Who ate all the (Cherry) Pies???

Hiya Cherry

How you doing girlie, are you busy doing your costume? What is Mr Pie going to be, he obviously doesn't want to be a pup lol

Anyhoo hope you are keeping well Cherry, catch up with you soon xx Boo xx

Hiya Boo, hows it going?

Re fancy dress and Mr Pie, he's going to be BORING!!! He hates all the dressing up, he's happier to just blend in bless him! I on the other hand love the whole process of planning, shopping, creating and showcasing! Its providing a welcome distraction from the madness that is the office this week!

WI for me today and it was a loss but only just - one stubborn pound!!! Gotta keep going, there must be a whoosh in there somewhere!!! Plan for the week is water, speed food - and maybe a few scan bran...

Todays food: Green plan

B - a disgraceful nothing but a cup of tea between getting up at 6.00 and stopping for lunch at 1.30! Meetings got in the way unfortunately. Must try harder!

L - small tin of tuna (HEB), sweetcorn, pasta, el mayo (1.5), quark; strawberries, raspberries, ww yogurt

S - apple, mini brownie (5)

D - small chicken breast (HEB), mush, onion, curry paste (5), rice, actifry chips
Bag of mini party rings (5.5)

HEA - milk in tea

Syns: 17

Last edited:
Thank Crunchie its Friday! Although next week looks set to be even busier - this is going to be a hard summer!

I really fancy something sweet this evening, but not sure what? I have a B choice left so might have a bowl of porridge with some berries and sweetner - sweet but on plan and filling too!

Food plan today: EE

B - a pear

L - pasta, bacon, sweetcorn and philly light (HEA); apple, pear, strawberries, raspberries, ww yogurt

S - apple

D - 2 free sausages (local butcher, SW approved, v good!), cabbage, pots and onions masehed together as colcannon, bisto gravy (3)

milk in teas (4)

Didn't have the porridge in the end, settled for a fibre plus bar instead!

Syns: 7

Weekly syns: 24 (2 days)

Last edited:
Hiya Cherry

Yes indeedy thank crunchie its Friday, don't ya just love the weekends! I know I do.

And congrats on your weight loss this week, a pound will add up girlie, so your getting there. Have a great evening and I'll catch up with you soon Boo xx

Where did the sun go?! It was out while I was shopping, get home at its replaced by rain! Once again its a BBQ dilema....

Todays food - red day

B - couple of slices of deli ham (odd choice I know but I was out early and it was this or give into all the bacon and sausages that the deli was trying to tempt us all in with!)

L - well we did manage a BBQ but had to put the umbrella up mid way! Spicy chicken, pork loin steak, salad (1/2 HEB used in olive oil for dressing), 42g lf cheddar (HEA)

D - spicy salmon, salad, 75h wm roll (1 1/2 HEB)

Saturday evening syns - small bar of dark chocolate (10), 2 glasses of red wine (12) - total 22
weekly total: 46 (3 days) - even though they were high today, only one over for the week to date so it should still balance out!

Last edited:
Afternoon Mrs

Well done on your loss :happy096:... It really amazes me how you continue to lose even when you are running all over the place, you really should be proud of yourself :worthy:

Oooooh fancy dress has always been my idea of hell -in fact when I think of it I have never worn fancy dress..... now the sis I lost -well any excuse and she was in fancy dress :p ....and some of the get up she went out in :eek::rotflmao:. Bless her she inherited our dads "don't give a cr*p atitude" -I got our mums "oooh no don't draw attention to me" attitude instead -although as Im getting smaller I am developing more of a "don't care" approach to what other people think :happy036:.
I think we might have pinched the sun -sorry- its glorious here, but you can have it back if you like as Im staying indoors anyway ;)
Hope you are having a lovely weekend -and getting some rest and relaxation in...
talk soon :D

Where did the sun go?! It was out while I was shopping, get home at its replaced by rain! Once again its a BBQ dilema....

Lol Cherry it ain't here, its been raining on and off all day! Hope you get to have your bbq today, have a great day whatever you do, Catch up with you later Boo xx

Good morning ladies, happy Sunday! I hope you're having a fab weekend? Fancy dress is beginning to take over here and the living room vaguely resembles a panto set! The downside of being able to sew is that people turn up with requests. Last week it was seriously cute dance outfits for my neice and this week its cruella devil, numerous dwarves and a snow white!! Meanwhile my bedroom curtains remain hemmed up with wondaweb lol!!! Capricorn, I love to dress up, any excuse and I'm first one in there! It comes from my very talented and creative mum. Sadly I'm all imagination and less talent, but give it an hour and we'll be too tipsy to notice!! OH on the other hand would rather blend in and observe the rest of us making t*ts of ourselves! We have the perfect solution for him this time though - he is a budding photographer so is going to be the party paparazzi for the night. I can then do a big montage for the birthday boy so original gift sorted there too!

I think the weather will determine that today is a an indoors kind of day, so apart from taking the dogs out I think its a pot of tea, bit of work, bit of pottering and that'll be me done.

Food plan: red day

B - 1/2 gammon steak, poached egg (courtesy of Boo's fab clingfilm tip - TY!!), tinned toms

L - lamb, asparagus, new pots (HEB), salad

D - not sure yet... perhaps a tuna salad? With a HEA of grated cheese...and a HEB jacket pot? Could be a plan!

Have a fab day whatever you are up to xxx

Edit:

Food plan was turned upsidedown:

B - tin of tuna (don't ask, it was a bizarre post dog walk craving!)

L - asparagus, new pots (HEB), lamb, splash of gravy (2)
cornetto (7)

D - gammon steak, poached egg, tinned toms, 2 small wm toast (HEB)

HEA - milk in tea

Daily syns: 9
Weekly syns: 55 (4 days)

Last edited:
Hiya Cherry

I can just imagine your living room filled up with fancy dress cozzies! I'm absolutely rubbish at sewing so nobody asks me to do anything, horrah! :D I once sew a button on going through and round the button!!! When I was at school we had to do needlework but I conveniently 'lost' my gingham apron! :D:D:D hehe!

Hope your day is going well, it certainly sounds it! Catch up with you later Boo xx

Hey Cherry

Just popping by to say hello, how did the sewing go yesterday? Catch up with you later Boo xx

I hated sewing in school too, and cooking, although I love both now! School just made them both so dull!!! I went off and did metal work and wood work with the boys instead - not sure if that was rebellion or just the lure of boys!! Nowadays I have a real blue peter streak in me - I'm happiest with a needle and cotton or even better some glitter and glue! Not sure how I ended up in an office 12 hours a day though!!! I'll post some pics on the weekend - when the costumes are in action (and I've had a little vodka!!)

Tonnes of work on at the mo, didn't stop all day and taking on new things too but nonetheless it was a good day! Good day food-wise too:

EE day

B - 2 hard boiled eggs, apple

L - wm roll (HEB), ham, salad, strawberries, raspberries, ww yogurt

D - curry made from chicken, pots, onions, spinach and tomatos, rice

Cookie - 10 syns

HEA - milk in tea

Daily syns: 10
Weekly syns: 65 (day 5)

Last edited:
Another long day here so just a quick food update. Mr Pie is being so good at the moment, really supportive, packing my lunch and making my tea while ensuring all are on plan!

I have a few significant events coming up soon starting with the party on Friday and the second of our work's leaving do's on July 1st. I'd like to fully enjoy both and plan to flexi syn both events. However, including today this still leaves 16 full days that I can be 100% on plan. For me this feels like mental progress as in the 'old' days I'd have starting winding down diet wise for friday from about today onwards and probably wouldn't get back on track until a few days after the second night out in July - afterall, what would have been the point? Now though my head is in a much better place and these 16 days can mean weight off, not on!

Food plan today: Red

B - 1/2 pot cottage cheese (See, I am trying with breakfast, even if it does just mean eating something from my lunch!)

L - other 1/2 of the pot of cottage cheese, turkey slices, strawberries, raspberries, ww yogurt

D - Cooked breakfast - 2 syn free sausages, 2 bacon, 2 eggs, mushrooms, tinned toms, potato (HEB) and onion in the actifry

HEA - milk in tea
HEB2 - fibre plus bar

Syns: 0
Weekly syns: 65 (day 6)

Hiya Cherry

Its great when your in the 'zone' isn't it. Glad Mr Pie is helping you, I'll have to get Mr Boo to do my packed lunch, hehehe yes that sounds very good!

Mr Boo has just made a scan bran, curley wurley cake, it smells delicious and only 12 syns for the whole cake! Can't wait to eat some tomorrow! Anyhoo have a relaxing night and I'll catch up with you later Boo xx

Hiya Cherry

Just popping by to see how your doing, btw that scan bran curley wurley cake was disgusting lol Boo xx

Boo, I just read your first post thinking 'mmmmm that sounds lovely, must ask for the recipe' and then 'ah, maybe not' as I read the second! Sorry it was so disapointing, particularly when it smelt so good!

I have successfully made and enjoyed two SW cake recipes - the spanish orange cake (which is topped with this jaffa cake jelly type sauce, mmmm!) and Britmom's squidgy chocolate cake. Both are low syns and both could be served to company - always the ultimate cake test!!! Both recipes are on here but if you're stuck shout and I'll post them!
If it was specifically the 'special effects' of scan bran that you desired (!!) then I did make a SB cake with mincemeat and black treacle in (also added some ginger powder for omph) which tasted good - a cross between a tea loaf and a steamed pudding!
Avoid the old cous cous cake at all costs though, lures you in with great promise and never fails to disapoint!!!

Crazy work day again - its starting too feel like groundhog day!!!

Good food-wise though:

Red day

B - fibre plus bar (HEB)

L - quiche made with 2 eggs, 1/2 pot cottage cheese and bacon; mango, strawberries, apple

D - curry made with beef, onions, mushooms, tinned toms and spices with 225g jacket pot (HEB)

HEA - milk in tea

packet of mini biscuits (6)

Daily syns: 6
Weekly syns: 71 (last day of weighing week!!)

WI tomorrow - I wanna good one!!!

Boo, I just read your first post thinking 'mmmmm that sounds lovely, must ask for the recipe' and then 'ah, maybe not' as I read the second! Sorry it was so disapointing, particularly when it smelt so good!

I have successfully made and enjoyed two SW cake recipes - the spanish orange cake (which is topped with this jaffa cake jelly type sauce, mmmm!) and Britmom's squidgy chocolate cake. Both are low syns and both could be served to company - always the ultimate cake test!!! Both recipes are on here but if you're stuck shout and I'll post them!
If it was specifically the 'special effects' of scan bran that you desired (!!) then I did make a SB cake with mincemeat and black treacle in (also added some ginger powder for omph) which tasted good - a cross between a tea loaf and a steamed pudding!
Avoid the old cous cous cake at all costs though, lures you in with great promise and never fails to disapoint!!!

Hiya Cherry

Some of those cakes look really nice, I'll have to get Mr Boo to make them :D I am after the special effects that sb can give because I am suffering a little bit in that department :cool: lol

As for ground hog day, yes I'm with you on that one, its the same everyday! Anyhoo, hope your day is going well with not too many stresses, catch up with you later Boo xx

Boo, the old scan bran definately works in that dept! Alternatively Monday and Wednesday of curry has a similar effect!!! (Sorry, truely TMI!!)

I was v naughty today - I skived off work at 2.00!! No real reason other than I was reaching the point of saturation and another late night and I think I'd have lost the plot!! I spent the time sorting my wardrobe and trying on lots of clothes that fit again after several years in the 'to keep' bag - yay!!! I have a huge ironing pile now but at least the clothes are marginally smaller!!

WI today - and I lost 3lbs so v happy!!! This means I've reached 2 and a half stone off and my 10% target - happy happy happy!!! It has been so difficult in work recently and I've been kind of ratty at home too (which is why I took some me time today) but I'm glad that I haven't allowed food and stress to become best mates again, never a good combo!

Mr Pie came home tonight with a present for me - a box of mixed fish portions - 2 each of salmon, halibut, sword fish, tuna, red snapper and something else, the name of which escapes me! OK, so not so romantic but very SW friendly and hopefully tasty too! All individually vacuum packed and ready to freeze so I'd better start looking up some new recipes for fish!

Food plan today: Red

B - 2 hb eggs

L - chicken breast, salad, strawberries, yogurt, apple

S - 20g chocolate (5)

D - pork, actifry roast pots (HEB x2), cabbage, gravy (5)

S - mini bag of cookies (6)
HEA - milk in tea

Syns: 16

I doubt I'll be on tomorrow but I'll be back to catch up on Saturday xxx

Back