"Will my crash diet kill me?"

hi Mrs T , who reped me from this page , unsure who you are , but thanks , and your little message was well funny lol

Hi all

Just wanted to let people know that it is me that will be on the program on wednesday on the cambridge diet. As far as I am aware, I am the only one on this (definitely on my program - not sure of the week after but I really don't think so). There are another 2 diets being looked at this week, the cabbage soup and the maple syrup so it will be a mix of all 3 stories.

I have absolutely no idea how it is going to be edited and am really nervous about it all!!! Just wanted to let you know as there are a few things people have said that I am not sure if true :)

Hope it all looks ok in the end but it was a very difficult journey for me for a lot of reasons - many that I don't think will make the edit but I have to keep reminding myself that I did it to keep me motivated over the xmas period and that worked. When I found out the title of the program I was mortified and wanted to pull out of the program completely but was told that it was just a title to get people watching (which must be working) but after reading the blurb, I'm not so sure :(

Thanks x

n - are you allowed to say how much you lost on CD, or how long you were on it for. I'm intrigued how they will portray these weight loss programmes, however it surely has to be in a better light than the other 2 you mentioned.

Personally, I loved CD and now w8, they work for me. :)

Hi Nicky - I don't see why not, I was filmed right at the beginning and for 7 1/2 weeks and I lost 29 lbs. One of those weeks I lost it completely (not a filmed one) and spent the whole week pretty much eating rubbish so I know I could have done a lot better. I still have a hell of a lot to lose - had about 8 stone to lose, so about 6 now.

To be honest, what has happened since has been so stressful for me that I wish I never did it, but I can't change the past - only see how I am put across but I have been told that production companies make a characateur out of you rather than true personality so think am ready for it :)

regardless if its shown in positive or negitive light, if it shows weight loss in any way then i bet there will be a big rise in the amount of people joining the CD. lol

well to be honest - my story ends up not in the best light for cambridge but purely because of their own doing :( before they got involved, I had lost weight and was all for the diet

but they say there is no such thing as bad publicity and think they still come off better than the other 2 - will have to wait and see!

The Channel 4 web site is not giving very much away.
Very brave of you to get involved. You can only tell it as it is.

Hi Mac123 - thanks although I did what was to be a pilot show only (not for broadcast) as I have/had no want to be on tv - this was to be used to get it commissioned and that would have been me done - but it got commissioned for Jan instead of summer as originally going for so they wanted people from pilot to be involved so they could have a few weeks rather than a couple of weeks. My arm was twisted and wish had gone with gut instinct to not do it - but ah well :)

The worst bit is me in my underwear - when I did it I didn't think anyone but production company would see - I hate my body and am dreading everyone seeing that lol!!!

Well you in your pants is nearly 60 lb's ago!!! So not even the same person! You should take photo now (for you own viewing) and compare it to the telle! Bet you'll feel better then!! :)
P.S. We won't look, promise

ncassidy -- Thanks for doing this. If one person who is morbidly obese sees how brave you are and thinks "If she can so this, so can I" -- you may very well have saved a life. You will have certainly made one better. And, you in your undies... so what -- you are not the only person who would rather not be seen in their undies (and, frankly, I wonder about people who do want to be seen in their undies).

We will be watching sympathetically and, as many of us are doing CD, we should be able to sort fact from fiction.

MinnieMel

ncassidy -- Thanks for doing this. If one person who is morbidly obese sees how brave you are and thinks "If she can so this, so can I" -- you may very well have saved a life. You will have certainly made one better. And, you in your undies... so what -- you are not the only person who would rather not be seen in their undies (and, frankly, I wonder about people who do want to be seen in their undies).

We will be watching sympathetically and, as many of us are doing CD, we should be able to sort fact from fiction.

MinnieMel

Here Here - you are incredibly brave, it takes people like you to inspire others and I certainly admire you for giving it a go. I know how the diet feels on a daily basis and what those tough days are like. Good luck on the rest of your weight loss journey, are you going to continue with CD or choose another route? Whatever you choose, stick with this site, it really is the most supportive place I know. :)

Thanks minniemel, nicki and mac123 (by the way I wish it was 60lbs, but was just the 29!!)

That was another reason - I wanted to show that health is important & needs to be taken seriously & the side effects of any vlcd were far outweighed by the health risks of me being my size. With me, I exercise a lot (or did before I broke my ankle & had to slow down). The issue with doing ss+ was I was told I wasn't allowed to do a workout (I was only doing 1 personal training session per week which was down from 6 intensive workouts before the diet). My goals are all fitness related (I play womens football) and so I had to take the decision that I didn't want to give up the exercise to do the diet which meant unfortunately stopping Cambridge. I was gutted as I was doing well on it and didn't have a bad word to say about it (I had been doing this 1 workout for 5 weeks before being told to stop) and so it just ended up being a shame that it turned so bitter :( the story gies a lot deeper but that's why I don't know how my story will be shown!! Hopefully people will still see the benefits (especially if exercise isn't a factor initially) and help some out - nic x

It's on!!

I don't like that doc already lol

It's annoying me already, that there putting cd as a diet like the bloody cabbage diet!! Arghh when we explain about our diets now people will think even worse!

Back