Why I have to lose weight?

Thanks for that MinnieMel, I'd definitely check all of that out. Congrats on the weight loss by the way!

I can't think of how many diets I've done in the past... 15 years? Fact of the matter is I can't do them because I don't actually believe in most of them. I know how to eat right, I just need to do it. So I'm doing DIY style this time, just getting up goals, rewards, diaries, schedules which will keep me on track. I'm a very organised and stubborn person so hopefully this will do it. I've also only realised how food controls me and how I use it for everything and I've had it already!

I also have to say that I love this forum, I somehow managed to stay up until 3am because I couldn't stop reading it... oops. Nevermind revision!

I don't think Tarotwomen minds anybody hijacking her thread do you Tracey?

I am not a drinker but I know how much it costs me when I buy a round, it hurts.......... when did drinks become so expensive? So I guess your friend could save herself a small fortune in just one night of not drinking!

Lighthousekeeper, just think you can now put all that money saved towards buying something special just for you.

Just Peachey it is a great site isn't it? Good luck with the dieting and remember you can always be honest on here because we are all in the same boat.

Hi MissieMai,

I just try to avoid the camera as much as I can. The one thing I hate about FB is people tagging photos of me 'cause you know you can't delete them so you may as well admit it is you!

SuzyK - detagging unliked pic's is the way to go on fb - if you're not tagged in it it's easier to forget about it sooo.... it doesn't exist ;) in my mind anyway haha.

I totally agree with all your reasons so far... but I have one more which I don't think has been mentioned yet. I would love to be able to cross my legs (like a lady) comfortably again, my thunder-thighs at the mo mean this is sooo uncomfy unless i hook my foot on something. - urgh

SuzyK - detagging unliked pic's is the way to go on fb - if you're not tagged in it it's easier to forget about it sooo.... it doesn't exist ;) in my mind anyway haha.

I totally agree with all your reasons so far... but I have one more which I don't think has been mentioned yet. I would love to be able to cross my legs (like a lady) comfortably again, my thunder-thighs at the mo mean this is sooo uncomfy unless i hook my foot on something. - urgh

Or how about being able to put on tights without a struggle? When I was bigger it was nightmare to get them started on my foot. And when I got out of bed in the morning my feet would ache from all the weight on them.

Two good reasons to stop the regain and relose!

MM

Hahaha, crossing legs and tights are things I can relate with so much. I can cross my legs but it's not very comfortable. And trousers never fit me properly so I always wear skirts, i.e. tights too but the sheer amount I go through cos they never fit me properly is incredible.

Now if that's not motivation I don't know what is.

Oh MinnieMel you're spot on about the tights - I can get them on my feet just fine... but then have to dance around the room like a manic to wiggle them up haha.
Just Peachy - I agree about the trousers too, If they fit my hips/bum then they're usually 3foot too long. The only problem is I'm soooo fussy about skirts.

I can't help you with the gathering of tights, I do have that problem with leggings though. No with tights I have the opposite problem, the tops tend to be tight, no matter what size I get. Now I just stick to Boots own opaque ones. They're stretchy so seem to fit well all over.

I like the Primark ones, although they don't last very long. They do fit me though amazingly enough. I also bought the best ones at M&S, they were a bit pricy but they were in lycra and they've lasted forever! Sometimes it's worth it I guess.

Oops, way off topic...

I'll have to try the M & S ones. I seem to get one wear out of most tights. I am not very graceful.

MM

TIGHTS!!!!!! I put a pair on this morning thinking I would wear them under my jeans to keep me snug and warm and I could take of my boots, oh no, half way up I ladder them and then when I tried to pull them right up, yes doing a jig around the room, stop laughing you lot! I ripped a massive hole in them. BIN is where they ended up and they were a new pair! I may have to check out these suggestions of Boots and Primark.

Crossing legs.... it has been so long since I was able to cross mine like a lady that I had forgotten it was even a possibility. Great suggestion Sugar fiend. Tell me is it a height thing or a thigh thing that I have never been able to cross my legs and then tuck my leg behind my ankle, because that looks so elegant.

I wish I could de-tagg myself from FB photos but everyone knows it is me and I would then have to explain why have I de-tagged myself and that is even more embarassing.

Tracey I feel you are planning one great shopping spree........

Clothes in general is just such a pain in the arsche. I love clothes so much; losing weight's definitely going to be a reward for me mainly just buing all sorts of types of clothes I could never pull off or I never dared to wear before. Fun times ahead when I have to replace everything I own (hopefully).

My question to myself is will I ever buy a mini skirt? I had two in my early twenties but then the weight crept up again and I wonder will I ever have the legs.......... even when I lose the weight.

The last thing I want is to look like mutton but like Just Peachy there are so many clothes styles that I have just always looked at and thought, No! not for me. It will be great to see what other styles do actually suit me. I think I have just decided whilst writing this that when I reach target I may consider a personal shopper experience as a treat for me. I guess I better start saving now! As I don't think George at ASDA will offer that.

Hey SuzyK --

I'll volunteer to be your personal shopper. I love spending other people's money. LOL The husband of a friend of mine used ot refer to me as the "shopping enabler". True.

MM

Suzy, You're right, I was killing myself laughing at your tights - sorry! I will be having a massive shopping spree, it's not as bad as it sounds though, I rarely get to good shops. Not many good shops here so I have to travel to get to a decent shopping centre. Recently, if I've done that I've bought nothing coz everything looked awful on me.

If I get tights from Boots my mum'll have to get them and put them in the post, but we do have a Primark (have to travel but it is here).

Tracey

Great thread.

My reasons are same as everyone else;
1) Look good and feel good in a selfish superficial way
3) I want to be able to wear 'pretty' outfits without bits bulging out
4) For my health, need to be fitter
5) Don't want to the ugly or fat one in my family anymore

xx

Back