When the going gets tough.....the tough get slimmer

well it's monday again and time to give myself a little pep talk to keep me on track for another 7 days. A couple of obstacles this week with lunch with a friend on thursday and the all-important wedding on saturday but as long as i make the right choices and make the rest of my meals on those days super good i'll be grand!

Yesterdays roast dinner was delicious plenty of veg lean roast lamb and new potatoes, even had a small slice plain cheescake all within my calorie allowance :D

Back to work today :( but got myself a John West light lunch jobby thats only 203cal and have 375cal left to play with for snacks etc so feeling optimistic x

Hi hun - just been reading your diary :)

I hope Monday is going ok for you, and you're right about the wedding etc coming up - as long as you make the right choices, you will be fine.

Yesterday's roast sounds lush! Mmmm lamb is my favourite!

Wishing you a fab Monday xxx

Feel like i'm lossing my mojo and need to get my grasp on it now before i lose it for good :( Very annoyed and i know i'm only human etc but this isn't a difficult thing to do and i'm not being deprived of anything but i sometimes simply can't be bothered to work at it! Terrible i know ;)

Am off to the opticians today to pick out some new glasses! fun in theory but could really do without the expense atm but hey ho what can you do?? don't want to be walking into walls and stuff :D

No reason at all to go off plan today so i shall keep on trucking x

Feel like i'm lossing my mojo and need to get my grasp on it now before i lose it for good :( Very annoyed and i know i'm only human etc but this isn't a difficult thing to do and i'm not being deprived of anything but i sometimes simply can't be bothered to work at it! Terrible i know ;)

Am off to the opticians today to pick out some new glasses! fun in theory but could really do without the expense atm but hey ho what can you do?? don't want to be walking into walls and stuff :D

No reason at all to go off plan today so i shall keep on trucking x

You can do it hun, keep going!

Have a great day! xx

You hit the nail on the head darling, you are only human!!! We all have days when we feel like saying"sod it", don't worry about it. You know that it's happening which is a great start. If your anything like me, you will start the day thinking you can't be arsed, but come dinner time you will have been good all day without even knowing it. I think ccing becomes second nature! :)

I desperatley need to get my eyes tested, I really need some new glasses, but I just can't afford it! It drives me mad that we have no choice in wearing them, yet they are so bloody expensive!! Hope you get some lovely ones. :)

Well after a 24hr wobble i'm back on it like a car bonnet!!!

Have lost the 2lbs water weight from totm which is probably what i was really sulking about ;) so am feeling back on track!

Am gonna try re visiting what i did in jan/feb to get the weight off again! I was really strict with myself but it was only for a short period so i just need to focus on what i want ( and i do REALLY want this!) and go for it x

Last edited:
Just been and spontaneously had all my hair chopped off!!! feels well weird but i love it! gone from long wavy can-tuck-it-in-bra-at-the-back to chin length with lots of layers aysemmetric type thing! went with a pic of cheryl coles hair if that helps the visual :) Sure i look JUST like her now ;) will prob lose 5lb this week just in the hair i left on the floor :D

Feeling a bit wobbly again today, but not sure why. Very annoying but i guess i'll just keep plodding on!! Really struggling with money this week which doesn't help with having the right food available so just got to do the best i can til monday then i can get stocked up again!!

I can do this just got to stop sabotaging myself xx

So I've managed to re-gain the few measly pounds i lost this month!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Ooooh I'm so frustrated with myself i don't know why i thought i was doing well i'm just lying to myself!!! grrr i'm such an idiotpants :p

Hopefully this will motivate me for the coming week tho (see i can be positive!!) It's 6 week today until i go to Paris for my 1st wedding anniversary and i REally want to be under 11stone for that. I know 5is pounds in 6 weeks should be a doddle but the way i am lately i ain't so sure.

Really going for it now! am cutting out alcohol (even at the wedding tomorrow night!!), drinking my 2ltrs EVERY day, no more takeaways or late night nibbles!

I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!..................................can't i??

You definitely can! Go for it :)

Thanks Bostik i really hope you're right!!!

Had an ok day yesterday but did get a bit nibbly round bed time but managed to mostly control myself!!!

In other news am off to the so-called 'wedding of the year' tonight, but i'll let them have it as my wedding last september was wedding of the century :p I know i sound like petty so and so but it is the wedding of my husbands cousin and my EX-BOYFRIEND!!! My ex-boyfriend who can't keep it in his pants and likes to have discussions with his fists :( Awkward!!! I'm just hoping for her sake that a leopard can change his spots, maybe i just brought the worst out in him!!! Oh well i've got a fab new dress AND new shoes so that's enough to get excited about :D

Will make sure i eat before i go and fingers crossed for there being no buffet ;) Enjoy your weekends people xx

what a totally confusing day yesterday was!!!!
At work a very kind fella asked me if i'd put on weight!!!! to which i very politely told him to f***k off!!! On what planet does ANYONE want to be asked that???!!! what a moron!

But then when i got to the wedding my OH auntie told me i'd lost loads of weight (she is now officially my favourite!) I guess it must be the dress - love it! Still quite angry with that bloke tho because i haven't gained even a pound! i may have sts for months but haven't gained once! grrrrrrr!!

ok day foodwise tho and did have one sneaky glass of wine but didn't overindulge so yay!!! did a bit of dancing too so thats my excercise for the week done ;) Work today then a chilled night in but got no food in so will prob be a takeaway for tea but will try and make good choice xx

one thing to say really................He is a man!!!!! What do you expect? Do not take his ridiculous comment on board. You do not look like you have gained weight, he just needs glasses or lessons in how to speak to a woman!!!
Listen to the Auntie, she has got it right. :)

Well done on the sensible choices, bet you looked a million dollars in that dress. :)

Am officially over the doofus from saturday he's clearly a moron and i know i haven't gained and thats good enough for me :D

am feeling a bit more positive today after caving into a takeaway curry and instantly regretting it last night! Only a fool doesn't learn from past mistakes :( This is such a simple thing to do and the fact that you guys all manage it quite well means i can too! I'm just so sick and tired of con stantly counting planning and thinking about food but i know its the best way to see results. Or just go to sleep for a month and hope for the best ;) i WILL get there x

Just been for a big walk-even got up a lot earlier than usual to fit it in!! as a result am feeling very pleased with myself :D Am gonna try and do this at least 5 days a week now i've seen that it's not the worst/scariest thing in the world. never thought i'd see the day :)

Off to pick up my new glasses today then maybe stop for lunch.......will try and say NO to chips ;) xx

Didn't manage a walk this morning.........my bed was far too persuasive :p but did ok with food. Am just trying to eat as well as i can, low fat, unprocessed proper food and am taking the teetotal thing properly this time no excuses! I do want to do it for more reasons than the weight loss. I hate hangovers i always have to work the next day, i don't like how i am when i'm drinking and i would rather spend my money on other things :D

Got nothing going on from now until 23rd september when we go to Paris for the weekend so i'm hibernating and staying out of social situations until i see a difference in the mirror! It might be deemed 'boring' but thats life i guess

Ok so technically i am pleased that i've lost 2lbs this week but feeling a little de-motivated with seeing the same numbers on the scale. Been floating between 11st 3lb and 11st 1lb for weeks now an i'm BORED!!!

Got no plans this weekend that involve drinking so thats a good start, will be easy for me to resist! am staying in with dvds tonight (my favourite as i can wear my pj's ;)) tomorrow am off to the cinema to see The Inbetweeners and then bbq for my brothers b'day on sun! Busy busy busy :D So tonight is easy- Early dinner, plenty of water and no nibbling after 8pm. There. A plan. I will be below 11st by next week...........my sanity depends on it!!! Focus xx

Back