When the going gets tough.....the tough get slimmer

Morning peeps!!!!

Just re read my last couple of posts and man am i depressing :eek::eek::eek:
I'm sure you'll all be glad to hear i'm in a much sunnier mood today and i have a plan!!! but thank you for all your words of support and advice, it's given me the kick in the bum i so desperately needed to get something done about it! I don't like myself all angry and whiny :D

Have spent the last 24 hours researching proof reading courses. It was something i looked into a year or so ago but lack of funds to take the course and severe low confidence put a stop to it but i'm in a much better place now and really think i can do it!!! Even if it takes a year or two at least i know there is light at the end of the tunnel and will be less likely to do any damage to myself or others
:sign0151::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Am feeling so optimistic now and REAlly hope i can do this cos it will be totally worth the journey once i get there!! much like my weight loss i guess so will be applying this logic to everything i guess!!!

Have a good day all xx

That's great. Pleased to see you are more positive :)

Oh YAY!!! I knew there would be something you could like at!!!

What is proof reading about? How do you turn it into a career? x

It's basically the last step in publishing, everything with printed word is sent to a proof reader so they can check for spelling grammar and punctuation mistakes. may sound dull but i LOVE reading and I ADORE correcting peoples mistakes hehehehe

best case scenario is i can support my self as a freelancer,working with publishing houses etc and earn lots of pennies , worst case i at least learn everything there is to know about the english language, which really appeals to a geek like me :):):)

And my lovely hubby has even offered to lend me the money so i don't have to wait too long to get started :D It's amazing what a light at the end of the tunnel can do to a person xx

evening all hope you're well!!

Had a good day today, back to the opticians again but good new this time can finally start wearing my contact lenses again yay!! then a spot of retail therapy, got some new pyjamas as mine were all falling off me and am happy to annouce i fit into a 12-14 from primark!!!! and we all know how small their sizes come up so another yay!!! :D

Then mostly lounged around this afternoon which is what days off are for and my prospectus for the course i wanna take came in the post getting me even more excited!! i REALLY hope this comes to something because i cannot wait to start living my life the way i want instead of how my boss decides ;)

Under calories again but did eat super early compared to usual so am now fearing the late night munchies eeeek xx

Evening!

Had another good day calorie wise , but still not feeling like i'm doing all that well! Feel no lighter and still eating quite a lot of crap :eek:

Official weigh in tomorrow but am in the mood not to bother as can't stand the idea of sts - or even worse gaining!!! Feel like hiding my scales for a while and just trusting my instincts but it's too scary :eek:

Where is my weight loss mojo???? if anyone sees it wandering around send it home please ;) xx

Good luck with your weigh in. You are doing so well. It's not nice when your motivation goes, but I know your strong enough and determined enough to come fighting back!!!!!!
Well done on the course, it's takes a lot of bravery to change your career. I'm sure you'll do great :)

ok let me get this out of the way..................................I LOST A POUND!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it's nothing short of a miracle ;)

I really thought i would sts (again!) and think this is just the motivation i need to really pick up the pace and go for goal!!! don't think i'll reach the whole 10lb goal but at least into next stone bracket by june????!!! please?

And in other news i enrolled on my course last night so just gotta wait for my first lot of paper work to turn up!! haven't been this excited about a work related thing in forever, but i've really switched off at my current job because i've got it into my head it's not for the long term! it's very naughty of me because i pride myself on a good work ethic, but at the same time it's kinda nice not to be a door mat for everyone else who who works there ("of course i'll do all your shifts for you, it's not like i have a life!!" :D) I'm finally on their level of commitment and that includes the manager!!!!!!!

Off to lunch with the bestest and am gonna treat myself to a few chips because it's been too long!

Hope you're all well xx

Fantastic!!!!

Wahoo!!! It's great to hear so many fabulous things are happening for you!!! x

Morning!!

My course stuff turned up this morning and it's just my luck i'm not gonna have any time to sit down and look at it properly until monday booooo!! But at least that means monday is gonna be something to look forward to for a change ;) the start of my new life yay!!!!!!!!

So i'm actually going out tonight!!! and i mean out out where i get to go somewhere other than my place of work, see different faces, wear a pretty dress and dance until the wee small hours!!! just hope it lives up to my expectations it's been 5 months since i've had a night outside this town :(

Sadly i have got to be at work for midday sunday so will be a very tired bunny but at least that will (hopefully) stop me getting absolutely mullered which equals less calories and less hangover food the next day! gonna still try and track as much as i can but i can't see it being to accurate - i'm feeling rebellious so what the heck!!

Hope everyone has citing plans for the weekend xx

Hope you have a great night tonight!! It's does u good to let your hair down once in a while :)

well i survived my night out and the hangover wasn't horrendous but didn't really enjoy the night all that much!! i just think those kind of nights out just aren't my thing! i just wanna be able to have a laugh and a bit of a dance without leery men/boys feeling the need to try it on. Plus my friend met some bloke so everything we did and everywhere we went was dictated by him :( don't want to sound selfish but what ever happened to an actual girls night out?????

Oh well at least i know i'm not missing anything ;)

Got 2 weeks til the end of the month and while its pretty ovbvious i'm not gonna meet my very ambitious 10lb goal i'll be happy losing another 3 which if i really focus i'm sure is possible! totm this week tho so damn water retention might put a hold on things this week but have been chugging as much as i can which will help. No plans now until the 4th june so no reason to go off the rails.........other than me bing a greedy guts of course ;)

feeling fed up today! been very tired again for no good reason and have literally sat on my arse all day!!! haven't eaten a ridiculous amount but still not very nutritious stuff, and a sneaky look on the scales reports a 3lb gain from the weekend :(

Am going to ladies day at the races on 4th june and would really love to be 150lb by then but if this keeps up it just ain't gonna happen!!! got 17 days til then so it's back on the wagon i hop...........no booze for me thank you and healthier choices at every meal!

and i need to save my money anyway so abstaining from pricey takeaways and alcohol will definately help! am hoping to go to dublin in july for my step dad's b'day and want lots of pennies to spend!!! i love dublin :D Just need to focus and stop fannying about like numpty xx

Chin up chicken, sounds like you've got loads of lovely things to be looking forward to... so stop looking down at those bloody scales and get on with it!!! You know what you need to do and you know you can do it... So go do it and kick some ass whilst you're at it!!! GO YOU!!! x

Cheers for that, you're right as usual i've just been in a grump lately but i'll soon get over it!!!! :D

scales are showing that 3lbs has pretty much gone so that good but means i'll prob sts this week! But we all know that's not the end of the world ;) Am gonna try my hardest from now on and try to stop the whinging.............but i'm not making any promises hahaha!

Work this afternoon which will no doubt be super boring but thats life for the time being, things can only get better xx

Had a much better day today, have dicovered the new Special K plan on their website and i'm hoping and praying it gives me a kick in the right direction! it's similar to mfp in that it lets you log your intake but the thing thats really appealing to me is the fact it gives you a daily meal plan to follow instead of leaving me to my own devices-which is kind of dangerous ;)

And it's not the cereal for breakfast and lunch then a balanced evening meal malarkey either, it gives you decent meal choices and you can swap them if it's something you don't like/want! you can set your targets as either a weight you want to get to and it'll predict a time scale or as a time you wanna lose by and it'll tell you how much you can realistically expect to lose

Did any of that make sense??? it does for me and i'm hoping i can stick to it because i need a bit of structure at the mo. so i've entered 4th june as my target date and if i follow the plan as closely as i can i should be able to lose 5lb..................here's hoping xx

so it was a sts for me this week which is annoying but fully expected!! probably had something to do with the vodka and 2am mcdonalds at the weekend.....ooops!

Hubby finally revealed my anniversary surprise (it's not til september but i'm too stressy to wait ;)) and I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND PARIS!!!!!!!!!! so have most definately got a goal to wrok towards now :D 18 weeks today so at least a stone i reckon! well thats the plan anyway woop!

so excited xx

If I get thin enough can you sneak me in your suitcase?!?!?!?! x

of course!!!!! i'll even leave space for your mickey mouse ears on the way back :D

Back