Why I have to lose weight?

I get it pretty bad and it gets really hot in the summer where I'm from (30 to 40 Celsius) and it's humid so you get really hot, and my tighs rubbing so much have caused me to not be able to work the next day.

I've had to come up with embarassing remedies such as baby powder or rash cream for babies to relieve the pain. I don't usually fit into shorts and even when I do, I hate my thighs so my only option is skirts, but then my legs rub together and .. urgh! Long trousers are too hot so there's no way out of it unfortunately.

Like you said Tracey, hopefully that won't be a problem this summer. Fingers crossed!

Yep, it gets pretty hot here in the Summer. Long time since I wore any shorts but I remember they used to creep up between my legs and I'd have to keep stopping to pull them down again, drove me daft. Don't think I'll ever wear shorts again even if I'm slim they're not the most flattering clothes.

Tracey

They're really not, I don't understand the point of them, I find them boyish really (no offence to anyone who is a short-wearer).

Just to be able to wear skirts and not worry about my thighs would be so fantastic. Oh the things bigger people have to put up with, I'm sure if we made a list it'd be surprising.

1. Losing the emotional fat wall I have built up around myself will help me face up to the demons that put me on the road to weight gain.

2. It will improve the appearence of my "uneven" shape and if not, it means the PCT will be more willing to approve me for surgery should I go down that road.

3. I would like to wear fashionable clothes, not supermarket brands I have to dig right at the back for and slice me in half with their lousy cuts.

4. I really want awesome legs! I have long legs but they are like trees! They could be a good feature if I work hard on them.

5. I would like for once to be the one the guys talk to without asking me about my friends.

6. I would also like to be just once in my lifetime to be refered to as the cute one, not the funny (fat) one.

7. It will save me money on razor blades from shaving my huge limbs!

8. I would like to sweat far far less.

9. I want a coat. A REALLY REALLY good quality, fashionable, beautiful coat.

10. I want to walk past people who mercilessly bullied me at school with my head high rather than running and hiding!

11. I want to avoid diabeties and cancer.

12. I want to be proud enough to leave the house.

All good reasons! I hate reaching at the back for sizes. I'd love to reach in the middle.

So does sweating come along with being overweight then?

I think it's because I get hotter more and my underarms are concealed by bingo wings of doom. I have been known to change clothes a lot during the day.

Well that's awfully inconvenient :(

I did once attempt to dry my underarms on one of those hand dryers and a girl came in so I stopped and she went straight up to one and did the same! :eek:

Haha what a strange coincidence.

I used to dry my hair off with them after my football practises cos my head would sweat cos of all the running around and stuff.

Man I miss those days when I was in two sports teams at the same time. Who would've thought seeing me today haha. Nobody, really.

Hi KookieDoh,

I loved the same money on razor blades one. And don't forget the time you'll save -- one swipe per side (done and dusted). LOL

How about walking into the "big clothes" store and having the clerk ask you if you are looking for a gift for someone else? When I was first pregnant with my son (and very slim) I thought that maternity clothes were very expensive and decided I'd just pick up big clothes on sale. So, I went into a "larger lady" shop and the clerk thought I was buying a gift. Now, they just show me to the middle of the rack. :( But, not for long (I hope).

MM

I tell you what really winds me up something evil. High street chains with their big girl clothing. When I was in my early teens, they didn't go beyond a size 14 and then they brought in the big is beautiful style plus sizes which I thought "great" but discovered they are usually unflattering and have the same awful designs such as huge flowers and are ALWAYS in a special section of the shop like a pig pen that is designed to make you feel awful and on display for all the twig like assistants to see. ARGH!

What is wrong with just doing all the clothes up to a size and having them altogether?

KILL! KILL! :mad: KABOOM!

1. Im bigger than all my friends, I want to be able to go out and look just as fab as they do.

2. I want to get fit so I can enjoy dancing again.

3. I was thin when I met my OH, I know he wishes I was smaller again so want to do it for him too (wrong I know)

4. I love my beach holidays and want to look gorgeous & slim in my bikini

:)

There's nothing wrong with wanting to look good for your OH -- esp. if that is something you want, too. MM

Last edited:
Does anyone else get their inner thighs rubbing together in the Summer? I've had it and they get sore, I can end up walking a bit strangely to try to avoid them rubbing. Hopefully by this Summer I'll have lost enough for it not to happen. That's another reason for me.

Tracey

I've always had a problem with this! I discovered lanacane anti-chafing gel a year or two back and it's absolutely wonderful for sorting the sore rubbed bits out.

Awesome thread incidentally, some great motivation in here.

I'll get some of that in the Summer if I need it, hopefully I'll be slim enough to not need it this year though. I have tried talc, savlon and allsorts of things in the past and always ended up with the waggly duck walk! I think a lot of my problem is my inner thighs are so waggly too (bingo wings between my legs) so I'm doing a lot of inner thigh exercises to try and firm them up.

Tracey

Reasons for me to lose weight -

1. Fit comfortably in wedding dress in July (and hopefully even have it taken in!)

2. When I was previously at my goal I could wear whatever i wanted

3. Hopefully boobs will shrink! And it will be easier to find underwear (why do shops always have every size possible except mine!)

4. At my goal weight I felt sexier and more confident in the bedroom, fiance has noticed the change :-(

5. Not to look like a giant in pics with my OHs family who are all tiny and petite.

6. Look fab for honeymoon

7. Fit back into all my clothes that are too small

8. To have thinner legs than my mum!

x

Oh, I do hope you get to goal for your wedding. There's a forum on here for Brides to be, have a look at that; not looked myself, it's a bit too late for me I've got my 30th anniversary this year.

I think it's the first time I've read someones reasons and thought 'oh no, don't want that to happen!' It's the boobs shrinking one. My boobs will shrink as I lose weight but if I had the choice I'd have everything else shrinking and my boobs growing.

Tracey

Oh, I do hope you get to goal for your wedding. There's a forum on here for Brides to be, have a look at that; not looked myself, it's a bit too late for me I've got my 30th anniversary this year.

I think it's the first time I've read someones reasons and thought 'oh no, don't want that to happen!' It's the boobs shrinking one. My boobs will shrink as I lose weight but if I had the choice I'd have everything else shrinking and my boobs growing.

Tracey

Hi Tracey,

Today is our 23rd anniversary. I am like you -- have little on top to begin with and pray that I do lose from there!

MM

Back