Which adverts make you turn over?

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV' started by Starlight, 7 March 2007 Social URL.

1. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Someone mentioned the Picture Loans adverts on another thread. I hate them!!!

Theyre almost as bad as that obnoxious child who sits on the loo shouting 'Its all gone, its all gone' about the air freshner. :mad:

What other ads have people reaching for the off button :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kittykat

kittykat Gold Member

Start Weight:
    29st0lb
    Diet:
    exante
    how strange was just gonna start this thread

yes it was me with the picture loan ad and its gotta be the fee charging debt companies too

4. rubyberrie

rubyberrie Working My Way to Thin!

Hi Starlight

The recent Orange network advert, with those two silly wind up thingy's walking along the road, with the really creepy version of "Let me call you Sweetheart", I absolutely hate it

I agree with you about the loan ones, I am not normally a violent person, but don't you just want to smack that fella in the face who is being filmed? - what a nurd!

5. Janey

Janey Intuitive Eater

Diet:
    intuitive eating
    All of them, I turn the sound off! My husband thinks its hysterical because as soon as the ads come on, I grab the remote control. Peace is bliss! :D

6. Fionauk

Fionauk Full Member

Diet:
    Following Paul Mckennas book - I can make you thin
    Most of them lol esp the weight watcher ones. The women who now takes half the time to wax? Yuck! And the new singing 'gorgeous' one - it sounds like cats fighting lol

7. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    my neice loves that "gorgeous" ad and sings it all the time. nowt wrong with self confidence i guess lol.

i really hate those personal injury ads. all of them. the ones where the blokey is rigged up to lie detector and the ones where the bloke falls off laddar/gets crushed by forklift/lady injuring her knee at office!

the other rubbish ones as well are the ones that last for AGES flogging CD sets that u can only buy direct. "oooo yeah i could really do with a 12 pack of all my favourite morris dancers classics. Quick! pass me the phone...theres only 12 minutes left of the ad and i might miss the number if i dont call RIGHT NOW!!!" :sigh:

8. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    Anything for sanitary towels with flipping blue water ! Women wearing flimsy white knickers and skirts that NO WAY would anyone dare to wear during their period ! :D

9. Happe

Happe escaping the fat

Start Weight:
    23st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10.5lb(16.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The antismoking one where the girl is at a wedding and everone is breathing in her smoke and the Ask frank one in the brain shop.

10. kittykat

kittykat Gold Member

Start Weight:
    29st0lb
    Diet:
    exante
    the new KFC advert bbq chicken bits mmmmm makes me wanna go out and buy em arghhhhhhh:mad:

11. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Cillit Bang.....nough said....

12. Wiccan Witch

Wiccan Witch Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    The Sheila's Wheel's one - I hate that advert with a passion!

13. AmandaJayne

AmandaJayne Trainee Maintainer

I hate all the loan adverts, particularly the Picture one. They want to borrow £25,000 but will actually have to pay back about £42,000 so it'll cost them £17,000! How crazy is that!

It's a pity that money could not be spent publicising all the real debt support agencies (like Citizens Advice) who could help people manage their finances without taking out another loan. It's all free advice and support.

But no, CA is a charity and can't afford to advertise.

I also hate all adverts publicising the cr*p junk foods we should feed our kids. My daughter used to say "Aw Mum, why can't I have that in MY lunchbox?" "So and so does". "Because it's full of salt, fat and sugar darling and has no actual vitamins at all". I reply.

I work in a school and the rubbish kids bring for playtime and for lunch is shocking. They're all heart attacks in the making!

I hate advertisements about sofas. 'Nuff said.

I could go on, but I need the loo!

14. RachelA

RachelA Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    I really really hate the Specsavers ( I think) one, where the girl is in a rowing boat, all she ruddy does is pout!!!

AAAARRRRGGHHHH!!!:mad:

15. cah-ching

cah-ching Gold Member

LOL! I like that advert it makes me laugh. :D I want one of those wind up thingies

16. cah-ching

cah-ching Gold Member

LOLOLOLOLOL :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: You're quite right!

17. cah-ching

cah-ching Gold Member

agreed!

18. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    I agree with the picture one! Also match.com. But I'm too lazy to turn over.

Dizzy x

19. natayou

natayou a bit different everyday

Diet:
    cambridge
    oooooooohhhhh yes
    the loan one where she says 'josh dads found your scooter' arghhhhhhhhh
    and the calgon one where the washing machine floods the laminate floor ughh

20. Boogie Woman

Boogie Woman Full Member

Diet:
    My own healthy eating plan
    Same here! They look amazing.. :mad: :sigh: Haha. Nevermind, i'm sure anyone who tries them will be able to tell us how DISGUSTING they REALLY are! Lol.

I can't think of any adverts i really dislike but i don't watch much television anyway. I do however, LOVE the renult car ads...the ones with that French girl and English bloke...i LOVE the bloke! And my flatmate loves the girl so when it coems on we both get really excited! Haha, what lives we lead!?

21. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

I love that one too!!! :D

Positively HATE the picture loans ones, and the ones Carol Vorderman does :mad: Also currently finding the Butlins ones are doing my head in - no idea why!! :p

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.