Which adverts make you turn over?

Starlight

Gold Member
Someone mentioned the Picture Loans adverts on another thread. I hate them!!!

Theyre almost as bad as that obnoxious child who sits on the loo shouting 'Its all gone, its all gone' about the air freshner. :mad:

What other ads have people reaching for the off button :)

how strange was just gonna start this thread

yes it was me with the picture loan ad and its gotta be the fee charging debt companies too

Hi Starlight

The recent Orange network advert, with those two silly wind up thingy's walking along the road, with the really creepy version of "Let me call you Sweetheart", I absolutely hate it

I agree with you about the loan ones, I am not normally a violent person, but don't you just want to smack that fella in the face who is being filmed? - what a nurd!

my neice loves that "gorgeous" ad and sings it all the time. nowt wrong with self confidence i guess lol.

i really hate those personal injury ads. all of them. the ones where the blokey is rigged up to lie detector and the ones where the bloke falls off laddar/gets crushed by forklift/lady injuring her knee at office!

the other rubbish ones as well are the ones that last for AGES flogging CD sets that u can only buy direct. "oooo yeah i could really do with a 12 pack of all my favourite morris dancers classics. Quick! pass me the phone...theres only 12 minutes left of the ad and i might miss the number if i dont call RIGHT NOW!!!" :sigh:

Anything for sanitary towels with flipping blue water ! Women wearing flimsy white knickers and skirts that NO WAY would anyone dare to wear during their period ! :D

The antismoking one where the girl is at a wedding and everone is breathing in her smoke and the Ask frank one in the brain shop.

the new KFC advert bbq chicken bits mmmmm makes me wanna go out and buy em arghhhhhhh:mad:

Cillit Bang.....nough said....

I hate all the loan adverts, particularly the Picture one. They want to borrow £25,000 but will actually have to pay back about £42,000 so it'll cost them £17,000! How crazy is that!

It's a pity that money could not be spent publicising all the real debt support agencies (like Citizens Advice) who could help people manage their finances without taking out another loan. It's all free advice and support.

But no, CA is a charity and can't afford to advertise.

I also hate all adverts publicising the cr*p junk foods we should feed our kids. My daughter used to say "Aw Mum, why can't I have that in MY lunchbox?" "So and so does". "Because it's full of salt, fat and sugar darling and has no actual vitamins at all". I reply.

I work in a school and the rubbish kids bring for playtime and for lunch is shocking. They're all heart attacks in the making!

I hate advertisements about sofas. 'Nuff said.

I could go on, but I need the loo!

I really really hate the Specsavers ( I think) one, where the girl is in a rowing boat, all she ruddy does is pout!!!

AAAARRRRGGHHHH!!!:mad:

Hi Starlight

The recent Orange network advert, with those two silly wind up thingy's walking along the road, with the really creepy version of "Let me call you Sweetheart", I absolutely hate it

I agree with you about the loan ones, I am not normally a violent person, but don't you just want to smack that fella in the face who is being filmed? - what a nurd!

LOL! I like that advert it makes me laugh. :D I want one of those wind up thingies

Anything for sanitary towels with flipping blue water ! Women wearing flimsy white knickers and skirts that NO WAY would anyone dare to wear during their period ! :D

LOLOLOLOLOL :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: You're quite right!

I really really hate the Specsavers ( I think) one, where the girl is in a rowing boat, all she ruddy does is pout!!!

AAAARRRRGGHHHH!!!:mad:

agreed!

I agree with the picture one! Also match.com. But I'm too lazy to turn over.

Dizzy x

oooooooohhhhh yes
the loan one where she says 'josh dads found your scooter' arghhhhhhhhh
and the calgon one where the washing machine floods the laminate floor ughh

the new KFC advert bbq chicken bits mmmmm makes me wanna go out and buy em arghhhhhhh:mad:

Same here! They look amazing.. :mad: :sigh: Haha. Nevermind, i'm sure anyone who tries them will be able to tell us how DISGUSTING they REALLY are! Lol.

I can't think of any adverts i really dislike but i don't watch much television anyway. I do however, LOVE the renult car ads...the ones with that French girl and English bloke...i LOVE the bloke! And my flatmate loves the girl so when it coems on we both get really excited! Haha, what lives we lead!?

I do however, LOVE the renult car ads...the ones with that French girl and English bloke...i LOVE the bloke! And my flatmate loves the girl so when it coems on we both get really excited! Haha, what lives we lead!?

I love that one too!!! :D

Positively HATE the picture loans ones, and the ones Carol Vorderman does :mad: Also currently finding the Butlins ones are doing my head in - no idea why!! :p

Back