who is fasting today ????

Me too your gratin sounds gorgeous

Fasting for me today but will allow myself 600 cals as have had a 500 followed by 1000 and working out a lot and tomorrow is definitely up

Provisional plan

Strawberries for breakfast
Subway salad for lunch with cheese and sweetcorn so 230 cals approx
Tom and pepper soup

Tea x 2
Herbal teas lots

Yep, fast day for me too

Teresa, you really like those subway salads - that's good for me to remember if I'm out and need to grab something
Have a good DD. You do drinks only don't you? Too tough for me!

I'm on a down day and I'm struggling with a very rumbly tumbly, I'm persevering though so I'm drinking soooo much I'm at the loo every few mins!!!! I should never have eaten breakfast, it set me up for trouble! Anyhoooo off I go again for another cuppa... Can't wait for tea time!!!!!! I'm going to look in the fridge and decide what I'm having so that I can make sure I don't overdo the calories. Loved reading this thread, very supportive x

Today is my first fasting day and I'm at home poorly... I'm struggling. I'm rather hungry, only have 156 calories left. I may have to have 600 calories today. Please someone tell me it gets easier!x

It does, poorly never helps dieting/avoiding food!!! Keep at it x. My hungry has gone but I'm still frequenting the loo rather regularly!!! Darn you water!

It does get easier although my down day was a fail but more because I have done a down day a 1000 cal day and then attempted another down with loads of exercise and quite a bit of stress. I am not going to stress about ti as loving all the exercise I am doing thursday will be a better down day :)

I'm glad to hear it gets easier. I did a bit of exercise on the wii but because I am ill it didn't go well x

DD for me today - just gallons of herbal/green/black tea/redbush/black coffee so far!

Lunch will be a very small portion of spicy root veg soup (50 cals)

Dinner will be Sweet Asian Chicken (300) cals and I will probably add either a few noodles, rice or sweet potato wedges to it. Not tried this recipe before - have linked to the recipe book it is from in my diary, but don't want to put duplicate links to offsite in other posts in case it contravenes any forum rules. It uses honey, orange juice, soy sauce and garlic as the sauce base, and is cooked in the slow cooker, so nice and easy!

Good luck to any fellow fasters today.

Last edited:
moonwatcher said:
DD for me today - just gallons of herbal/green/black tea/redbush/black coffee so far!

Lunch will be a very small portion of spicy root veg soup (50 cals)

Dinner will be Sweet Asian Chicken (300) cals and I will probably add either a few noodles, rice or sweet potato wedges to it. Not tried this recipe before - have linked to the recipe book it is from in my diary, but don't want to put duplicate links to offsite in other posts in case it contravenes any forum rules. It uses honey, orange juice, soy sauce and garlic as the sauce base, and is cooked in the slow cooker, so nice and easy!

Good luck to any fellow fasters today.

Sounds like a good DD
Not sure about the chicken, not keen on sweet savoury dishes IYKWIM maybe without the honey :)

Hi,

Fast day for me too. Only had cups of tea so far. Been off the threads for a week whilst on holiday to Tenerife. Had a lovely time and it was great to see sunshine but have managed to bring a cold back with me so feeling rough today. I will weigh in tomorrow and find out the bad news on the holiday damage. We did a lot of walking and it was very hilly so hoping that will have helped to minimise the impact of too much lager!

Food plan for today is lunch of 1/2 tin beans on 1 slice of toast and ham salad for tea. Low cal hot chocolate to finish the day.

I hope everyone else has a good fast day. :)

Struggling again today :-( plumber chaos at work and no heat / water . Have to stay in for a few hours as the little one is exhausted and needs a decent nap . Went to get my subway salad and the shop had closed :-( was 10 miles to a different one and didn't want munchkin to sleep in the car again .

Got some veggies to roast and had those with a tiny bit of left over chicken breast

I am finally getting in a proper dd today planned 3 low cal hot chocs and Amy's veg lasagne for tea have a sf jelly for bedtime yum! Pretty much bang on 500 for the day :)

Struggling again today :-( plumber chaos at work and no heat / water . Have to stay in for a few hours as the little one is exhausted and needs a decent nap . Went to get my subway salad and the shop had closed :-( was 10 miles to a different one and didn't want munchkin to sleep in the car again .

Got some veggies to roast and had those with a tiny bit of left over chicken breast

Well done on resisting the urge to get something high in cals. Chicken and veg sounds very healthy and low cal. It will be worth it if you can stick with it.

Well done on sticking with it anyway.

Back