- Willowsquest Total Solution Diary -

Morning everyone, what a lovely day today really does boost the mood. x

Got lots to do today and not enough time. Childrens party today for all of my children will avoid the buffet and maybe perform some stunts on the bouncy castle as I am a little less bouncy myself :)

Then off to weigh my dad as he has been on WS this week really hope its a good loss but not sure what WS 1st weeks are like. I know his evening meals haven't been perfect finding it really hard to make my mum understand the no carbs thing. She did him gravy one night, beans another, chops, tomatoes, butter sauce another, it seems she wants him to lose weight but thinks he won't stick with it if his food is bland.

Got an essay to write about The Benin Bronzes for my OU degree as well, not too much to cram in lol.

Hope everyone has a lovely day. Xx

Not much to do today then! Enjoy the party. How about some pics of you on the bouncy castle?

Benin Bronzes, cant help you there LOL.

Hope your day is going to plan. You can work off quite a few calories on that bouncy castle Willow xx

Afraid I can't help either! Are you doing a History of Art course?

Afraid I can't help either! Are you doing a History of Art course?

Hi Lynne, no pics of me on bouncy castle sadly not very dignified poses :) I am doing a degree in Design and Innovation with a Arts pathway the current module is Arts Past and Present. Chose to cover the arts to broaden my horizons, which it's doing but is very tough going. x

Benin Bronzes, cant help you there LOL.

Hope your day is going to plan. You can work off quite a few calories on that bouncy castle Willow xx

Lost a few calories and some dignity :) I can't help myself either on the Benin topic still need started it.

Your degree sounds interesting. How long are you doing it over?

Your degree sounds interesting. How long are you doing it over?

It's supposed to be part time so should take a minimum of 6 years continuous if I choose to have any time off could take a few more years. I am currently working a little faster than that so may do it quicker. It is very interesting and has introduced me to lots of things I wouldn't of encountered in my everyday life. Really glad I went for it, so far ;-)

How much does it cost to do an OU degree?

How much does it cost to do an OU degree?

Its around £2500 per 60 point module you need 300 points for a degree and 360 for an honours degree. I paid using a part time student loan, I don't have to make any payments until 2016 and then only if earning above £21,000, even then payment is graduated depending on income. I could never of afforded it otherwise :)

It's very expensive then if you have to fund yourself!

It is expensive cheaper than normal university, think it was about £500 a module before the government increased tuition fees. I think most people can get help with funding though and the loan is wiped out if not paid in 30 years. Repayments are also taken out of your salary before tax so you don't lose that on top so better than a bank loan.

Lost a few calories and some dignity :) I can't help myself either on the Benin topic still need started it.

Once you get a few ideas down they will start rolling in Willow.

Hope your day is going well x

Once you get a few ideas down they will start rolling in Willow.

Hope your day is going well x

I have got stuck in now and have something that resembles an essay so I am feeling positive, now just got to review and edit it.

:eek:

Afternoon folks,

Had a good TS day yesterday and feeling good today, my desire to eat has increased over the last week. I have put this down to me being under the weather and increasing my exercise so I have cut the exercise the last few days to try and re-gain my focus, seems to be helping. Going to start again once my cold has shifted.

Starting to really appreciate the weight loss now little things like looking at my legs and thinking they are someone else's or managing another notch on my belt, I generally don't feel so monstrous when out and about and am starting to be more confident in social scenarios.

Hope everyone is having a good day and all those struggling with poor health are on the mend.:)

Noticed a few of you are using pedometers to count your daily steps, which ones do you have? I had a look but there is a huge range and vary substantially in cost. Is it worth spending more?

Hi Willow. Can't beat moving down a notch on that belt. Good feeling eh.

Very wise to ease up on the exercise till you are over your cold, don't wont it to get worse.

I have the Omron pedometer. There are lots of reviews on Amazon so worth taking a look. I use it everyday & there is a step challenge on here that you could join if you wanted too. It does encourage you to walk that little bit more xx

Hope your desire to eat goes away soon!
Its times like that that makes this diet so hard.
Plough on through and you will get there, especially as you are starting to feel better too!

Well done x

Back