Why Cambridge

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by BeckyN, 29 June 2010 Social URL.

1. BeckyN

BeckyN Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(7.36%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Hi gang,

After a bit of a wobble where reading forums, and my CDC put me right I thought I'd just ask you all why Cambridge?

I love it, I like the 'no choice' option of the SS. I like going to be weighed each week and seeing those losses, and the support I get from here and my CDC.
    I also like the fact that even though I'm not in a group there are others doing the same thing as me and can offer support and guidance.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JessicaPink

JessicaPink Like to giggle

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(11.93%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I have to admit - when I first found CD I was petrified but definitely willing to give it ago as I had tried and failed at every other diet going. You may have read in my posts over a week ago when I first started I was very scared, especially of failure but as the days have gone on I love it! :D

Not only has my week 1 loss been great, I feel great. I have so much energy and I'm not even hungry! Food is my problem and I love the fact it takes away the problem whilst doing SS. I hope that when gradually going up the plans I can gradually re-train my brain and the way I think about food.

I love it :D and I feel very very happy.

For once, I feel in control of my life and my goals are in sight.

I LOVE CD xxxxx

4. beinggood

beinggood Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.39%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I like CD because its plain and simple ...drink the shakes and lose weight. I tried all the other diets, would lose 20lb then get stuck and put it all on again.

I decided that I needed to try CD, which I had previously dismissed as a viable option. I 'knew' in my head that this is my last diet, I had decided that if I fail I will just be happy with myself at being over weight KWIM. I was torturing myself, every morning starting a new day of a diet ... the last three years I have done this. Also every holiday was torment when I wasnt slim enough to take off my sarong and join in the activities around the pool ... we travel at least twice a year for 2 weeks at a time, and sometimes more often. Each holiday brought a renewed heartache.

So now on CD I have never been happier, and I got past my 20lb and didnt get 'stuck'. The money I usually save to go on holiday is being spent on me this time, being 'selfish' is probably the best thing I have ever done and I am going to have a great new figure to show for it.

CD takes the guesswork and temptation away for me. Sure there are days when I am tempted and sometimes I eat something I shouldnt but it really is damage limitation when you are on 500cals a day to start with.

5. Trolley Dolly xx

Trolley Dolly xx Full Member

CD just takes food out of the equation (most plans) it is like wiping the slate clean...hopefully re-evaluate or relaionship with food.
    Also, the fast results we all desire.:)

6. preetone

preetone Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.47%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet
    Last time i did this i found my appetite was reduced after coming off CDC. and i was better at listening to my body saying 'stop eating'.

Taking the choice away is what made this diet the 'easiest'.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.