'm enjoying my new exercise regime. Good luck to you all :)

Last edited:
It's still a happy Saturday!! :D I'm down -1.1 kilos (2.4lbs) , that's 10 lbs total! WHICH ALSO MEANS.. I'm in the 150s!!:bliss: 159.4 lbs to be precise. It's not massive for a month but I am very pleased, don't feel like I have starved myself and I'm enjoying my new exercise regime. Good luck to you all :)

Well done Raspberry Red, I can tell from your post just how chuffed you are. And there must have been something in the air this week as I also had a Chinese last Saturday night. My first takeaway in 9 weeks - god did it taste good! :D

Well its Saturday and.... another 2lbs lost :D. Delighted because I had a Chinese meal last Saturday night - my first since I started WW 9 weeks ago. :gimi: It tasted gorgeous. Then in the week I had two work lunches as I was in all day meetings and they're not famed for being diet friendly. Still I didn't have any of the cake and then in the evening cut right back and just had the WW Chicken & Noodle soup which is 1PP along with lots of fresh fruit. Only 1lb off my next 7lbs loss now which is my next mini-target.

Hubby STS this week which isn't bad considering he had a beer relapse mid week and was also seen stuffing his face with a Toblerone last night :asskick:

Good luck to the rest of the Saturday crew! xx

Well done everyone!

It's a +1lb for me this week, but i come armed with excuses ;)

Firstly, i took my daughter away for 2 days to visit Peppa Pig World, and went a bit crazy with a chinese takeaway and some chocolate. Secondly, i've been dealing with a severe ear infection which got so bad i had to go to hospital yesterday as an emergency, and been on two different courses of antibiotics, eardrops, and strong painkillers - which aren't compatible with my diet as i need to eat solid food. Never had pain like it, it's really horrid. Anyway, it's not really a proper excuse as i have diet back up plans but i never actioned them, too busy feeling sorry for myself and eating icecream. Will be low carbing from now until i finish the antibiotics so hopefully can start to lose weight again.

Well done everyone!

It's a +1lb for me this week, but i come armed with excuses ;)

Firstly, i took my daughter away for 2 days to visit Peppa Pig World, and went a bit crazy with a chinese takeaway and some chocolate. Secondly, i've been dealing with a severe ear infection which got so bad i had to go to hospital yesterday as an emergency, and been on two different courses of antibiotics, eardrops, and strong painkillers - which aren't compatible with my diet as i need to eat solid food. Never had pain like it, it's really horrid. Anyway, it's not really a proper excuse as i have diet back up plans but i never actioned them, too busy feeling sorry for myself and eating icecream. Will be low carbing from now until i finish the antibiotics so hopefully can start to lose weight again.

To be fair I think you've done brilliantly for not putting on more than 1lb! You should focus on getting yourself better for now - ear-ache is awful and dieting frankly should be the least of your worries whilst you're coping with that. Hope you start to feel better soon. :)

Haven't done this in ages, I keep forgetting. Have made a milestone now though and lost my first whole stone! Down to 17st 5 today! I have snazzy new weight watchers scales though and they tell me I'm 38% fat so that needs to go down a little too!

Hey congrats!!!!! big achievement. :D

Well I woke up this morning with a shock.. because I lost .2lbs... which is weird because I did run, swim, and was 100% this week, and my cheeky mid week WI was promising but TOTM has rolled around and I think I'm obviously retaining a small ocean... grrrrrr. Soo disappointing. I'm sure next week will make up for it but grrrr.

Good Morning my Saturday chums! Well the fact that I'm posting on here so early will probably tell you I didn't win on the Euromillions so no champagne hangover for me!!

1lb loss this week for me which gives me a total of 1 1/2 stone loss :0clapper:Really pleased as that was my goal for this week. It was nearly scuppered by a minor skirmish with a mozzerella, tomato and pesto panini mid week though! Very tasty I have to say. Next goal of 10% off my total body weight is in sight.

Hubbie also lost 1lb so he's lost 19lbs in total so far.

Have a good weekend all and hope everyone is happy with the scales today! :)

well done on the tiny 0.2lb loss despite TOTM - and i have my fingers crossed for you next week ;)

I can't remember if i posted here last week or not. Anyway, in the past 3 weeks since i stopped doing diets strictly i have put on 4lbs. I have a very nasty ear infection which hasn't been going despite 2 courses of antibiotics so far. Originally started eating more to stop the antibiotics and painkillers making me sick, but it's morphed into an all out non-stop binge despite feeling so crappy and not even being able to taste my food properly cos the infection is so bad.

I'm actually feeling happy i have only put on 4lb - i thought it would be MUCH more on account of the fact my diets were keto diets and there is usually a good half stone of water weight or more involved with eating carbs again, not to mention the extra couple of pounds which comes from having a stomach/guts full of food once again. Still, need to be careful i don't want to gain another 4lb in the next 3 weeks - that would be bad!. I finish my antibiotics today so may be able to get back to dieting again tomorrow but we'll see - taking things steady as i feel so rotten still.

Well I woke up this morning with a shock.. because I lost .2lbs... which is weird because I did run, swim, and was 100% this week, and my cheeky mid week WI was promising but TOTM has rolled around and I think I'm obviously retaining a small ocean... grrrrrr. Soo disappointing. I'm sure next week will make up for it but grrrr.

Awww bummer for you. But a loss is a loss and some folk even put on a 1lb before their TOTM so it could have been much worse. Bet you have an almighty loss next week! I'm predicting a 3 pounder! :D Chin up RR. xxxxx

well done on the tiny 0.2lb loss despite TOTM - and i have my fingers crossed for you next week ;)

I can't remember if i posted here last week or not. Anyway, in the past 3 weeks since i stopped doing diets strictly i have put on 4lbs. I have a very nasty ear infection which hasn't been going despite 2 courses of antibiotics so far. Originally started eating more to stop the antibiotics and painkillers making me sick, but it's morphed into an all out non-stop binge despite feeling so crappy and not even being able to taste my food properly cos the infection is so bad.

I'm actually feeling happy i have only put on 4lb - i thought it would be MUCH more on account of the fact my diets were keto diets and there is usually a good half stone of water weight or more involved with eating carbs again, not to mention the extra couple of pounds which comes from having a stomach/guts full of food once again. Still, need to be careful i don't want to gain another 4lb in the next 3 weeks - that would be bad!. I finish my antibiotics today so may be able to get back to dieting again tomorrow but we'll see - taking things steady as i feel so rotten still.

Sorry to hear you're still feeling crappy. Ear infections are the worst. Take care and look after yourself. You'll get those 4lbs back off double quick once you get back into it. :vibes: Positive vibes are being sent. xxx

Aww. Thank you two. You both are loverly. I have literally been sulking around my house, feeling right sorry for myself because I ran in the the rain this week! tee heheh.

Huzzah for Mrs. and Mr. Sue!! Brilliant job on your loss and getting that pesky 1.5 stone off for good. I love that you two lose as a team. :D

Losingit, I'm really sorry to hear you are still feeling unwell. I know for me it's like a ticket to - eat everything in sight - so your little gain shows a good head and your mind is clearly at work in trying to keep you stable. :D I hope you feel better soon.

Hi,

I am new on here today, so I am trying to find my way round all the forums...

My weigh in day will also be a Saturday!

Today was my first weigh in and I have lost 7lb!! I am over the moon!! Although its only week 1 & I have a LOOOOOONG way to go!!

Just wanted to pop my first loss on here & say hello :)

Hey SugarPlum! Welcome and congrats on a fantastic loss!!

Thank You sooo much RasberryRed :) xx

Hi Sugar Plum - wow what a first week, you must be delighted. Well done and welcome to our Saturday WI club! :)

Back