Who's 5'3" and what's your target?

What an interesting thread.....

The thing i have noticed is that people see a certain weight as 'ideal' then when they get there they still think they look chubby.

Admittedly, maybe wrong, I chose my target as 120lbs and im just under 5"4 because iv yo-yo'd for so long that i figured that if i was definitely 120lbs, I could stop beating myself up despite what i saw in the mirror.

Im comfortable at the weight i am now, happy even....in fact I love it! BUT, i ask myself, is this coz it is new? And will I need to reach a new low weight to feel like this?

Sorry to bring it down :) Good luck to everybody with their journeys

Miss Q - this is definitely something i've thought about - if I ever DID get to the elusive 10 stone, would I want to keep going, to see if I could lose even more? To see the scales say 'nine stone something' - to actually SEE single digits on that scale?

Now THAT would be incredible.

Thank you Vixxter, exactly.....is it the size we are that is pleasing us? Or the fact that we are losing weight? Can we do it more? We've been taught that being lighter from our original weight would make us look/feel better...so what if we did it some more?

Slippery slope I must say. But alas ('alas' isn't used enough!), we are women (mostly) we weren't born to be happy with our bodies, hence why they are used for child bearing etc :p

Miss Q - this is definitely something i've thought about - if I ever DID get to the elusive 10 stone, would I want to keep going, to see if I could lose even more? To see the scales say 'nine stone something' - to actually SEE single digits on that scale?

Now THAT would be incredible.

On another note (wow, im really getting on this!) - a fairly recent thread asked what we were mostly motivated by....the weight on the scales, our dress size or bmi scale...

9/10 people said the weight on the scales - probably the harshest of all measurements yet the one that gives us the most satisfaction.

sorry, im deviating.......being under 5"4 rules!!!

them childbearings can hence off, alas! :p I have the hips already, don't want the kids too!!!

I do think it's possible to get obsessed with losing weight as it is possible to get obsessed with eating food. Finding that healthy balance is so difficult, which is why i find SW such a good plan. No starving, no cutting out food groups, just good healthy hearty food. Learning to have a good relationship with food is just as important as losing the weight. That way you learn how to live thin!

Im 5 ' 7 and would ideally like to be around 11st 7, or until I get into a size 12 and get rid of my baby belly!!!!! It all depends which I get 2 first and how I feel when I get there, good luck everyone xxxxx

I'm between 5.2 / 5.3. I 've got down from 11.9 to 10.7 since Feb and do feel great, but would like to get below 10 (again to see that 9 stone something would be wonderful!!). This is why I joined SW as wanted a change from WW (which is how I lost the initial weight). I don't think it's just a numbers thing though, I can see I still need to lose some more. Also to give myself a bit bigger safety net (11 stone seems to close for comfort for me!)

them childbearings can hence off, alas! :p I have the hips already, don't want the kids too!!!

I do think it's possible to get obsessed with losing weight as it is possible to get obsessed with eating food. Finding that healthy balance is so difficult, which is why i find SW such a good plan. No starving, no cutting out food groups, just good healthy hearty food. Learning to have a good relationship with food is just as important as losing the weight. That way you learn how to live thin!

Back to Vixxter again because she is on the money tonight! Would like to say at this opportunity how much SW has blown everything out the water and has changed my whole attitude to eating and my body image.

Thank you! And thanks to everyone on here who is so unrelentlessly supportive despite your own challenges or struggles.

Blimmin heck, Miss Q is sentimental tonight.....

I am 54, 5ft. 2 started off at 10st 7 and am now 7st 12.5 lbs. I was classed as being overweight.
I remember when I was 9st. 0 my friend said to me it will be harder to lose any more, due to our ages and I thought you are talking utter rubbish.

Well I have proved her wrong, I am now 7st 12.5lb, my cholesterol has gone down (yippee) from 5.1 to 4.9 and I don't look gaunt at all and no loose skin. Although I think if i had been anymore heavier I think I would have had loose skin.

I'm 5'3" and, whilst I haven't set a definite target, I'm probably aiming between 8st 10 and 9st. This would take me to a size 10-12 based on being that weight previously. I'm currently 10st 11 and a size 16.

I'm 5'3" and, whilst I haven't set a definite target, I'm probably aiming between 8st 10 and 9st. This would take me to a size 10-12 based on being that weight previously. I'm currently 10st 11 and a size 16.

Hi Kerry, quick question, do you exercise??? you're only a few lbs heavier than me and I'm a size 10 ... a 16 would fall off me.

Perhaps a few aerobic classes or dvd's may help you (if you're not already doing some that is). It certainly sounds as if you just need to tone a bit more.

HTH

Hi Kerry, quick question, do you exercise??? you're only a few lbs heavier than me and I'm a size 10 ... a 16 would fall off me.

Perhaps a few aerobic classes or dvd's may help you (if you're not already doing some that is). It certainly sounds as if you just need to tone a bit more.

HTH

I'm not exercising much at the moment but I'm not sure if that's the thing with me. Even when I was exercising regularly, to be a size 10 I had to be under 9st. I should probably be doing more regardless though.

I just always seem to find that I'm much bigger for my weight than other people of the same height. My big boobs probably don't help :p

helloooooo I am 5ft 2in. I am 12st3 and a size 16....my goal is 10st would love to be size 12..........size 10 would be fantastic!!

I'm 5ft 3.5 and my target is 10stone, I feel pretty good at this weight and can (just) maintain it! My BMI is only just in the healthy range so I guess I could really do with another half stone off but I don't want to make life hard for myself. I love my food and if I can continue to maintain then I doubt I will change my target ever.

Thing is though, at 10st3 (my top allowed weight) I feel really chunky and at 9st 12.5 (my lowest ever) I feel wonderful, that few pounds makes a big difference.

I'm not too worried about the BMI thing, I've done the hard work - sadly it hasn't brought my cholesterol or BP down but hey ho, there's not much more I can do!

You look soooooooo slim at 10st Stacey, look at those collar bones! You will know when you get there if you are happy hun. xx

I'm not exercising much at the moment but I'm not sure if that's the thing with me. Even when I was exercising regularly, to be a size 10 I had to be under 9st. I should probably be doing more regardless though.

I just always seem to find that I'm much bigger for my weight than other people of the same height. My big boobs probably don't help :p

:eek: How big are they???? :eek: :jelous: :rotflmao:

It just goes to show how everyone is made up differently! I'm going to wait and see how I feel around 10st 5lb and make up my mind then. I kind of think, oooh I'd like to get to 10.3 as that'll be an even 100lb off then I think well I might as well go for 10 and then I think well if I'm doing that why not go for 9.10 and then have that 3lb cushion and still be under 10st.

It never stops. At this rate my target will be 6st!!! LOL!

I'm sometimes the WI lady for our group and I'm amazed at how differently we all carry weight. Some people stand on the scales and I'm thinking their super slim but when I see their weight I'm shocked at how heavy they are and the reverse is also true, others that appear 'overweight' are actually quite light in comparison. I think it's a case of whats right for you. Ignore the charts etc. everyone is an individual.

Back