why you chose LT...

tubbylove

hey everyone, Im just curious really as to why you chose LT over the other TFR programs out there? I was comparing a few different ones this morning and exante stuck out a lot and slightly cheaper, also some others which u have more of a variety... although I do wonder if you had a choice to eat more normal things then would it make you more tempted to cheat?! I don't want to change over, starting LT was hard enough!!! hope everyone is having a fab bank holiday so far :) xxx

Hiya Sian, How's you hun?

I thought I'd give it a go as I know a friend had success with it years ago. Plus, it's cheaper than most other TFR/VLCD and it's monitored weekly by a professional rather than some daft bint who lost some weight and thinks she knows it all and charges you a fiver to embarrass you in front of a load of strangers :rolleyes:

I had tried hCG for a while, and although it worked well, I was losing around 4-5lb a week, it was so easy to cheat on it, sneaking in a bit more of everything here and there, plus taking the drops is a pain as you have to have 30 mins either side of them with no food or liquid.

I think I'm going to carry on with LT until the end of July, when I'll have to refeed as I'm going away in August for 3-4 weeks (I work in education, hooray for summer hols!) and it will be impossible to continue with the shakes. Then come September I'll decide if I'll go back on LT or go back to Atkins, which I maintained my weight between 10st and 10st4lb for 4 year constant until I gave up smoking.

Plus, from a convenience aspect, the chemist just 50 yards from me does LT, so it saves hiking further afield. And also quite a few of the others are delivered, which is a pain in the butt when you work full time!

What made you pick this in the end then?

Jx

Well I thought about doing LT a few years ago through the doctors when I was at my heaviest, but I was to embarrassed to go in to ask so it never happened. Then I thought about it again more recently after a few people I knew had started and succeeding, so did some research on a few diets, but felt I would achieve more on this one the most as its restricted to mainly drinks.(I love my food to much so thought if I didn't eat anything then I would have a better chance) although some of the others are more appealing now since im missing food :( but il get over that!! yea I like the fact I can get it from a local pharmacy to, don't fancy travelling 30 miles :p xx

One of my friends posted on Facebook in April that she had lost 4 stone since January. I had seen her at xmas just before she started. I thought to myself, "4 stone in 4 months? For real????" and I sent her a message to find out what she had done. Turned out it was LT - she explained some of the basics and I was intrigued. I figured I had tried a few fad diets (cabbage soup anyone?) with no luck and a Total Food Replacement programme (which I wasn't aware existed before then) sounded like a good idea for a food addict like me. I did think perhaps this was another fad diet but perhaps if I could achieve the weight loss on this diet and get myself skinny, it would be motivation enough to change my eating habits in order to keep myself that way. I need inspiration to stick at anything and the lack of quick results from any other diets has been my downfall. I have to say I was delighted when I started reading up on LT more and how ketosis works, the refeed phase etc (ketosis was another thing I hadn't heard of) and I realised that this could be fast and realistic way to get the weight off and keep it off - and we all know it is very rare to get both fast AND realistic together in one diet. I was sold and haven't looked back.

My friend doesn't know I started LT (she lives in London, I live in Liverpool so I don't see her in person much) - I don't plan on telling her (and thanking her greatly) until I reach my goal. ;)

Last edited:
Similar story to skinnylove - a friend of mine posted on Facebook that she'd lost a stone and a half in nearly 6 weeks, someone else asked how and she said it was Lipotrim. I thought 'hmm...' and went and looked it up. It seemed safe enough, so I got the DVD and decided to give it a try.

I was going to do lighterlife as I know someone who lost bulk weight on it! I'd already tried healthy eating and exercise but it didn't work. My parents weren't keen at all but I thought its my choice! My mum then came home from work and explained LT to me as a couple of her friends did it. It is so much cheaper and I don't have to wait an hour after work and travel another 20 minutes by car to get to LL! I think LT is awesome :D

I managed to lose 5st on Slimming World, but since Christmas have really struggled and put 1 and a half stone back on. A friend of mine did LT 18months ago, lost 4 stone, looks really healthy and has kept her weight off. Really felt like my eating was out of control before I did LT and felt like I needed to reboot my appetite as well as cleanse my palate. Am about to start my 3rd week but am so happy with being back in control again, and hope to carry this on when I refeed. xx

I started because it has become popular at my other halfs work place (lazy gamers lol) and my sisters O/H has lost 7 stone on it so I said I would give it ago. It it a bit more expensive in Ireland but I find it is a better diet for me as it is strict, I have done weight watchers before but it is so easy so cheat or have a little extra here and there but with this I know I am allowed 3 a day and that is it.

The only downside is that this diet will not teach us how to eat in the future to insure the weight stays off so I know I am going to have to recondition myself into much better eating, I am thinking low carb or slimming world online to help me sort that out.

First time I did it I'd never heard of total food replacement but I was referred by the hospital to a lipotrim programme that they had on trial at the time. Turned up not knowing anything about the diet and sat for an hour while the consultant told us all about it. I remember before it started a woman was trying to walk in through the door and she was so big she couldn't fit through just one side of the double doors and they spent 15minutes looking for a key to open both doors just to get her in, then she sat just down the row from me and when I glanced over and thought her underskirt was hanging down a lot but then realised it was skirts of fat hanging down past her knees, it was heartbreaking. After the consultant did his big speech he told us all we now had a choice, we can start the diet now, this minute, no more last meals because that is just more weight to loose, and he would give us each the shakes and the support to change our lives or if anyone felt that it wasn't for them then they could walk away now and he would take them down to the chippy and he'd pay for the fish and chips for anyone that was happy just as they are. To my amazement fat underskirt woman was one of the people that went to the chippy!!! Needless to say I was first in the queue to get my bloods taken and get my hands on the lipotrim!! After 4 months on it I'd most of the weight, my biggest worry was that as soon as I started eating it would all go down hill again, but because you get used to having less and to not having taste on LT you find afterwards you don't binge and you don't crave sweet things or fatty things, you have to work hard to fight through and eat too much again. Unfortunately I'm here again because I got upset about a situation we were in and stopped thinking about tomorrow, lipotrim worked so well for me last time it's the best place for me again this time :) Even better now is so many people in places like this to help each other along :)

^ Underskirt woman went to the chippy??? Yikes. Well I guess there's no helping some people even when the opportunity to make a change is right under their nose! What a shame. Well at least you're here.. soon we'll all be in skinnyland together. :D

What a great story! Yes I can believe people are like that but good for u for going for it! How r u feeling on LT second time round? Xx

I came back from living abroad for 8 months and was met at the airport by someone I didn't recognize at first....it was my Mum except about 8 stone lighter! She had kept it all very quiet and I think surprising me had helped her stick to it for all that time. After not being able to make it around Disneyland Paris due to her weight with us as kids she now spends her week doing Pilates and playing tennis and even shopping for clothes which is something she never did when we were little. My Dad is a pharmacist so that makes getting Lipotrim a lot easier so me and my sister are trying to catch up with my Mum now who still looks pretty amazing! x

Aww that's really cool!! I'd love to surprise someone like that what a great feeling!! Well good luck and I'm sure with all the support u have ur going to do great :D xxx

My dad said to me on the sunday 'im going to the pharmacy tommorrow to start lipotrim, you gonna give it a go?' after he explained to me what it was i thought, why not, ill give it a bash, cant do me any harm. And it was the best decision i ever made! I thught i was stuck with my post pregnancy weight as i have tried everything to shift it, and in a matter of weeks im now lighter than before i had my son! I knew about Lighter Life as a friend did it a few years ago. I was put off because it didnt leave him with a healthy attitude towards carbs (as in, he is scared sh*tless to a them in case he puts weight on, so has ended up cutting out the whole food group) and its very expensive, i just couldnt afford it. Lpotrim is a realistic price as it doesnt cost much more than id usually spend on food. And i hadnt heard of any other VLCD before i joined minimins.

Wow, I'm so slow at replying, sorry :rolleyes:

Yep underskirt woman went to the chippy, I often think of her when I think of breaking a diet, funny what an inspiration she has proved to be I suppose! Haha, skinnyland, love it! We need a skinnyland thread I think for all those who have lost their weight to get their piccys up!

Tubbylove - 15lbs first week?!! That is amazing!! Well done :D
Lipotrim has been harder second time round because I think I imagined it being worse that it really was, sadly after two weeks I've had to take a break due to illness but have only gained 0.5lbs since re-feeding so hopefully I can maintain until I can get back on the wagon again :)

Back