Wii fit plus

BubblyPenguin

Recovering Foodaholic
Congrats Debra,

I remember when I was so totally psyched to no longer be obese (having been either very overweight or obese for 13 years). It is great feeling, no? I am now looking forward to having a healthy BMI again (and getting that darned WiiFitPlus off my case!). Well Done.

MM

Sory MM I pinched this from another thread! (Apologies if this is deemed as OT- I've lost the plot with all that stuff)

Does anyone have Wiifit+ after having Wii fit? How does it compare to the original, or I do I keep plodding with the one I have? Is there alot of new content?

Clare xx

Hi Clare,

I think exercise and CD go hand in hand to create a healthier you, so I think it is still On-topic. I bought the WiiFitPlus Software (you do not need a new board, it works with what you have). It is very good because you do not have to "unlock things", you can play multiplayer, it tracks calories burned, etc. There is going to be an after Christmas WiiFitPlus challenge (hula hoops and free steps)... I am supposed to be training for it now! It is also very bad, because it makes your Mii look like you (mine got chubbier when I stepped on the board) and it tells you what you SHOULD weigh (it told me 129 lbs). And, let's not even discuss what my fitness age is!!! I guess the truth really does hurt. LOL

MM

Haha, I like to see the chubby Mii I have slowly getting smaller! Oh cool on the challenge- think I'll look into the game. I've not been very good at being consistent I'm afraid, but I really need a routine as I get closer to goal. After all it is a lifestyle change that is gonna keep me there! I like the multiplayer idea, might just be able to get OH off his butt and away from the computer!!! He won't need an excuse about it being too cold outside!

I really want to enter the Race for Life this year and run it so I need to get my fitness levels up now. I've decided I love running now that my knees don't feel like they're gonna buckle!!! I'm also looking into interval training as it's supposed to be the best to compliment weight loss. So I keep doing little things like running down the corridors at work (even if the children aren't allowed!!!) and between buildings as it's helping to raise my metabolism! (Anything that will let me eat more when I get to goal has to be worth it! hehe)

I love wii fit plus so many little extras I have been on it everyday since buying mine and everyone in the house gets involved so its helping us all. God forbid fatty mummy is top at anything I am at the top of hula hooping for 5 mins before someone comes along and knocks me off lol. Its worth the buy it was £15 in tesco a few weeks ago.

Hi KerryBerry and Clare,

I want something for exercise that is not dependant on getting to class or having a workout buddy. So, this should be ideal for me. I think I need to start getting up earlier (before DD) and getting going on it. Make it a part of my daily routine. There is a philosophy that says if you can do something for 30 days that it becomes a "habit". I need "good" habits. So, let's train up -- it sounds like KerryB is already getting her Hula skills up... you'll need to add the free steps, too.
There is also something called "My Personal Trainer" -- I think they make it for the WiiFit... if they do, that might be good for the interval training. I'll google it.

MM

I have the personal trainer, it's more like a aerobic workout- it follows your stats.measurements that you have to input. It does work on muscle/cardio/weightloss etc even has yoga but to be honest I found it pretty dull, or just not my cup of tea. Reckon I'm gonna buy WFplus tomorrow, hopefully Morrisons will have a copy and I can use my discount woohoo!

I have did an hour before I am a celeb and burned 300 cals by doing different routines with my personal trainer a bit of boxing, yoga, muscle workout and general messing around it really goes quick

SueinSpain -- has proposed a WiiFitPLus challenge for the New Year. It'll be hula hoops and free steps. So, I am supposed to be "training" for the challege. I hope both BP (Clare) and KB (is your name Kerry) will train up and join in. It should be good fun (and motivational).
It probably was the "Fitness Coach" I was thinking about.

My friend, Jen, recommended something that you link to your DS that counts steps. She gets up, showers, dresses and puts on the pedometer. Then she follows her "plan". She started with a goal of 3,000 steps and it has really upped on her. She is now going for early vening walks with her daughter in order to meet her goal. She says she really likes it.

MM (MinnieMel aka Melissa)

I'm up for a WF challenge, I need my butt kicked into gear! And there's a lot of butt to kick! ha

I hear ya' CG... when I haul *ss I have to make three trips! lol

I like the hula hoop thing! Loving the game- not sure I'll do the free steps as it's interval I really want to go for and the short bursts of activity really work for fat loss! OOh cycling- that is mental- I was terrible and don't even get me on skateboarding haha. Love the multiplayer idea- hopefully get OH moving his butt! All my data is transfered and my lovely WF board has confirmed I'm overweight and in the 11s WOOOOOHHOOOOOO!

Oh can see how the bird flapping will be great for my bingo wings! I was terrible! Lots of practice there methinks!

Ah Clare, You will probably kick *ss doing the steps in the challenge if you working out in any fashion. It is fun to watch the men hula. Really fun!

MM

Cycling?!!? How??

Cycling... I need to see this. This ought to be more fun to watch than hula hooping!

I am up for the challenge, I am trying to get an hour in everyday at the moment I am aching from the weekends work outs of sit ups. I love the cycling one it makes my calves burn, my favs are boxing and kung fu, I am also now trying to get into the yoga stuff.

i love the wii fit plus i dont have any special routine for it but like to burn of a piece of cake's worth of cals :) xx

Urgh sit ups are the work of the devil!! When I went for my induction at the gym last week he decided to turn it into a personal training session almost I think as it was only me there. He made me do 20 sit ups, 20 crunches, 20 reverse crunches and 15 of each sideways curl! That was on top of all the other stretching, cardio and resistance training he did with me! Was a bit over an hour and then I stupidly went back in too! I did tell him before I did the sit ups that I hate them and I'm not good at those kind of things at all. But he was quite nice and afterwards complimented me saying that I apparently do them very well. I'm trying to do them on the days I don't get to the gym, but I'm really not a fan!! So kudos to you Kerry doing them when you didn't have anyone there making you!

Back