Wii and Exercise

Trijian

So I've just invested in a Wii with Wii Fit, certainly planning on getting my money's worth out of it.

Are there any other 'games' or such like I should look at getting? Any personal recommendations for it? I've been tempted by the Zumba games, just so I can try it out without embarrassing myself in a class!

Just seems like such a wide variety of choice for fitness games on the console, knew Wii fit was a good start, but not sure where else to go.

I am thinking of getting the Wii and Wii fit, have you got yours yet? If so how you getting on xx

i love the boxing ones! :D

A lot of people say they're not worth it etc cause they're not intensive enough and don't burn many calories etc.
However some of my mates when I was in college had wii fit and I love it - I thought if you're not easily motivated it's really good, what with all the progress reports etc and the variety of things you can do on it and feeling like you're working towards actual goals.
My personal favourite was the yoga :)

I've just got the Zumba for the Wii, so I'm going to be attempting to use to aid in the weight loss.

A friend of mine recommended the personal trainer fitness game, I might try that too, I don't know if anyone here has tried it?

I will be starting back on 1 January using the Wii Fit as I need to lose 88lbs as my niece is getting married in January 2013 and I want to look nice for her wedding. I find it hard to lose weight because I cant walk very far. Also I am thinking about joining the gym again so that i can go swimming and maybe using the gym a couple of times a week.
Dee

Last edited:
How are people getting on with the Wii and Wii fit? I've bought the Wii Fit Plus bundle and used it every day with Just Dance 3 and already lost 3lbs :D (in 3 days) I'll be using the Wii and workout type games while I lose a little bit more and then join the gym :)

Wii Fit & Exercise

Hi
One thing I would say is not to weigh yourself everyday as you will get frustrated when you gain weight. your weight changes all the time so one day you could be down a pound or two and then than the next day have gained. I will be only weighing myself every two weeks.
Dee

Weighing daily can be pro-active IF You keep a note of your losses through the month - so every day log your weight, then you'll SEE the overall losses for the week / month total up. It is true you can gain in a day when you've done nothing wrong but that is just a fluctuation and often followed by a loss. :)
I am a daily weigher - if I don't weigh daily I don't pay attention to my weight - just my way unfortunately.

Am guilty of playing easy things on my Wii for fun but when you want exercise out of it it does work, anything that increases your heart rate will work. :) I like the just dance (there is a challenge you can set up to make yourself 'burn' so much in a few days), and also the boxing. On the Wii fit I think weighing in is beneficial and the balance games and the strength training works well too for me. :)

Having a target to hit per day would work I'd have thought - like when you go to the gym, everyone can go to the gym and leave with perfect make-up or they can leave covered in sweat.. if you play the Wii and make yourself sweat then that is better than playing it and just having fun. :) maybe the fun could be a reward for the sweat? lol

Thanks for the tips - will have a look for that.
Anyone use 'the biggest loser' on Wii? Any good? i love the programme and am sticking to my diet while it's on to try and motivate myself, thought the game/fitness aspect might help.

Did 30 mins on the wii fit boxing tonight.. damn it's hard! lol

Thanks for the tips - will have a look for that.
Anyone use 'the biggest loser' on Wii? Any good? i love the programme and am sticking to my diet while it's on to try and motivate myself, thought the game/fitness aspect might help.

Did 30 mins on the wii fit boxing tonight.. damn it's hard! lol
I love The Biggest Loser too - new series tonight - yippee!!
Haven't tried the game - pre-owned in my local Game store - nearly bought it last week, but figured that with my Wii Fit, WiiFit Plus, Wii Active 2 - there's just not enough time for them all lol
Even the wii fits have taken a back seat since I got the Wii Active - I do that 4 times a week, some walking, and my son got Just Dance 3 for Christmas, so been on that a bit too!

I've been doing the weekly challenge on the JD3 at the highest level - it makes you sweat doesn't it?! I'm going to my local game on Thursday so will look out for Wii Active 2 and Biggest Loser so can let you know how the game is at the weekend, hopefully will make me sweat more :D

I must agree EASports Active 2 is a great buy. You can use different ready made workouts or customise your own, and as has been said, it's a bargain for 8-9 pounds.

I have both the biggest loser games, heaven knows why I got the second one as I hated the first! I much prefer Sports Active, i have the original one. You really sweat with Zumba, but it wrecked my knees and I never seemed to unlock anything on it so I got bored.

Back