who is fasting today ????

I am today. I have been doing 5:2 for a few weeks now and normally find fast days ok but today I already feel peckish and its only mid morning. I will try and not eat my main calories until about 8pm (I will just have a coffee now and later a miso soup till then). Tea tonight is quorn taco's with salad leaving enough cals for ww hot choc before bed.

Fasting today...good luck to al to others. must say im amazed.....1st week and have lost 7lbs x

Wow well done hun :) x

I've had to abandon my fast as having a pain flare up so needed my naproxen - makes me ill on a fast day :( have to fast later in the week

Sorry your in pain Love. Hope the painkillers sort it out soon.

Doing an inbetween day today. Not eaten so far, lets see how we go x

Carrot....where abouts in west yorks ru? X

Thanks carrot - not sure pigging out on sweets was good :(

For the first time in ages I broke my fast last night with sweets. Naughty us. Just means I have to do it all over again today! Can't wait til tea time - then will go straight to bed so it can't happen again!

For the first time in ages I broke my fast last night with sweets. Naughty us. Just means I have to do it all over again today! Can't wait til tea time - then will go straight to bed so it can't happen again!

I'm going to try and fast tomorrow - see if I can cope without the anti-inflammatories - I know I should stop fasting but that's making me miserable and making me eat - come too far to lose it now!!

I'll be fasting tomorrow as well hun. Isn't there anything other than anti-inflammatories that you could take? Or failing that ask your gp for something to combat the stomach problems. I suffer from excess stomach acid and even before i was put on painkillers i had to take 30mg lanzoprazole everyday. Might be worth asking about?

Fast today and boy do I need it. Major binge last night after couple of drinks so I will fast today and do an extra fast on Friday to make up for it. Stomach feels bloated and yukky so I doubt I will feel hungry today at least.

Fast day for me today. Had a banana and coffee for break is. Am hungry so will have a coffee and and another banana for lunch. Salad for tea then early bed!!!!

Last edited:
Well so far my fast today has gone over by 70 cals and feel guilty about that :(. Do any of you mind if you go over?

I have had today:
black coffee for breakfast.

Asda diet veg cuppa soup for dinner.

Mushrooms and red onions dryfried with 100g weight watchers garlic&herb cheese spread for the sauce with zero fettuccine

and now had tin of sainsburys good for you tomato soup as I have felt ill all day and had sore throat &we all know tomato soup helpes anyone feel better.

Last edited:
I'll be fasting tomorrow as well hun. Isn't there anything other than anti-inflammatories that you could take? Or failing that ask your gp for something to combat the stomach problems. I suffer from excess stomach acid and even before i was put on painkillers i had to take 30mg lanzoprazole everyday. Might be worth asking about?

I remembered I've got some lanzoprazole - took one yesterday. I've fasted today and managed with no medication - sore but flare up subsiding - I've eaten rubbish for two days though!!!

Well so far my fast today has gone over by 70 cals and feel guilty about that :(. Do any of you mind if you go over?

I have had today:

Mushrooms and red onions dryfried with 100g weight watchers garlic&herb cheese spread for the sauce with zero fettuccine

and now had tin of sainsburys good for you tomato soup as I have felt ill all day and had sore throat &we all know tomato soup helpes anyone feel better.

It's only 70cals hun. No big deal at all :)

I remembered I've got some lanzoprazole - took one yesterday. I've fasted today and managed with no medication - sore but flare up subsiding - I've eaten rubbish for two days though!!!

Don't worry about the rubbish eating over the last couple of days. Its not a regular thing. How long to you get weighed?

I have had today:

Pi wouldn't worry at all about it! It's no biggie! But FYI.....the cuppa soups tend to have 70-159 kcals in them....m and s fresh soups are way more filling and are 70-100 kcals for a cup of fresh lovleyness.....chunks and all! X

I am not weighing myself atm..I am going off how I feel which is full of energy and the fact clothes that were too tight or didn't fit are now having to have a belt or they will fall of me.

I always make fresh soup but I was waiting for a delivery of fresh veg which came today. I am a vegetarian. .any others out there doing this diet?

Okay then so after 3 fasts this week, walking for exercise everyday and being quite ill last night due to the headache i had turning into a migraine. I've STS this week. Think i'll stick to 2 fasts next week.

If you're fasting today good luck x

Just catching up

Hope you weren't too disappointed, these things happen sometimes

Hope the migraine cleared quickly, I empathise

Fast tomorrow although not looking forward with it being a Friday which I class as weekend and normally have some booze & nibbles. Time to sort out my meals. I have fridge bulging with salad & veg so thinking of hm ratatouille with something...maybe zero fettuccine for tea.

Good luck anyone fasting with me tomorrow.

Back