WII Fit Plus

Have been thinking about putting this on my christmas list - now am confused - Wii active or wii fit plus? Have already got the wii fit how is the wii fit plus better?

Help? Very confused now! :)

Sweetheart - I walked the pain off eventually, think I just tried to push myself a little bit too hard, going to take it a bit easier this week! Haven't managed to beat my record though!

Munchasaur - I've asked for the Wii Active for my Christmas, but I do enjoy the Wii Fit Plus! It has some extra games (about 15 maybe?), including snowball fights and marching band leading! It also tells you how many calories you are burning for each game, as well as the usual time! You can also follow routines, either making up your own or ones the game gives you - although I don't know much about these as I haven't tried them yet!

WiiFit plus is also multiplayer unlike the WiiFit. You buy another game -- not the whole system. Someone wrote that it was less than 20 pounds at Tescos. The Active is another exercise thing -- you use with the WiiFit to change things up a bit. I got the plus and am using it -- and Santa will bring me the Active. (As I am trying very hard to be a good girl and do my exercise.)

MM

Maybe I can get away with asking for both if they both work with the wii fit and the balance board. Have just purchased some nordic walking poles so if I do that too - should spice things up a bit in the exercise department.

Must admit I don't like the trainers on the wii fit so tend not to do the "exercises", but I do like the wiimees so I mainly use it for the jogging etc (accompanied by the children of course), so something that would accommodate more than 1 player sounds really appealing).

We have some fun battling on the multiplayer setting, its good to see little crowns on top of the mii's heads.
Just ordered the EASA today so I cant give you a comparision for that.
I mainly ordered the wii fit + due to wrecking the disc of wii fit, but I do enjoy the routines and the set workouts. I find it motivating to get through the muscle workouts to play some snowball fighting.
27minutes this morning burned approx 86cals.
I think anything that gets my butt off of the sofa and moving is a bonus.

Am with you there sweetheart - I wasn't one for the gym - get this - I park my car right outside the gym and the whole time I had membership I didn't go in once. Gym routines were the things I had to do when my OH played the guilt card at weekends about how much money I was spending on membership and by the way could I bring him up a cup of tea before I got out of bed to do my hour at the gym... Needless to say, it fell by the wayside.

The wiifit is certainly getting me being more active. It's so easy to come home, put the kettle on, feed the kids then settle down in front of the telly with a cuppa. I reckoned if I got home fed the kids then still spent my time with the telly, only a bit more interactively - I was bound to be better off.

I can't always get to the telly first, but I've certainly tried to get to it whenever I can. Do you do the same time every day? The wiifit is always saying you should do the body test at the same time - but (can't believe I'm going to say this), it needs to get into the real world. Busy working mums can't always find the time to do the body test at the same time every day - it should be happy I'm doing it at all.

Whilst I'm having a rant, might as well get this off my chest as well - what's with the sarcasm you get with it? If I want sarcasm I've got a husband to provide that and work colleagues - I don't want to be bullied by a computer generated speech bubble, and why does it keep asking me how I think other members of my family are getting on? I'm not interested in them - they are bean poles, I'm the one needs the help in my family in the getting weight off my body department. It's enough to make a girl want to go out and eat chocolate..... :)

Rant over - feel better now!

Hi Munchasaur,

I am glad that I am not the only one who feels hassled by the WiiFitPlus. lol

MM

I take no notice of it when it talks rubbish at me. Just step all over it when get stressed lol.

Did little bit this morn the Tummy, Indulgence and Leaner Mii workouts. Took 21minutes and burned 77cal, so happy with that. Though not with my weight this morning.
I did it totally naked so knew my clothes weight would be right. So I've put on and I'm not happy. OH just got me an absolutely stunning slinky blue dress for my birthday and I refuse to look fat in it! So must work harder!

Have a good day everyone.
Will be doing free-step later today.

Sweetheart,

It sounds like you ahve some good motivation. I am hoping to find some of that myself.

MM

I have the wii fit plus too and love it! I love the routines, and have been doing 30+ mins a day on it for the last week! Came back from swimming tonight and have just done 35 mins - my legs are aching already - not a good sign for tomorrow! :p

I think I may get the wii active as I could do with doing a slightly harder one every other night I think! :)

Hi everyone, how are you all?

Missed my morning chance to go on the wii fit plus so will need to fit it in sometime. Maybe when dd2 goes to pre-school if I get time. I dont like missing days incase it spirals and then I lose all motovation for doing it.
Had a chocolate bar with my tea at 10am so that's my goal to work off the calories from that (thankfully only 90kcal so shouldnt be too long) and then make a good boost for the day.
That blue dress deserves a slimmer me wearing it.
Had my hair cut yest so need to update my mii lol

Free-step
2017steps in 20mins (66cal)

and did the jogging island lap 6mins, 34cal.

So not quite got my 30minutes but have worked off my choc bar.

Well done Sweetheart! I have ordered the WiiFit "My Fitness Coach" and the Personal Trainer Walking for the DS. I am going to have a "get fit" Christmas. lol

MM

I've got My Fitness Coach aswel and must say I havent used her much lately, I got annoyed when she "lost the beat" and I'd have to wait for her to catch me up lol but did find her good as its never the same twice (although can feel similar). Hope you enjoy it.

Just done 40 mins freestep (30 mins then a 10) 3989 steps burning 184 cals and then 1819 super hula hoops.

Training for January!

Enough for one day!

Been good today too, and did my wii fit earlier, my 5 year old son was "helping" me and decided after I had done 20 mins of the routine I had combined ( was meant to be doing 35mins) that he would get another controller and turn the whole wii off because he wanted a go... I could have killed him! So I set him up colouring and started another 34 min routine - I wanted my 30 mins on my graph! :)

So thanks to him I did 55 mins and now aching from the muscle work outs!

Nice one Sue, how did you manage all that stepping without falling asleep, even when watching tv 20minutes is my bordem threshold.
CambsCrafter - you have the free-step on wii-plus along with the workouts, you need to go into the door bit on your calendar screen and its in there. (or come to my house and I'll show you! lol)

Well, I hope everyone has a good day. Not going for the steps or hoops today just get my 30minutes minimum and aim to work off 100cals.

Back