When the going gets tough.....the tough get slimmer

Oh no, I know how u feel not having any sleep. My daughter had me up for several hours in the night, so I felt pretty rough this morning.
I hope you soon perk up and enjoy your day. :)

thanks! glad i'm not the only on who can't function without my regular 8 hours :4635:

yeah the day did get better got thru my 8 hour shift was quite busy and boy do my feet and legs know about it now!! But all goes towards burning thise pesky calories.

Speaking of which am well under allowance again today and another day off the booze so i'm happy! Can't let hubby know tho as am still pretending to be cross with him ;) :8855:!!!! gotta let him know who's in charge.

Early night for me i think so i'm refreshed and full of vim and vigour for the rest of the weekend xx

morning all! another glorious day here...........which i get to spend standing behind a bar with everyone telling me how lovely it is out there! THANKS!!!!!

Anyway, had a lovely early night and now feel back on fighting form and full of motivation:D
Might be going to a bbq tonight (why don't people listen when i say i'm staying in???) but am going only armed with diet coke and quorn sausages, so there !

laters xx

happy easter everyone!!!

Didn't have to go to the bbq after all so another good day food wise even if i have been acting like a boring old fart!

So weekend half over and still no booze but am feeling strangely sleepy anyway:sigh:.
Am only working til 5 today so might meet up with some friends later and really test my resolve. I'm drinking diet coke so deal with it :D!!!

Hope you all have a fabulous day xx

Hi Betterforever :)

I've been reading through your diary and have found it really helpful. I'm staring calorie counting tomorrow and think I'm going to do a diary on here too.

I've been putting off starting as it seems every week there is something I have planned that is just going to result in me having a bad week (like im moving on saturday lol), but I've decided I just need to bloody start lol!

Well done on your weight loss so far, you've done really well xx

Your doing so well!!!! Fantastic! :)

thanks ladies just the encouragement i need, it means a lot :) and peagirl i'm glad my witterings can be of help, don't put it off cos every day you do is one day further from your goal, and expect to have off days you're only human and i mess up as much as anyone!!! good luck

Well, I went out last night with a few friends and actually had a brill night despite being sober!! woo hoo i can do it!! and because i was sober there was no bright idea to drink sambuca/stay out til 1am/get a massive takeaway on the way home! I am officially a genius hahahahaha!!

got work again today day -no rest for the wicked- so that will hopefully keep me out of trouble. Then cooking a curry and then it's glee and dvd night :) i love being a teetotalling boring old fart!! at the very least i can be smug when everyone else is nursing hangovers today ;) xx

Hi hun,

Sorry to bother you, but I saw in your diary you've had Super Noodles and listed it as 175kcal, is that a whole cooked pack?

No worries!

To be honest this always confuses me.............on a 100g pack the nutritional info states that 100g = 175cal but half a cooked pack is something like 200cal (ish) so I could be wrong! checked on mfp and that confirms that 100g=175cal and a pack =524cal so REALLY confusing cos a pack is 100g!!!

Hope that m,akes some sense and sorry i couldn't give a more definate answer xx

Have gone over calorie limit by quite a bit today but am a bit confused how??! I do have a habit of over estimating on numbers-better to be falsely over than under i guess but really don't feel like i ate that much.

Must get a handle on this or i'm never gonna get where i want to be.......i know what to do and from now on i'm just gonna get on and do it!!

Food shopping tomorrow so will get fully stocked with low cal things and stop buying tyhe bad stuff i know i won't resist! feeling very determined but it doesn't seem to be coming as easily as it was. Really need to lose this week if only to inspire me onwards

xx

You have done so well over the weekend. Thats an achievement, one I would struggle with. You are determined, which means you CAN do this! :)

Thanks hun i really need that encouragement right now! the scales aren't showing any evidence of me being an angel at all :(

Got a day off today (now that the sun has run away and hid!) and a meal out with the grandparents this evening, only a carvery though so should be pretty easy to stay on track. Will also try and do my walking today but my legs are killing me so might have a rest day, just hope i don't give up entirely because the weather is not as nice.

xx

well didn't do my walking but the best frien was back from a weekend away so we got together to catch up........gossiping burns cals right??? ;)

Went for the carvery and now feel pretty stuffed but was mostly veggies and potatoes and am still under by 38cals so all in all a success!! and my step dad had a voucher for free wine and i still resisted and stuck to diet coke! yay me!!!

Still feeling quite the porker tho. My initial weight loss sheen has definately worn off and feel a great need to lose more. Was even a bit grumpy earlier because i felt guilty and irritated that i was being 'forced' to eat out of my comfort zone despite this being a planned evening out! Really not wanting to go down the obssessive route again but don't wanna get too slack as we knowthat only leads to a gain :(

will I ever get the balance right??

my GOD i wish someone would just tell me what to eat! the amount of time i spend to-ing and fro-ing over what to cook/eat/buy is ridiculous!! i just want to make the right choices but also enjoy my food and it doesn't seem to tally!

I really want to lose another 10lbs and last time it seemed so easy but stupid ole me threw away all my diet diaries from last time as part of a 'fresh start' and i can't seem to get my head around why i was successful! i know not drinking (which i'm doing) and not going out/eating takeaways (which is boring :p) was a major part of it but no idea what i was actually eating apart from slimfast shakes but thats expensive and quite frankly not very satisfying! but is it worth it if it works?? All i know is when i fainally stopped i went on a mad crazy binge which is how i ended up yo-yoing the sam few pounds for the last couple of months! grrrrrr................and now my head hurts ;) xx

What are you eating at the moment? I'm very boring and tend to have the same things. Either Special K or Oat so Simple for breakfast. Lunch is usually a bought sarnie and low cal crisps, sometimes jacket potatoe and weightwatchers tuna sweetcorn mayo, on days where I'm exercising I might go for a microwave meal and salad. When I'm super organised (which doesn't happen often) I'll make a salad in the morning.

Everything and anything really as long as it fits into my allowance, but i do respond better to a 'boring' routine similar to yours! tho i don't like cereal my routine at the beginning was actually very similar to yours, so i think i've just got to do that again! in fact i think i'm gonna get off my arse go to asda and stock up ready for tomorrow!!

It's now or never hey? but pleasekeep that frying pan handy.........just in case ;) thank you xx

Had a much better day today attitude wise but not brilliant with food! not too far over allowance but mostly eating the wrong stuff (lots of pasta and carby evilness) i know it's low in fat but always bloats me!!

Never mind can't change it now :eek: still keeping my fingers crossed for a teeny loss tomorrow.

Have reset my targets to portray my next mini-goal of 10lbs by end of may. just find it less daunting to tackle 10lbs at a time and seeing how i feel after i meet each goal.I can then decide if i'm happy or if i want to power through to my ultimate goal!! Just hope i can tell when to stop torturing my self ;)

Half day tomorrow so am hoping to be fairly active and not too pig-like xx

Hi hun,

Good luck on your mini target, I am hoping to lose 10 lbs by then too, but no matter how little i eat i only ever seem to lose a 1lb a week on ANY diet i do, so im aiming for 5. Good luck!

Ps. I have the same prob with carbs, I love them, they dont love me

x

I've switched to brown pasta and brown rice... no white stuff in my house. The brown doesn't taste as nice so I don't crave it as much, but when I do have it I know the calories are worth it because of the fibre.

Back