who is fasting today ????

And tomorrow I will have all sorts of veg stir fried into an egg... tonight I have curry :)

I'm fasting today!! Feeling hungry already ARGHH hopefully it will be a busy day at work.

Fasting today, have eaten nothing up until now. Will have an egg with nimble bread for lunch. Really like the sound of a veggie curry for dinner. Anyone have a low cal recipe ? Thanks

Veggie curry the easy way? OK.

Pick your veg, no potatoes, lots of broccoli, a large cauli, 2 tin of toms, 2 tin of chickpeas or beans, loads of green beans, etc. Cheat with a whole bottle of Patak's curry PASTE not the sauce. You can make it quite a dry curry so you don't feel the need to add bread to mop up the sauce.

I was really surprised when I looked at the Patak's paste, 750ish kcals for the whole jar but, if once it is all made up you still only get about 240kcals per meal if you make it into 8 meals, which one jar should do.

Obviously the jar will keep in the fridge, you just use a table spoon(ish) 35g for one meal at a time. But I have a big stock pot, so I make it all up and freeze it back.

And I am Downing today.

2 cups of black coffee, 5 cups of rooibus tea, an almond biscotti, tuna mayo on ryvita and half a bottle of beer - 432kcals all in.

So far I've had the coffee and the biscotti... I'll have the tuna for tea.

Yeah recipe above sounds good. I sometimes do one with any veg left (broccolio, cauli, mushrooms, courgette, onions say 100-150 cals worth) and 1/2 tin of toms usually 44 cals. Just use a smidgen of oil to fry a tsp of your preferred curry powder, then soften the veg in it, add the tinned toms to make it saucy and depending on your cal count can have a spoonful of cottage cheese of 0% yog on top. YUM :D I usually have on a bed of baby spinach on a DD but you could make cauliflower rice if you can be bothered or have a small portion of curry and a low cal mini naan perhaps? Also I find the tilda packaged rice quite handy for calorie control on a fast day!

I'm doing ok not feeling too peckish yet, had a cup of tea, water, a special k bar (95 cal) and a diet coke so far today. Not sure what I'll have this evening but I have a big head of broccoli so I may just have that with a bit of chicken or some prawns and a hot choc for pudding. ROLL ON TOMORROW :D

I'm fasting today as well stripedsocks.

I'm not too hungry as I ate a lot yesterday. So far, I've had two bacon medallions, half a tomato and six mushrooms, all dried fried in the pan together. I've made the mega low calorie delicious shepherds pie for dinner and got ahead of myself and made a fish curry for tomorrow nights tea as well.

I'm ready for a wee snooze on the settee now lol

Don't struggle :(

Do you have anything strong tasting? I use miso soup but marmite/bovril/oxo work quite well - about 20kcals per cup.

I'm fasting today after a VERY foodfilled weekend. Feeling fine at the moment but hoping the day whizzes by as in a grumpy Monday mood!

I've nearly finished my 24 hour fast, looking forward to some scrambled eggs and kale for dinner.

Do you fast Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays stripedsocks? If so, when do you weigh in?

Fasting today. Nada for breakfast. A coffee at lunch. Then 1/2 a covent garden soup for dinner with some veg on the side if I need it. I find Wednesday fasts really hard, so wish me luck!

Good luck everyone, I'm on my 2nd fast of the week, gotta love what it's doing for my food bills lol!

Oop! I think I made an Ollox of that!

Was Downing, got chatting about results day tomorrow, went to a meeting, they supplied lunch. I ate it!

Ah well. Firts week back at work was always bound to be a bit iffy. As tomorrow is results day I have a pretty good chance of getting no lunch, so I'll call it Medims x 2 and move on! Ah, that'll be Medium x 3, cos Friday always is a bit too high to be a real Downer!

And I don't even feel guilty - the joys of JUDDD :D

I do indeed, sometimes Sunday is an ID though! I weigh in on Friday mornings before my 2 UDs in a row :)

Yeah, I think that is the best idea. I was gutted that I was 0.7lb up on Monday...even after a DD on Sunday :(

How many cals do you have on a ID?

Back