• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more



Why arent the scales moving?

#1
Hi everyone, I hope you all had a lovely weekend?
Has anyone else had weeks where the scales havent moved? Its ok if you havent, but last weigh in I lost about 1/2lb and this week I dont think the scales have moved either. I'm drinking at least 4 ltrs of water a day, havent lapsed in any capacity and its getting really frustrating. I'm not expecting any periods, as they stopped when i started lighter life.

I'm trying to not be so moany because i am on week 11 and lost 3.5 stone so far, however I have said (mainly due to cost factor) that I am moving onto RTM after 16 weeks and would like to have lost another stone by then...

I know I am putting pressure on myself, and in the end it will all come off, but I was just curious to find out if there are any reasons why when your on dust the scales arent moving and they should be...:cry:

xx
 
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

LadyT

Tough But Sexy X
#2
CornishPixie said:
Hi everyone, I hope you all had a lovely weekend?
Has anyone else had weeks where the scales havent moved? Its ok if you havent, but last weigh in I lost about 1/2lb and this week I dont think the scales have moved either. I'm drinking at least 4 ltrs of water a day, havent lapsed in any capacity and its getting really frustrating. I'm not expecting any periods, as they stopped when i started lighter life.

I'm trying to not be so moany because i am on week 11 and lost 3.5 stone so far, however I have said (mainly due to cost factor) that I am moving onto RTM after 16 weeks and would like to have lost another stone by then...

I know I am putting pressure on myself, and in the end it will all come off, but I was just curious to find out if there are any reasons why when your on dust the scales arent moving and they should be...:cry:

xx
Hi, I think you should look at the bigger picture. You have lost an amazing amount of weight in a short space of time. You are averaging at 4.4lb a week, lighterlife usually say 3lb is the average weekly weightloss. It all balances out eventually. I know you are probably frustrated due to the cost but focus on your goal and you will get there.

Good luck hun xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
 
#3
Don't let it get to you lovely, to be on week 11 and lost that amount already is amazing overall. If you plan to stop at week 16 then you still have over a month. Stick at it girly! You'll get there, in no time at all. x
 
#4
thanks ladies, am definitely trying to keep it all in perspective. its class in about 45 mins, so will feel so much better once its done. I love coming onto this site, the discussions are so motivating and its great to know there are people there to support you when you need it!
thanks xx
 

Julz

Silver Member
#5
Just another thought, are you exercising? Muscles weigh more than fat, so you could be losing fat still but toning muscles, even walking more will make a change.
Stay strong you have done brilliantly, as LadyT said 4.4lbs average us fab
Jx
 
#6
I do gym, usually about 3-4 hours a week, but I haven't the last fortnight. I weighed in last night and lost 5.7lbs, so really really need to stop beating myself or fretting as the scales say everything is fine! Thanks for your help ladies xxx
 
#7
Congrats on the loss lovely xx amazing!
 
#9
Thanks ladies! Maybe you could help me with another dilemma. Apologies now as it's food talk. I have an event I am hosting tomorrow and it's a sit down three course lunch at the Hilton on park lane. I can't leave the room during lunch as I have to manage the presentations. It's an important client event so don't want to explain why I'm not touching my food. What should I do to get round it? Doubt I could eat it all anyway but I was thinking I could just have a couple of mouth fulls and spread the rest around my plate a bit? xxx
 

LadyT

Tough But Sexy X
#10
CornishPixie said:
Thanks ladies! Maybe you could help me with another dilemma. Apologies now as it's food talk. I have an event I am hosting tomorrow and it's a sit down three course lunch at the Hilton on park lane. I can't leave the room during lunch as I have to manage the presentations. It's an important client event so don't want to explain why I'm not touching my food. What should I do to get round it? Doubt I could eat it all anyway but I was thinking I could just have a couple of mouth fulls and spread the rest around my plate a bit? xxx
I host events and had one the second week into LLT, I just said I had some calls to make and would be just outside if needed. You could just circulate during dinner checking everyone has what they need etc

I wouldn't let others dictate your success on this plan there will be ways around it for you. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
 
#11
That's a great idea - I'll log onto emails and sort some stuff out. Like it! It's such an amazing sounding meal but way too rich to even attempt. Thanks so much xxx
 

LadyT

Tough But Sexy X
#12
CornishPixie said:
That's a great idea - I'll log onto emails and sort some stuff out. Like it! It's such an amazing sounding meal but way too rich to even attempt. Thanks so much xxx
Aw but just imagine how much more you would enjoy a meal like that when you reach goal! Let's face it the food ain't going anywhere it will still be there at the end of your journey hunny! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
 
#13
You are totally right hun. Have had a bar and a shake this morning, loaded up on water and ready to get the day done. My exec can sit in the room and eat and I'll wait out in the other room. Have said to myself if I make it with no food ill treat myself to a new eye shadow at mac which is just up the road! On the way to the hilton now xx
 

LadyT

Tough But Sexy X
#14
Hope it all went well and you have a lovely new eye shadow for your efforts xx
 
#15
LadyT said:
Hope it all went well and you have a lovely new eye shadow for your efforts xx
Nope! So I did exactly as planned stayed out the room, no chair or nothing easy. Went to the loo came back and the event manager put me out a table with a starter and said sit down you must eat it's your event! Awkward. So I sat down mushed it up into pieces and ate prob half of it. I then explained to her why didn't want to eat and she apologised for being pushy but as I said to her I didnt have to eat it. I did have about half the dessert too.

However usually at this point I would be beating myself up as I am like that, but it's actually taught me something. I have to stop pleasing other people, I was fine taking myself out the room as i knew what i was doing and focused, but once they took the trouble to do all that for me I felt obliged. I am a people pleaser and I have to stop and really concentrate more on me. I've upped my water and the scales haven't affected yet. I have no desire to eat or blip or cheat I was fine yesterday back on the packs so it's def taught me something!

No eyeshadow yet!! But 4 weeks then rtm so maybe then at the 16 week Mark xxx
 

LadyT

Tough But Sexy X
#16
Don't beat yourself up, the positive is that you didn't eat everything in front of you which you could have done! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
 
#17
Thanks hun, definitely not beating myself up. If i had continued to blip during the day using an excuse that I already ate, then fair enough, but am fine with it, just a learning process I guess!! xx
 


Similar threads