Wii/Wii fit - worth the money?

eatlessweighless

Hi all!

I have decided to take the plunge and move over from CD to SW, as I want to exercise and learn to eat properly from now until goal.

However, I was thinking about getting a wii/wii fit, but just wanted your opinions on whether you think they are worth the money. I don't have any children, so it would literally just be me using it.

I am so faddy with things, and I just need extra justification to spend :D

Thank you in advance!!

Theresa x

cool what a good thread, we had something along these lines before and everyone with one said they were worth it. would be good to see now if the novility has worn off or not

id love one but not been able to find one anywhere... i have had ago tho and they are good fun, much better than just wii sport!! good luck if you find one let me know where :p

Good fun great gimmick :D.Had one we all used it for about two weeks then novelty ran out and iv just sold it for £80:D, i made £30 on it but it sat being unused for two months so all in all a great buy for me.

But for fitness id say dont bother ,buy it for the novelty factor and have fun .But not to get fit on as although great at first becomes very samey and boring

The value for money really depends on you. I thought I wanted one but when I thought about it more seriously I knew I would use it a few times then I would just never have the time or inclination to plug it in! If you are a faddy person I would say don't bother.

What I do recommend however, is finding some structured activity that you can't easily 'not bother' with. I do karate and kickboxing and the times are determined by my academy and not whether or not I can be bothered to go. It really helps if you don't have the motivation to go to the gym!

We bought one and havent used it for bout three months! xxx

ahh you see this is what i thought would happen, my partner was going to buy me one for my birthday but i told him to get me my new tattoo instead cos im too lazy and knew i wouldnt use it....just going to wait till they come down in price and then get one to try i think

i have one but rarely use it to exercise now, just use the scales on it really

:sigh: I knew this would be the case.

Ah well, at least i haven't wasted £300. I already run and cycle, so it was just for something else to do really. I know I wouldn't be gaming on it, so it would just have been for the wii fit.

Thank you for everyone that replied, I think I shall save the money for new clothes when I get to goal :D:D

Theresa x

I don't have a wii in the first place, so the bundle would have been £300, that was why I wanted to canvass opinion first!

Theresa x

my teenagers got one for xmas and love it...but been trying to get the wifit board but no luck... its ridiculous really, I bet they come out at xmas and cost a fortune!

Back