WI 3 SOOO NOT HAPPY!!!!

soon2Byummymummy!

Silver Member
Well finally built up the courage to come on and post my week 3 weigh in people. i have been 100% on LT this week as you no even going to the cinema with my bottle of water in hand and all i have lost is a measley 2lb!! i'm gutted:mad::confused: and confused by such a poor weight loss. even so i have not broke from diet as i'm hoping for better next week.:cry::sigh:

However my mother is continuing to do brilliantly and has lost 8lb this week taking her to 27lb in three weeks!!!!;) which is awesome and i am so pleased for her. xxxx

You know what my trick is (because I loose very slowly) If you have tins in your cupboard (Beans etc) take two tins out and put them in one hand (stacked on top of one another) ... that is 2lb. Now if you convert that to fat. Not bad eh?

It is 2lb less of fat that we had last week. Besides we all have bad weeks and good!!

Keep going, your doing great!!!!

hey, 2lbs is a loss, please dont be discouraged, one week I lost 2lbs and thought "what the flip??!", but the week after I lost 4lb, I think it varies sometimes and can go up and down, other factors such as fluid retention, totm and toilet issues can be a contributing factor! Your doing so well! Congrats for your mum too, thats brill. I did this with my mum too and one week she lost 1lb and the week after she lost 7lb taking her to goal- so you never know! Keep your chin up hun :D

Thanks Becki for the support good way to look at it. i'll feel better and back on track in the morning. I would say after a good nights sleep but no such thing with a six month old. it's just disappointing when you been so good. And thanks jodie as well i won't give up i no it will balance out hopefully lose more next week lol

No probs. I frequently get annoyed with the loss but slow and steady wins the race!

Have a nice hot cup of tea (i find peppermint great) and have a nice early night.

xx

Hey hun, 2lb is a bag of sugar so well done for losing one.

I do know how you feel. When I was on this the first time I had low loss weeks (my chemist suggested once that I had cheated, honestly I hadn't!) but they were often followed by higher losses. I came on here once to whinge and, apart from a telling off for being negative, I was told it could be due to 2 things.
1. My body was putting up a fight to hang on to my fat and to keep going so my body lost the fight - I rather liked that idea!
2. My body was losing weight too quickly and was just trying to catch up with itself.

These theories were just ideas and, as far as I know, has no medical background but they kept me going.

Good luck for next week.

x

Hey

I know it's very easy to be discouraged by this, but, it's still two whole pounds of fat & really, over time, it seems to even out. I know last time I did TFR I only lost 1lb for two weeks running, but then I lost 6lbs the next, so overall I didn't do too badly!

Fingers crossed for a larger loss next week! Keep at it! Just think, if you weren't on LT you'd probably be gaining (well, I know I would, heh).

Hannah

There was osmeone on here that said 'the scales don't know it's weigh in day'. You'll have a better loss next and even at that, 2lbs is a good loss! 2lbs lighter in a week is still good! YOu and your mum are doing brilliantly- keep it up! :D

You're doing great, 2lb is absolutely fine, especially as you don't have masses t lose in the first place :)

don't be discouraged, it's 2lb more than you'd have lost without doing Lt, after all ;)

Er, dont expect big lossess all the time - its just not going to happen!!! 2lbs is nothing to be sniffed at!!!

You've just lost 2lbs of fat - thats 16sausages!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please dont get down about it - look at the bigger picture :)

Hi, just noticed we're the exact same start weight and height!

Looking at other peoples log's of week by week loss, it seems quite common to even go from 10lbs one week to 1lbs the next, even though they're sticking to it 100%.

I shouldn't worry as long as it evens out

Also, our time of the month can affect weight loss - are you due on? As our bodies tend to retain water around our monthly time.

Hi,
congrats on your weight loss, that is 16lb in 3 weeks, what a fab result. No more downers, ok!!! Congrats to your mom as well. Wishing you al the best for the coming week.
Doirin

Hey babes, I was not going to post anymore but seeing your post, I had to come on and type a few words for you.

We both started together and we both have been on the diet 100% with no cheating and we both did great on week one. I lost 8.4lbs and you lost 7.5lbs

Second week you did great again with 6.5lbs and I only lost 2.4lbs and I was soooo gutted I could not explain. However I felt and saw the difference in the mirror and my clothes so I carried on.

Third week again I only lost 2.4lbs and you 2lbs. The dissapointment you feel this week is exactly what I have been feeling for the past 2 weeks.

Do you know what the most important thing is? You can actually feel the loss even if it does not reflect on the scales. Dont rely on the scales but rely on how you feel and look in the mirror.

I know that the diet is now easier then it was when we started. If we stop now you know we will not be able to do it again. While we are on track keep at it.

Last edited:
Back