When the going gets tough.....the tough get slimmer

I don't mind it, I think it's the texture that makes it different for me... The big problem is when I end up in an italian restaurant with white pasta... I GO NUTS!!! LOL!!! x

Had a very strange day today!

Woke up to the same weight on the scales (boooo! boring!) tehn had my traditional 'f**k it i'm gonna eat what i like' moment, did just that but kept track only to find i've eaten a hell of a lot less than i normally would!!!!! mmmmmm strange

It's still early tho so that may change later but i'm bout 500 cals under target whereas on a so called good day by now i've got bout 100 or less left - god i'm wierd!

But luckily my bad mood has dissipated and because this kinda shows that obssessing over each morsel obviously makes me over indulge in some twisted kind of way and i definately need to chill out and go with my instincts! ooooh I love being right ;) ;) ;)

Am now very much looking forward to fun and frolics this weekend with the bestest and i'm going to have a drink even because hopefully after abstaining last week i've learnt a thing or two........maybe ?? :D

fun times xx

I did a lot of cooking a few weeks ago, turkey lasagne, turkey sausage casserole, chicken casserole, tikka masala, etc. I labelled and froze everything, making a note of the kcal with help from MFP. It made life so much easier. I take the meal out of the freezer the night before then the decision is made for my main meal.
I always plan my day either the day before, or when I wake up in a morning.
This journey is never easy, so make it as easy as you can whilst staying in control.

morning all!!!
Have been missing in action for a couple of days, generally just working and having a good time!

Had a few drinks fri but not with disasterous effects as normal and ate fairly well yesterday, but was nice to just relax and go with the flow :)

Start of a new month today and i'm hoping to lose 10lbs but anything more than the same 2lbs i've been losing and regaining for months will put a smile on my face, and if i can get under 11 stone i'll need to be peeled off the ceiling ;)

Got work til 5 then out for drinks with hubby, hopefully i don't go crazy on the booze/takeaway front :( I just need to remind myself I am perfectly capable of enjoying myself sober and no ones really gonna give a hoot what i'm drinking as long as i'm there! i refuse to let this turn me into a hermit, it needs to be realistic so i can make it a life style change not a quick fix!!

Happy sunday everyone xx

That's a great attitude to have :)
Good luck with the 10lb!

Well what a jolly bank holiday was had by all but it's monday today and i don't care if everyone else is off work i'm getting back in the saddle! yee hah!

went over slightly yesterday but was active all day and even had a fairly early night due to hubby being drunk and needing to go home :drunk:!! and for once i was greatful because everyone had got to the annoying drunken phase and the pub band we were watching were only good if you were hammered hehehehe ;)

So it's a new week, a new month and i can't wait for the next phase of my weight loss xx

Great day so far!!

not been at work so thats always a good start :D!!

been sticking to my super good plan that worked for me earlier this year consisting of slimfast shake for breakfast, soup for luch and weight watchers ready meals for dinner- i know not completely healthy but if it works it works!!

I only do it for a few weeks cos i know its a sure fire way to shift the bulk if i stick to it!!!

And seeing as i've manage to maintain my original loss by eating pretty much what i want within reason i know once i get to target maintaining should be pretty simples!

Still going with the teetotal thing until the end of the month, which is exactly 4 weeks today so fingers crossed for my next 10lbs off!!! xx

have had a very strange day today, emotionally!! and yesterday to be honest!!!

Just been feeling blue for no real reason that i can think of, and was quite tearful too:needhug: Maybe i'm coming down with something............hope not :(

Oh well i've had a good day calorie wise so am keeping fingers toes and eyes crossed for a decent loss tomorrow at official weigh in!!:cross:

Have slipped back into weighing every day which i know can be super de-motivating but so far in this month i'm down 0.4lb so all is gooooooood:woohoo::woohoo:

Hope i don't have a binge tonight again because wanna give myself the best chance of a whole pound (or more, i don't mind) gone in the morning!!! see positive mental attitude and everything xx

((((((((((big hug)))))))))))))

Good luck for 2moro, hope you feel a bit better x

I lost a pound!!!! make way for the weight loss dance....it's been too long :banana dancer::party0011::party0049::party0048:

Anyway now thats out of the way, back on the road to goal!!! only 9lbs left to shift this month and am feeling super positive that i can do it! i've done it before and there's no excuse other than my lack of effort.

Am looking after my mum's dogs for a couple of days so that means extra walking -on my husband's behalf of course ;)- just kidding !!

xx

That's great!!! :)

have stayed below calories again today and quite busy at work but still feel like i'm eating too much...........perhaps too much of the wrong stuff but sadly thats just my taste :( and i refuse to punish muself with food dislike!

I am still very optimistic that i'm going to do this however slowly but find myself freaking out quite frequently about not doing it well enough!! oooh look low self esteem rears it's ugly head- is it not time i grew out of this self doubting hoopla.

oh well onwards we march i guess xx

The weekend is half over and not touched a drop of loopy juice yet!! hoping to keep this up for the rest of may at least i feel so much better for it even if i am turning into a boring homebody, i'd much rather that than a drunkedy drunk wierdo hehehehe!! I'm wierd enough sober believe me ;)

been in a pretty foul mood today but i think thats more to do with work getting me down than anything diet realated. I do enjoy the job but working ALL weekend is a bit much for my work/life balance especially as certain other members of staff get away with all the cushy shifts...........because she's got kids ( and thats my problem how?????) Sorry, i do get a bit antsy bout it but it does feel an unfair advantage sometimes :(

Also realised why i haven't been feeling 100% this week because i had a pretty bad flair up of my IBS symptoms last night which is usually triggered by too much 'bad' fat so am gonna try and steer clear of it and hopefully as a side product will reduce my calorie intake too. well thats the plan anyway! hope everyone is well xx

Your doing great!! Especially having several other issues to deal with. :)

I wish I had not drank this w/e, head not in a good place this morning!!

Do you every get a weekend off or are your shifts perminent? x

The shifts thing sounds a bit grim, but the employers are a bit over a barrel with it if she's got kids. They're supposed to make 'reasonable adjustments' (whatever that might mean!)

Sounds like you've got a decent plan about your fat intake. That should really work! Hope today goes well :)

well seeing as you all asked, get ready for a rant!

Yes my shifts are permanent, the big boss man seems to think any full time member of staff is obliged to work all weekend every weekend so i have tuesdays off! Only way of getting weekend time off is using holiday or taking it unpaid :(

And i understand the 'reasonable adjustment' thing -i'm not completely evil ;) - but this girl is taking the mick! First of all she refused to work saturdays and sundays but did do quite a few evenings so i never minded all that much. But she recently split from her bloke and now can't do ANY evenings at all which is putting the pressure on everyone else! But the thing that really takes the biscuit is every friday night since she made this announcement she has managed to find a babysitter so she can come out and get drunk............in the pub that we work in!!!!! RUDE!

Oh and did I mention the fact that she insists on telling me what to do and how to do it as if she's the boss! And the sad thing is she used to be my friend :(

As annoying as all this is i just think i'm getting to the point where i need a new focus/job /career, let's face it no one wants to be a 50 year old barmaid! But i STILL don't know what i wanna be when i grow up :D

thanks for listening if you're still with me xx

Oh chicken, how horrible!!! I can't believe your boss would not rotate his staff so everyone gets a weekend once in a while. If I didn't have my weekends I'd never see my friends and family as they are mostly monday to friday 9-5, so feel your pain.

Do you have any qualifications? Do you know what you DON'T want to do? Sometimes its good to start with what you would hate about a job and narrow it down from there. Do you have an ideal dream job you would love to do if you could figure out how to make it happen? x

The 'boss' is a faceless money pot who couldn't care less how happy his staff are and the manager is the person i deal with, and he's actually a decent bloke but he sadly has no balls ;)

And no i don't have any qualifiactions to speak of (an NVQ in art and design doesn't get you much) and have the catch 22 of not being able to do college and full time work yet i can't afford not to work full time, if that makes any sense. And as for the dream job I have NO idea!!!! I know i hate living the corporate dream - 4 years as a manager at m&s taught me that- so something creative/freelance would be awesome but I have no great talent OR the confidence to do anything 'outside the box'!

I don't want to dive from one shitty job to the next because that seems pointless. My current job is on my doorstep, so no travel expenses plus the pay is pretty good compared to any where else for similar job so if things are gonna change it needs to be in a specific direction or what is the point??

Sorry to be such a downer because my food intake was actually pretty decent today and am starting to feel less podgy so yay!!! :D Always look on the bright side hey??? xx

Back