Which diet will you do after reaching goal

Discussion in 'Exante' started by zeldas, 1 August 2011 Social URL.

1. zeldas

zeldas Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.53%)
    Diet:
    LPT now Exante
    Hi All,

Just wondering what diet everyone plans to do when you reach your goal.

I still have a lot to lose but already thinking about how I will maintain my weight. I feel so scared that as soon as I start to eat the weight will pile back on :eek:

Not sure which is the best option SW or WW, I have done both in the past, with SW I used to take full advantage of being able to pile my plate high :eek: and with WW I used to take advantage of being able to eat & drink what ever I want :eek: .

Having said that.....that was then and this is now, and even though I am finding this diet easy, I have NOOOOO plans to ever do this type of diet again. When the weight comes off its going to stay off for good :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Crims

Crims Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(9.8%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    atkins/low carb

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  5. *jenjen*

*jenjen* I will do this...

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(15.48%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Definitely low carb. But I feel that this diet has taught me so much about myself - I acknowledge and can recognise the feelings which made me over eat/comfort eat. I know my stomach has shrunk and I now recognise feeling full - I never felt full before.

I think a way off eating after this diet will have to be healthy but I also know that using the time doing this diet working through and trying to over come the reasons for eating the way I was to get to the size I was is definitely the best way to stop me from gaining the weight I lose on this diet.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

6. txgardenia

txgardenia Full Member

I will be counting calories and making sure I don't eat too much sugar and refined carbs. That's about it.

7. fizzyfluff

fizzyfluff Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(7.47%)
    Diet:
    Juddd
    I'm thinking about rosemary connoly, as it's all about portion control, which was my down fall. Although will not be going to a wi group or anything, just doing it from home

Start 14'7. WI1, -11. WI2, -4. WI3, -2. WI4, -1.5

8. Tinkerbellarella

Tinkerbellarella overworked underpaid mum!

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(37.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World EE plan now Exante TS
    Probably back to sw for me with portion control. And the use of the myfitnesspal app o help me keep in a calorie range. Planned meals out so they can be controlled to some extent but i still want to be able to enjoy myself. I will probably include a low carb aspect into my diet after this as i feel this is a good way to go.

9. kazs2006

kazs2006 Member

Start Weight:
    10st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    exante
    think ww pro points as that works well, but doing tfr now for a quick fix lol

10. LastEverDiet

LastEverDiet Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.58%)
    Diet:
    Exante WS
    Low carb for me too! Couldn't believe how much better I felt in my first week on exante after ditching the carbs!

11. Bobbi

Bobbi Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(23.91%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Low carb for me all the way. I ditched the carbs and no longer crave them so it would be silly to eat them again.

12. fortyandfat

fortyandfat is crazy

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.98%)
    Diet:
    exante
    i got to goal and managed to maintain for a while with sensible eating. my big mistake was not weighing myself and when i got back off holiday i jumped on the scales for the first time in a couple of months and found i was over a stone up.
    this time when i reach my goal i am going to make sure i weigh myself at least once a week and hope to try and stay within 3lbs of my goal.
    so now i am back on exante trying to lose the gain i should never have gained.
    i 'think' i have learnt my lesson ;)

13. DappyMare

DappyMare Girl on a mission

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I was thinking of going back to ww but have decided after doing a tfr diet I'm never getting this big again and sick of diets, so sensible eating and weekly weigh in's so i know before the trouble starts:D

14. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'm with you on that

15. Princess_Ames

Princess_Ames SW Junkie!

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    No diet. Just a healthy way of life. I will avoid carbs as much as possible but that's mainly for my PCOS.

Carbs do NOT like me.

16. slim1day

slim1day Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slim n Save
    I'm a long way off of target but, I was thinking of using something like diet chef as it would start to re-introduce food but with portion control (thats my biggest downfall)and still remain nutritionally balanced but with few more calories,its about 1200 but if you allow for some milk for tea and coffee and a few extra veggies it would probably be about 1500ish.

17. FB1

FB1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    Believe me I'm a long way off this but, I'm thinking Low carb/atkins Monday - Friday. Weekends eat whatever I want but try to keep to resonable portions.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. determinator

determinator Banned

I am another one that hopes not to have to 'diet ' ever again !! I have done SW enought times to know it inside out so will loosly follow their principles , avoiding too many carbs and using low GI carbs such as wholemeal pasta , brown rice , sweet potatos etc in moderation .. i think the mindset of being 'on a diet ' makes you more likely to rebel and binge .. also hoping to have some hypnotherapy to stop my binge tendencies !

20. Gemma79

Gemma79 I will do this!

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'll be following a low fat, 5% rule diet along with my fitness pal ap to keep me on track. I really enjoyed doing this diet before and the app really helps too.

21. teetiefunk

teetiefunk Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Defo low carb...its the only way to go... I have 100% faith I can maintain and eat really amazing food x

22. mambo69cat

mambo69cat Full Member

Healthy eating definitely, watching the carbs and switching to wholmeal versions of products. I do Exante for a month, loose just over and stone and then healthy eat for a month (loose about 3 or 4 lbs) and then back on Exante for a month to shift another stone. That seems to work for me. It helps me to stick to the TS as I know its only for 28 days at a time!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.