Will running really help me lose??

Lauratheloop

Silver Member
Hi all

I'm thinking of ditching my gym membership because I only really use it 3 days a week whilst I'm at work.... I'm thinking of trying running outside or the C25k App ???

What I'm worried about though is will I be getting a diverse enough work out to lose weight, tone etc??

I'm up for doing other forms of out doors exercise or maybe a DVD first thing in morning but it's I don't want to ditch the membership if running won't help me lose and tone

Im currently 214lbs so 15st 4lbs or there abouts..... All suggestions more than welcome

Xxx

Lauratheloop said:
Hi all

I'm thinking of ditching my gym membership because I only really use it 3 days a week whilst I'm at work.... I'm thinking of trying running outside or the C25k App ???

What I'm worried about though is will I be getting a diverse enough work out to lose weight, tone etc??

I'm up for doing other forms of out doors exercise or maybe a DVD first thing in morning but it's I don't want to ditch the membership if running won't help me lose and tone

Im currently 214lbs so 15st 4lbs or there abouts..... All suggestions more than welcome

Xxx

I used to do c25k and didn't enjoy running at all, I now do kettleworx and love it that really tones x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi all

Xxx

Running is great exercise as it burns high calories, gets you out adn feels great when fit but the downside is wear and tear. I like running which is why I do it. I did wait until I was under 14st before recommencing running as the strain on ligaments etc I thought was too much and studies in Australia prove this as well as running slowly (aka jogging) is counterproductive, you are better running.

However, C25k is really about priming you for the demands of running. I dont think it compares as well for building fitness, toning or burning calories as other forms including ;

- kettlebells e.g kettleworx
- body pump or body combat
- short but high intensity workouts 20-30mins with minimal pauses between exercises

I use a combination of exercise inc the gym and running as well as SW diet. But these are things I like doing and thats key -do you really like and want to run?

Its hard to motivate yourslef for a run when its raining and windy, you feel tired and you actually dont like doing it...

So what are your goals/timeframe? Do you have a gym buddy/partner and what do you like doing exercise wise?

Back