Why oh why can I not stick to this!

Lozzie Stardust

Fat Geek to Thin Geek
I don't understand why I can't seem to stick to plan and have been in dieting limbo, I've lost roughly 2st 7lb but I put on 7lb over Xmas, (mega binge) I then lost 4.5lb felt really happy, I then gained 1.5 and haven't been able to stick to it or get back on the wagon, I've binged on pizza and cake etc all week :(

Seriously what is wrong with me? I can't face WI on thurs. anyone else get like this and how did you overcome it?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I got like this over Christmas too, the only thing i can advise is go to group, take gain, paste a smile on your face and start again.

Reread all your books like your a newbie, look at inspirational photos, read peoples diary for inspiration, go back to your first week, also write down pros and cons of slimming world, remind yourself of why you are doing this.

Come on lozzie you can do this, you will do it, draw that line and get back on the wagon!

Thanks Hon! I just gotta hit the wagon, I've had an epic cold the past couple of days, so been sofa bound & feeling rather sorry for myself!

My most of my problem is mental, I've got an anxiety disorder and the only thing that shuts me up is food! I'm getting in a bit of a tivvy but I know if I don't go my gain will just get bigger! Damage control and a re-boot!

Thanks a bunch!!

Well no wonder if your poorly we all reach for comfort foods if were feeling under the weather! But yes damage control in full force from now!xx

Hi Lozzie,
I am having a hard time getting back on post Xmas as well! I just have no self control so every morning I wake up ready and determined to be a good boy but the moment the idea of takeaways, cakes and other badness is within arms reach I stuff my face. I feel bad like right after but it doesnt stop me using the old "I'll start again tomorrow" excuse.
Bad times!
You know you can do it, you have done really well so far, and please dont put all the weight back on like I have in the last few months (2stone off last summer, back to square 1 after xmas). I feel horrible about it so dont be me! ^_^

I think if you have been doing SW for a while, its disheartening when you have had a large festive gain (i know - i still have about 1 stone to lose to be pre wedding weight!) and it doesnt help matters seeing all the new joiners doing SO well on plan (we used to have that determination!!!!)

So my only advice is dont dwell on the past and take things ONE DAY at a time. Plan you day, plan your food, plan your drinks! PLAN PLAN PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

You can do it honey!

I need to listen to my own advice too - hehe! xxx

Stick with it lozzie and yes i agree it's hard when we see people having fantastic losses,,, i was doing great but now in the last month i've only lost 1/2 a pound:(.. now im happy that it's not going up but im seriously stuck!!!! am changing all my food around and drinking loads of water so hopefully it will start me off loosing again:)good luck to you:)

I think if you have been doing SW for a while, its disheartening when you have had a large festive gain (i know - i still have about 1 stone to lose to be pre wedding weight!) and it doesnt help matters seeing all the new joiners doing SO well on plan (we used to have that determination!!!!)

I'm definitely feeling this, EB. It's so disheartening to know that although I've been as good as gold for the past nearly 3 weeks, and have lost 8lbs, I'm STILL not back to where I was before Christmas. My own fault, I know - but it just doesn't feel like 'real' weightloss because it's just my epic gain I'm getting off at the mo! Pah!

Lozzie, hang on in there - I know that for me, I need at least two or three days back on plan before it all gets easy again. So just do your best, and once you've broken that bad cycle you'll be back on plan with no problems, I bet!

Had the same problem. Im giving into my binging but trying to do it sensibly. Currently sitting here with big bowl of buckwheat with muller stirred through it as it very filling and sweet. Im using 15 syns, even if it means Im eating 4 cereal bars a day. I know I wont lose much or even stay the same but Im hoping it will let me get my head straight. Also making pittas pizzas, lots of sw chips, comfort food really.

Thanks for the support guys, still feeling proper rough, so no WI tonight but will update my food diary on here to keep me in check!

Back