WHY?? OTHER PEOPLE COMMENTS..

Catscratch

I can do this..
Why do people keep telling me I've now lost enough weight. Everytime someone asks how much I still want to lose and I say I have at least another 19lbs to go to get to a healthy BMI, WHY??? do they always say that they think I've lost enough already and it's silly to lose any more..It makes me so mad:mad:, why can't they just be pleased for me..
Doing a VLCD is hard at times and I think we'd all appreciate support not criticism. My OH is very supportive, but a lot of friends etc are a different matter.. Thank the lord for Minimins...

Does anyone else get this?? Moan over..made me feel better just writing this..

Oh yes totally totally gets on my t!ts it's funny how they never say anything when we are overweight ... I'd say stuff them hunny show them that u are gonna lose the last 19lbs - in their face lol good luck x

I always get ''how much weight have you lost?'' i say 4.5 stone.....they look at me like oh wow!! what i think they mean is oh wow and you still look fat lol

I HATE that!! I get it a lot now, oh you look great you dont need to lose anymore, actually I am still classed as overweight and I still have a bit to go. I just dont tell people I want to lose more, I just get on with it. I think some of it is jealousy. One of my "friends" who I havent seen in ages saw a picture of me on facebook and txt my cousin to say what has Emma been up to she has lost a load of weight. Dont know why she couldnt ask me or comment on the picture. Some people feel threatened when you find the stregth to get up of your butt and do something about yourself! Make me angry.

Unless people have had issues with their weight in the past, they are unlikely to understand how you feel. You'll know when you've reached your goal because you will feel comfortable with your own body, nobody else can tell you that, because its how you feel :)

I remember having the same comments when I was with LL. As Emma says some people seem to feel threatened when they see you take control of your life. I suppose they feel comfortable when someone else weighs more than them. Redirect your disappointment with them & use it to reach your goal. That's what I have decided to do when someone I know actually said that she wants to go on the diet so that she can stay smaller than me & she's not even overweight. Every time I get tempted I think about that & it keeps me on track x

Just ignore the comments, you do it for yourself, if people dont like what they see tell them to stop looking!

Last edited:
I hate getting unwanted advice. I am always amazed at how people, women in particular, give advice on subjects they know nothing about. I seem to be a target for these people and without asking for it they start telling me how to raise my kids or deal with their schooling etc. At one stage I began to wonder if I had a permanently confused look on my face that attracted them!

They just like the sound of their own voices I decided. I don't even bother listening anymore. It is literally hot air.

Now telling you that you don't need to lose any more is also another way to say that you look great. Try to see it that way and ignore the hot air and go on. Reaching your goal is very important. You must do it if it is reasonable at all.

Belle

When to stop

This is a good chart which shows height weight in photos. You'll see what weight suits your height here.

Photographic Height/Weight Chart

Enjoy browsing!

Belle

Thanks everyone for your replies. I couldn't make my mind up if I looked good or awful with their comments. As you say probably jealous. Its so reasurring that its not only me getting comments. I feel great, better than I have for years. I not only think I look better but actually feel much healthier. I'm no longer puffing and panting at the slightest sign of anything in the least bit strenuous and no longer a permanently tired out couch potato. No matter how long it takes to shed the remaining pounds I am determined to do it, once its done its staying done, I will never get fat again, its too exhausting and hard work to always be on a diet...:D Thanks again

Back