who is fasting today ????

Ok after rereading my juddd diary from last year I have renewed my enthusiasm for juddd after a few weeks on 5/2 which is going ok but with a big holiday and big birthday coming up I want faster weight loss.

But also realised checking here a lot helped too, but this board has slowed down no end but I know the only way to get even a chance of it being active is to be active myself .

So going to post as often as possible :)

Fast day today

Horrid cold only a cup of tea so far

Will have Tom soup soon
Maybe fruit and yoghurt
Dinner will be veg / parsnips and gravy or more soup

Hi Derbynanny.

I haven't posted for a while. I was posting on another 5:2 thread but was mostly talking to myself! I did a fast yesterday, but ended up about 1000 calories because I was so hungry. Hopefully the next one will be better. I need to try to be more sensible on up days since that's what undoes my fast days.

Hope you have a good fast day.

Denise :)

Hi Denise .

I know what you mean about up days although having reread my whole diary I did my best doing alternate day fasting and eating whatever I fancied on up days . ( which always means lots if chocolate )

Today's fast day has been

1 mug of tea with skimmed milk hubby made it so not measured 20 cals ?

1 bowl of Tom and pepper soup 75

Soon to have one lemsip and lie down

I'm fasting today.
Home made soup/d Pepsi and coffee.
Off to a school board meeting-which I can see far enough-but will keep my nose out of snacks!

Gonna try my 3rd fast (did Monday too) tomorrow. First time tried a doubler but I'm always a fat fail if I try to DD at weekend.

G x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Can I join in and chat here? I'm not judding at the moment but I'm doing 16:8 (from fast, eat, slim book) and I love it! I was beginning to dread down days and binge the day before which is why I decided to try something new. I know I've lost weight, but not sure how much because my weigh in day is Monday. My scales said 4lbs down yesterday, but given daily fluctuations and that I eat more on the weekend anyway, I'm waiting until Monday to believe it!

No - I dont want to calorie count, but as a binge- eater, I have been surprised by how relaxed this way of eating is making me feel. It's still v early days and weekends tend to be my worst time, but I've eaten some of my trigger foods and then just stopped, no problem. So I have high hopes for this. I was v sceptical at first, because I know how much I can put away in a few hours! But I think eating big portions means I don't snack, and don't think about food so much (small portions tend to make me obsess - am I hungry, should I eat something etc). I'm keeping a diary in the weight loss diaries section if you want to see what I'm eating, timings etc. but I'm generally eating between 11-7 mon-thurs, and 12-8 or 1-9 fri-sun to allow for a larger evening meal out / with family.

Im so impressed that you're all sticking so well to your fasting days - kudos!

Can I join in and chat here? I'm not judding at the moment but I'm doing 16:8 (from fast, eat, slim book) and I love it! I was beginning to dread down days and binge the day before which is why I decided to try something new. I know I've lost weight, but not sure how much because my weigh in day is Monday. My scales said 4lbs down yesterday, but given daily fluctuations and that I eat more on the weekend anyway, I'm waiting until Monday to believe it!

Hello and welcome!

I tried 16:8 but I was still eating too many calories. I think the trick is to find something that works for you personally, and it's great if 16:8 works for you. I'm doing fast days but only a couple a week at the moment, mainly because of fitting around family (that's my excuse anyway). :)

Looks like I might be doing an unplanned dd as feel poorly and have no appetite . So might just take advantage of it and fast

Sounds like a good plan. If you're feeling bad at least you can feel it's benefiting you in some way. Best get lots of rest if you possibly can. I'm fasting tomorrow. x

Another dd done :) taking advantage of being poorly has helped me

Well done. My turn today. On first decaf tea of the day. Will last as long as I can without food then have some porridge oats. Later it will be WW curry. Going to try to get a run in today too and burn some extra calories.

I hope you're feeling a bit better today. :)

Well today has been a fast day today, first one for a while!! Got a bit of a head but I know it will be worth it in the long run. Im going to do alternate days as much as possible as that seemed to work better for me before. Actually looking forward in a very warped way to weighing in tomorrow....at least that should be the most I will ever weigh and from tomorrow it should start coming off!!

Take care all..xxx

Well, I managed to survive yesterday's fast. Weigh in this morning was 1lb down. Hooray! Hope everyone else is having a good day. :)

Back