Why I have to lose weight?

I think we all have the same reasons, I was told by a gp when I was 18 that if I didnt loose weight I would be dead by the time I am 40, I too am 48 so feel I am living on borrowed time!! and now I have a baby grand daughter I want to live and be alive to spend time with her :)
so my list goes like this...
1. to become healthy
2. maintain my weight loss once I get to goal (previous attempts I have always put back on with some extra what I have lost)
3.to use my gym membership not just pay it monthly and not go!!
4.to be able to buy clothes in any section not just plus size or from ebay where they come from america - where everything is bigger....
5.I would like to run the cardiff marathon and raise some money for our local hospice who looked after my auntie so wonderfully in her last few weeks
so 2010 is going to be the years i do this and then marathon in 2011

Hi everyone

I want to loose weight because:

1. my weight is unhealthy and I'm actually classified obese which I hate!
2. I want to look better for my husband (although he loves me as I am bless!)
3. I want to be able to feel comfortable in nice clothes - and look good!
4. Althought its never been mentioned, I'm sure my husbands family think I should loose some weight.
5. I don't want to be the "fat mum" at the school gates!

I'd like to lose weight because

1. I'd like to be able to buy clothes because I like them, not because the shop happens to have my size.
  2. I feel embarrassed by my weight and it's starting to affect my self-esteem.
  3. I would like to be able to put on clothes and not feel them getting tighter.
  4. My double chin.
  5. Health issues. So many things are caused by obesity.
  6. I'll be happy to pose in photos on holiday or with family/friends.
  7. I won't be jealous of my thinner friends

I can't..... especially with young kids as hubby gets it out for birthdays and xmas etc and I just want to be behind the camera but I am normally the one handing out presents or helping them open the boxes.

Whoever came up with the stupid idea of tying everything into the boxes with bits of plastic or cable ties has not watched kids trying to get their new present out of the box and almost crying with frustration.

Bath with hubby is also a good reason that I hadn't considered before. Gosh that really takes me back to pre kids!

I remember the nightmare of kids opening boxes with everything fastened in with the cable ties and bits of wire.

I think I'd quite like to be able to have a bath with hubby if I wanted to - not sure whether I'd actually want to, who'd bring me my glass of wine or brew in if he was in there with me? Then there'd be back to the question of who'd get the tap end - he always got the tap end but there'd have to be the discussion first.

It would be nice to think he'd fit in if I wanted him to though.

Tracey

Hubby would definetly have to have the tap end, like I would give him a choice!

You would just have to get a champagne bucket, with a bottle of champers of course that sits next to the bath so you had your drink to hand.

I just look foward to the day when we could both get cosy in the bath on cold winter nights......

I like your attitude..... lose a stone and celebrate with a bottle of the fizzy stuff, why not I think that is great motivation.

I know how easy it is too spend money on the extras............. especially the ones that aren't good for me.

I need to talk to hubby about how much Go Lower is saving me. I do have to pay for it but it does cover pretty much all the food I eat.

For starters I am not spending £5 a day on sandwiches at lunchtime and that is before I even think about the chocolate bars and crisps and take aways etc.

I guess I need to save all this money so I can go clothes shopping for a new wardrobe! Yipeeee! (Just don't tell hubby!)

Hi, I'm new :)

This is a wonderful thread, I'll say it again.

My reasons are:

-Getting with a really fit boy haha.
-Not making excuses for my weight.
-For my dad to be proud of me for once and prove him wrong (the rest of my family's really fit but I've always been overweight).
-Be a normal size for once and buy any clothes I want and not have to worry about it covering all of my wobbly bits appropriately.
-Going to the beach or pool with no shame.
-Not flee when people are taking photos.
-Get noticed when I walk in somewhere.
-Don't let food control my life.
-Actually deal with my issues and not through food.
-Not be the only overweight person in my family.
-When I have kids in a few years, I wanna have a pretty pregnant's woman belly and have people notice it.

Oh dear, some of my issues are so superficial haha.

Hi Just Peachey

I see someone else that doesn't like it when the camera comes out!

By the way your reasons are not superficial they are honest which you will see a lot of on this site which is why it is such a great forum because we can be honest with ourselves!

Thanks guys, that's really nice of you.

Suzy, you're right. I've decided to be honest with myself an others from now on. I think me being overweight has a lot to do with lying to myself about why I eat so coming clean is a way of coming to terms with it!

Reasons and goals also justify what you're doing and remind you why you're working hard.

I'm so glad that I'm not alone when I read this thread. I like the one about saving money as well. I don't want to think about all the money I've spent on junk I shovelled down my throat :)

Savings!

I know how easy it is too spend money on the extras............. especially the ones that aren't good for me.

I need to talk to hubby about how much Go Lower is saving me. I do have to pay for it but it does cover pretty much all the food I eat.

For starters I am not spending £5 a day on sandwiches at lunchtime and that is before I even think about the chocolate bars and crisps and take aways etc.

I guess I need to save all this money so I can go clothes shopping for a new wardrobe! Yipeeee! (Just don't tell hubby!)

My friend joked that she'd save money but not being able to drink!

MM

Welcome Just Peachy!

Hi Just Peachy, :welcome:

I think what I am about to do here is called hijacking a thread -- so I apologize to everyone. But, I was unable to send a private message to this newbie. :hijack: Please Forgive me. :innocent0001:

Welcome to Minimins. I think you will find this site very helpful on your quest to be a happier and healthier you. And, I do not think your reasons are superficial... it is a fact of life that people are judged on their appearances, so how oyu look and how you feel about your appearance is very important.

Here are some tips for this site: if you go to the games, off topic sections, etc. and start playing the movie games, change a letter games, etc. It is a quick way to up your posts -- once you have a certain number of posts you are allowed to add photos and partake in other features on this site. Including being able to visit other peoples albums and send private messages.

Also, if someone's post is particularly helpful you can click on the thanks button on the right hand side of the post -- this site tracks the thanks you have given, and those you have received. I am not sure what this does for your access to Minimins, but it has taken me awhile to figure a lot of things out.

There are tutorials listed up on the main page banner -- and one by Pierce was especially helpful for "how to set up a ticker".

Are you using Cambridge Diet? I am using the U.S. version of the Cambridge Diet Food For Life (I like it because it is Soy Based and seems to agree with me better). I can order from the US and have it sent to my APO address (US military mailing address). It is a bit less expensive, but not much when you consider shipping costs -- plus, I have to plan ahead.

I am doing CD to take off the 20 plus pounds I regained after intially losting about 60 doing Lighter Light. It was very good and worked well and fast. It was very expensive, but it had a fantastic counselling component.

Good Luck to you and congrats for deciding to take control of your weight.

-- MinnieMel

Back