When the going gets tough.....the tough get slimmer

had a really miserable day yesterday, which is always made better by people telling me i'm miserable every 20 minutes!!!! does it ever occur to them that i've got good reason to be grumpy??? to be honest i haven't but how dare they be so insensitive?! RUDE!!!

but i solve that problem by getting drunk and singing along to cheesy music in the pub..................and now i feel like **** ;)
good job i've done well with the diet for the last 2 days cos it's going out of the window today there's no point fighting it :D

Hope you're all well xx

Howdy!!!

Another boring day at work but did ok not eating junk!! Planned out 4 smallish meals and am under calorie allowance so that's good enough for me! Really need to start doing some formal excercise (running to asda for a loaf does not a skinny minny make). I do have a mini stepper thing but it's really boring - even if i watch Supernatural box sets while i do it- and i end up frustrated and giving up after 10-15 mins :(

A friend of mine does power walking and it's sounds like something i could do especially while the weather is nicer but i feel to self concious which i realise is VERY immature but i cannot shake that 'always picked last for the team/ even the pe teachers take the mick out of me' feeling :(

Really want to lose the next 1-3lbs quite soon because if i go down one more it'll be the first time i've seen that weight this time round and three more will take me to the next stone bracket!! so near yet so far xx

Disneyland Paris, that's great. I would love to go. It's certainly a nice goal for you to aim for :)

Walking is soooooo easy to do!!! As long as you make time for it and don't make excuses. Me and work people are thinking of having a lunch time walk around the business park, I'm hardly walking since we moved offices and I really miss it, especially like you say as the weather is ok at the moment. x

Have kind of gone of the rails in the last couple of days, not food wise actually been better than normal :D, but with the calorie counting! went missing in action from mfp and was generally trusting my instincts with food choices and portion sizes. I haven't LOST any pounds but i have maintained my lowest weight(this time!!) for a week and the tape measure says i've dropped 1.5 inches off my buddha belly :D AND (i'm just showing off now!!) i'm sat typing this in my primark size 12 boyfriend jeans :D :D :D :D

Now the big question is can i keep this up and trust myself to continue this trend or should i go back to religiously tracking every morsel? because i was beginning to get obssessed with tracking, numbers, weighing etc and would love to be freed from that without spiralling into fatty bum bum binge eating mode again :(

decisions, decision xx

Size 12, fantastic!!!

It's a tough one on the calorie logging. It will certainly take discipline, but if your happier doing it that way good luck to you.
I know I would struggle to stay focused without logging all my food and exercise, but that's just me :)

greetings!!

have got my act back together and am using mfp again which i will try and stick to as much as i can but at weekends think i may just use common sense because things are always a bit hectic and unpredictable and can't guarentee getting online (doesn't work on my phone) Am on 1400 cals again after 3 weeks of 1200 and not budging any weight!! I know 1200 is too low really but i got impatient and it worked for me before but i never kept it off -which says it all really!! this time it's for keeps :)

the scales may not be showing a change but the tape measure is and i'm getting into a 12 more and more often now, depending on the shop, fit of the clothes and how i want them to look :D Plus my mum drove past me the other day and said she wasn't sure if it was me from behind because i looked too thin!!! too thin???!! i haven't ever been called TOO thin! ( can you tell i'm pleased with that hehehe!)

Hoping this good mood last and i finally get to see a different number on the scale xx

Have sts AGAIN this week which is boring but i'll keep ploughing on :D not sure what i'm doing wrong i'm definately eating enough but don't think it's too much cos i'm staying under my limit and only really eating when i'm hungry plus i've cut out the late night nibbles and am trying not to eat after 8pm! :(

went to the cinema to see hangover part 2 .............FUNNY! if a little wrong ;) pretty much same as the first but made me laugh which is all i require!!! didn't have any popcorn just a big coke zero and 5 m&m peanuts so quite good. Was nice to go out on a fri night, not drink and wake up with a clear head too, lets see if i can do it again tonight! off out to watch champions league final ...............woop! (or not) xx

well it turns out i couldn't do it again! for the 2nd week running i've stayed out straight after work, not eaten and drank my body weight in booze :( this does not make me feel good at all!! am making a new rule that i only drink on special occasions when i've planned something fun and waited/looked forward to it! yesterday my excuse was a cantankerous old man being particularly vile to me and peeing me off! and then one of my best friends came out for the first time in ages but instead of just being glad to see her and having a good chat i decided i needed to get drunk to feel the full effect ...........i know better than this!!

So ineveitably feel poo today have eaten a bacon sandwich, a hot pork bap (WITH crackling!!) and a chinese takeaway!! :eek: would have had more but i went straight to sleep after work at 3pm and didn't get up til 6:30 oooops ;)

But on the plus side i didn't go out tonight despite copious invitations and if i do decide to go out tomorrow (our little towns carnival day!!) i'm NOT drinking, because i can't afford it! have got better things to spend my cash on............so there :p

so tuesday is end of another month and i'm no where near my target of 10lbs. only lost 3 so far and not holding out hope for any more so that 7lbs remaining WILL be gone in june! plus tues is 2 weeks til peter kay, 4 weeks til take that and 6 weeks til dublin so i've got plenty to aim for and keep me busy xx

I'm baaaaaaack!!!

been missing in action for 5 weeks due to t'internet malfunction and pretty serious chest infection that i'm just getting over now :(

But the good news is i'm EXACTLY the same weight as when i last visited, which is nothing short of a miracle as i have not been tracking at all! In fact i jumped off the wagon and rolled around in comfort food so i'm pretty impressed ;)

Hope everyone else is well and i'm sure you have all progressed!!! Just need to catch up on the gossip and i'll be right back in the swing of things............ xx

That's great that you didn't put weight on! Something is obviously working!

hi all!!!

Been a bit pants at updating here but been a bit hit and miss food wise (had lots of naughties in the house from my time off plan and am too skint to buy food atm ;))! pluss been super busy with work coursework and plans for my dublin trip with the bestest!!! So excited :D

Monday will be my first official weigh in, I then fly to dublin tuesday morning so am hoping to at the very least have lost the bloat so i feel fab when i go (tho no doubt it will be back within the first 24hrs) but a pound or two would be nice!

Staying in this weekend to save the pennies, so lack of booze and hangover food should have a positive effect and will just stick to 3 reasonable meals a day and fingers crossed will stay within cal limits, or thereabouts. Have managed it so far this week so here's hoping

xx

Good luck with getting back into the swing of things. x

Great to have you back!! You have done really well so stay the same weight, well done!! :)

Thanks ladies :D!!!!!!

feeling bloaty and tired this morning despite being a good girl and staying in last night...........but thanks to the pub over the road having a karaoke night until 130am i'm not feeling as spritely as i should :( and its safe to say my town does not breed x factor winners!!!!

Oh well onwards we plod! went to the nana's for tea last night and think it was too salty hence the bloat but ate nice and early, a sensible portion and refrained from snacking when i got home. And if thats not good enough!!! To be honest I'm not holding out much hope for a loss this week because i know i'm going away and in my head that equals not bothering, but coming on here and mfp is at least making me a little restrained and not binging!

I have mostly stayed within cal limit and have (miraculously) stayed off the scales since monday so i may be in for a plesant surprise on weigh in :) Optimism is the future xx

Optimism is the best :) Good luck!

Make sure you chug plenty of water to rid the bloat, then hopefully the weigh in will have a pleasant surprise for you. x

feeling nervous/excited for WI tomorrow!! can't believe i've gone a whole week without jumping on!! it's like a whole new me..........kind of ;)

Even more excited to be jetting off to exotic climes (well, dublin) on tues!!! haven't had a proper break from work since april when i had the weekend off for my b'day and can't wait for some quality time with my parents and best friend :D

Said best friend had a boy crisis last night ( sooooo glad i'm married!) so as any good friend would i was summoned for wine drinking and putting the world to rights! Was a farly good girl tho, had 3 small glasses with ice and soda water which seems to do the trick as far as water retention and hangovers are concerned. Still had a headache all afternoon but think that was more to do with clammy weather.

Haven't tracked cals religously today or yesterday but have stuck to my 3 main meals without snacking so i feel fine about it. Tummy seeems a little flatter so who knows......? Here's to WI and hopefully my first proper loss in 5 months xx

I'll have fingers crossed for ya!! I'm a sneaky peeker ......may have to cut down slowly lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck for weigh in! x

Back