When Saturday comes

Hi Saturday slimmers, can I join?

First weigh in after restarting slimfast on Monday, dropped from 9st6.5lbs to 9st4.75lbs (damn my digital scales) so a loss of 1.75lbs. Pretty happy with that, was well behaved on Saturday (apart from one bottle of beer), although today I was naughty and had my mam's roast, cheescake and a bacon sandwich. Since thats pretty much all I ate, I hope it won't affect next Saturday's weigh in too much - am aiming for my target of 9st by the 18th November! eeeek

Cath x x x

Good Saturday my friends!! I'm down .4kilos which is almost a whole pound. You think I could have gotten lower with the flu I have been dealing with all week - but there you have it. 69.5 kilos! Almost where I was before I started Uni again.

Wishing you all happy days today.

Hi All - well done RR and Dominoid. I had a Friday WI this week as went off to Glasgow for a couple of days. STS which I was slightly depressed about as I just wanted to lose 1lb to tip me into the 12 stone bracket. Daft I know, its all in the mind.

Still a good trip to Glasgow was had and I had a massive blow out at TGI Fridays so need to work really hard this week to make sure I don't pay for it on Saturday when I WI! :)

Hello all , can I join your Saturday WI? I am starting today so won't have a loss yet but so need to lose this weight I have piled on! Lost 4st last yr but it all went back on! Did Cambridge but never again lol

Morning All - and welcome Pinnell.

Well fab results this week for me. 3lbs off which means I have slipped into the 12 stone bracket! So chuffed. So being me I have set myself another mini target of losing 4lbs before Christmas which will see me come down by another 1/2 stone. I need another 7 twinkling in my signature space!! :)

Good vibes to all my Saturday guys and gals, and hope you have a fab weekend. :) xxx

Awesome as per ususal Mrs. Kitty Sue!! Well well done, you are so inspiring!

After a *indulgent* flat party last night, I'm only losing -.2 of a lbs ;) I suspect it might be more but there is still too much mulled wine sloshing about. Anyway, as of next week I'm restarting a old phase in my diet plan and I'll be running again - so my fingers are crossed for a great WI next week. Onwards, downwards.

Sending my happy vibes to you all!

Thanks Guys. I always appreciate your kind words and find this whole thread very positive. I really think my steady weight loss is down to doing my kettlebell workout sessions 3 times a week. I use a DVD and the session itself lasts 20mins. Although with the warm up and cool down and me pausing the DVD for a few welcome rest breaks it probably takes more like 35mins. I'm so glad I have found an exercise I can actually cope with doing (I'm not a gym bunny but any stretch of the imagination and can't think of anything worse than attending organised sessions). Deffo working for me though.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend - I'm sure they work on a different time frame to the rest of the week! :)

BBLLERGGG.. TOTM TOTM is stealing my loss from me this week!! grrrr. Right so I'm STS but next week - next week it's gonna happen!!! I'm going to get under 69.4 kilos!

Hi All - RR what can you do when its TOTM! Its such a pain.

I've lost 2lbs this week which I am pleased and surprised about. I've felt crappy all week with a really bad head cold which everyone in the office has as well. I've been necking throat sweets and swigging ticky cough mixture which is full of glucose but needs must when you're poorly. I thought I'd probably STS because of it. I wouldn't be surprised if its not going to do that next week instead.

Hate feeling ill. Its rare for me so I suppose I shouldn't moan too much! :)

Positive vibes to all. xx

Well done all. I gained a lb this week so now 17st4 My body fat percentage is still the same so that may be water or muscle I assume. I gave blood this week and that usually throws my body sugar off a fair bit. I'm not overly worried but a more concerted effort is in order for next week for me.

Oh I have been a bad girl this week. Super super super stressed-- don't think I'm gonna have a good WI - didn't even run once.. ;(

Morning All - RR bummer. You never know, you might get a nice surprise when you jump on the scales. Sorry to hear things have been stressful. :( I hope stuff gets sorted for you. xx

Well I'm celebrating this morning as 4 stone has gone. A 2lbs loss this week and I've met my mini pre-Christmas target to get to 12.5 stone. I figure if I can get as much off before Christmas then it will help with the inevitable few pounds I put back stuffing my face with Christmas goodies!

Positive vibes to all my Saturday chums. And an extra ton of vibes to RR! xxxxxx

Slinking back in, I've not been here since October! I've been really busy with lots of stuff, and have frustratingly STS since I last posted here. Until today, when I lost 2lb ... finally! That was a long plateau, have no idea what caused it, but I seem to be moving in the right direction now!

Cat Lover - well done on losing 4 stone, that's fantastic. I hope you have a nice treat lined up for doing so well?

I would like to join as Saturday is my day as well. I usually am very very good with the soduim intake on Friday and it makes a difference with my Saturday weigh in. Yes, maybe half of what I lose will be just water weight, but seeing the scale nos go down is good for motivation.

Oh Sue!!! So so so lovely to hear of you meeting your goal! What an accomplishment! :) Congrats congrats dear. I hope Mr. Sue is doing well also..

I erm.. I had a crazy crazy week - the most stressful ever this semester. I might have eaten an entire baguette and a glut of pasta on Friday night - erm so I'm STS. I'm sure it's accurate. We are entering finals, and it's so damn cold here I don't know how effective my next weeks will be but I'm still going to try. Be back next week all.

Hi - thanks RR. Really appreciate your kind words. Managed to shift another two pounds this week which I am surprised about as it was my TOTM. Happy to shift as much as I can before Christmas as I imagine I might be putting a few back on over the festive and New Year period! :)

RR - hope you manage to get back into it. But finals have to come first and if that means comfort or convenience food for a little while, so what. Sometimes something has to give. Take care and good luck with your work. xxxx

Hello All,

Well as predicted, I have gained, not terribly but about 2lbs. I have been dancing with this 2lbs on and off for the last month and a half. It's really quite discouraging. But there it is.

Sue - Thanks so much for the support, I know I need to give myself a break but it feels like such a step back. It's not even like I'm binging it's more like, I work for 9 hours and eat at 10pm cause it's when I can manage something - and of course I'm starving so it's pasta or something horrible I can't burn off. Work has completely supplanted my exercise schedule and the stress of finals and dissertations etc is enough to make the skull pop! I'll be doing my best to keep the damage to a minimum until I can get back on track.. :/

Morning All - STS this morning which is not bad as it was my work's Christmas party yesterday and I ate a huge meal and then had far too many drinks. Proper binge drinking at its best :) I don't think once a year is going to hurt me too much.

Hope everyone is ok and getting themselves ready for the Christmas onslaught! :)

Back