Why are people so secular ?

pandora

finding my way again !
when this forum is for people wanting to lose weight, however we choose to do it & the reason we come here is for support, do people stick to the threads specifically aimed at the plan they are following, whether it be CD, LL, WW etc.
i started out on CD, dabbled with IE & JUDD & am now doing WW.
My diary is in the "weight loss diaries" section, because that is what i am doing, yet it seems to be the few faithful who visit me.
Admitedly i am not a big poster, but if a title catches my eye & i have something to say, i will do regardless of which section its in, yet quite often you find CD'ers only post in CD section & WW'ers only post in their section etc.
Why, were all her for the same reason & we all need suport at one time or another ?
xx

I'm like you cheryl and crash everyone's threads whether I'm doing that particular plan or not. Usually, I don't even look to see what forum it's on ... if the thread title 'calls' then I'll dive straight on in!

If it's someone asking for support on WW (which I'm not following) I can still say hang on in there - even if I can't advise on the actual plan.
Admittedly, there are so many posts every day, I can't reply to them all and I know some people 'lurk' for whatever reason - I think in general, 10% of readers actually reply on ANY thread. But I absolutely get where you're coming from.

yet quite often you find CD'ers only post in CD section & WW'ers only post in their section etc.
Why, were all her for the same reason & we all need suport at one time or another ?
xx

Yep. Confuses me too. Especially when someone does see something in another section and reposts it in the diet 'room' of their choice. I always assume everyone roams around, but they obviously don't.

It's almost as if people see it as many different forum websites IYKWIM.

So come on folks. Be brave and press 'new posts' and let everyone learn from each other :clap:

Like htpink, I never notice where posts are as I always use the 'New Posts' link and go through any that come up under that.

I think you mean insular, not secular ;)

I just check "new threads" - it's interesting to see what people are posting all over the forums.

I tend to check the new posts and rarely notice which forum they are in. I tend to keep a special interest in people I have talked to since I joined, like RD, Karion, Pandora, Kandie, Irene etc..

Minimins has now got so large it is sometimes quite hard to track down a thread/post you are looking out for and most of us are random posters. Some every day, some every week, some hardly at all.

Whatever way folk choose, I am just glad to be on board with such a, generally(!), nice bunch of people.

Love

I guess the separate sections for individual diets - allow a place for a particular question - exclusive to a certain weight loss plan - to be posted and asked.....???

I dunno - was the only thing I could think of!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I tend read posts from ALL over Minimins. However I don't post on all forums. Sometimes I fear being rejected on account of "not following the diet so what the hell do you know?!!" kinda thing. However I haven't experienced that attitude yet. In fact even the VLCD's can be insular to a degree even though fundamentally they are all the same diet ..!

I do venture to post on other forums when the mood takes me though or it's a discussion I feel passionate about.

So:
reading - I read everything!
posting- a bit more considered.

hths

I post across all forums if I think I have something useful/helpful to say - problem is - if someone doesn't like the support/advice/help they can attack your diet and make it into a "this diet is better than your diet" thing - which I don't really want to get involved in. We all make our own choices according to which diet works best for us - its not a competition!

I post across all forums if I think I have something useful/helpful to say - problem is - if someone doesn't like the support/advice/help they can attack your diet and make it into a "this diet is better than your diet" thing -

I think that is really rare here. I really like to think so anyway. The majority of posters go out of their way to support people on other diets and when threads go into which diet is better, I notice that people are usually very careful and though will mention their experiences, they usually add the positives of the other diet aswell.

Anyway, I find this thread quite amusing as the people who stick to their own little rooms aren't going to see this. The exact same people that need to see thread, will be the only ones that don't.;)

I'll openly admit that I post on lots of forums. However I've just been flamed for suggesting that all diets work and everyone in the dieting industry is out to make money regardless of what diet /eating plan they support. Possibly my tone was (unintentially) derisory, depending upon how one chooses to interpret my words.

I was accused of personal attacking. I don't personally attack anyone on the forum - it's an open forum, which ultimately is for support, but also for questioning. If someone posts for support then support should be offered. If a thread has been started as a debate ..... then it should be treated as such. We're all adults ......

I always check my subscribed threads first and then check the new posts.
There isn't a particular forum I stick to, I roam around and be nosey!
I often start to reply and then cancel it as I worry people will think I'm talking out of my backside. :eek:

talk fiona. never be afraid. you never speak out of your backside!

Back