Why aren't eggs allowed in CD SS+?

Sunflowers

Wants to be a yummy mummy
I am absolutely craving eggs like there's no tomorrow.. They are very low carb (90% protein) and are allowed on other ketotic diets and are very very good at assisting with liver cleansing, important on cd given the liver will not only be working hard with the ketosis but also breaking down all the hormones and toxins stored in the fat which is being broken down..

Anyone know?

Just a guess, but is it not becasue they are quite high in calories? A medium egg is 90 calories.

But the meals on SS are around 200 cals so 2 eggs would fit into that plus the 2 tbsp of veg...

Last edited:
wonder if it's the fat ?

One egg has around 5g of fat but i think its good fat

My CDC told me that if I wanted to SS+ I could have a chicken breast with a poached egg?!

Eggs aren't on the SS+ list though so no idea why she's telling you that. Plus chicken and egg :( Theres a joke in there somewhere.... ;)

Maybe its a binding thing. If you look at the SS+ list and the 810 list its all "light meats/proteins"

maybe its a thing with the red meats and eggs being harder to digest and making stomach problems more likely?

Pure guess though?

perhaps a CDC can advise ?

I dunno answer either but I do know that every now and again when a weak spot has hit I have been known to have the odd boiled egg and it hasnt taken me out of ketosis, but I wouldnt recommend it because it may lead to wanting other things and knock you off track but also being a daily weigher I havent lost weight the next day and with having no wind problems during SS it definitely make a smelly difference!:eek::eek::eek::eek:
xxx

This is an interesting one.. I suppose like you say the nutrtion will fit into a ss+ meal as long as that meal small as it is can be balanced by still having some greens?

x

An egg with a little side salad would be heaven..

Lunar jim, nice thought but.......

I have 1 - 2 small meals per week and do ss the rest of the time. More often than not one of my meals is an omellette. I've discussed this with my CDC and a few weeks ago she went on some additional training with CD and was part of the experts panel. She told me that CD will be introducing eggs at some time in the future although they're not on the list at the moment. I think the problem could be the amount of eggs someone on 810 or 1000 etc had per week - When CD do introduce them, they may limit the amount.

Maybe it is something to do with bowel movements..... Never heard the saying "egg bound"....
If we had d&v as a kid my nan would feed us up on eggs to try & stop the diorrhea.
So if you had two a week for 7 days, would be 14 eggs a week. Over & above the recommended.....

Although, in a weak moment I've had the odd 2 egg omlette to stop me from going mental with carbs!

Theres actually no recommended limit on eggs anymore, they rescinded it as found that eggs do not raise dietary cholesterol. I only found that out yesterday as hubby has eaten about 18 eggs this week, and I was giving it "cholesterol" he duly pointed me in the direction of the Lion Egg website. I stood corrected

Everyday is a school day!

All the research was done on the egg yolk and yes, there is cholesterol in there. However, if they'd bothered to analyse the egg white at the same time they'd have found there's something in egg white which lowers cholesterol, hence they cancel each other out!

I had 2 eggs for breakfast everyday, they're very healthy things!!

Back