WinkOfPink_ Food Diary.

I'm craving chicken and fish so much at the moment!! Your dinner sounds lovely :D

Hey Mini's, I've been stalking the internet tonight looking for some SW friendly desserts that are low in syns. My friend is thinking of joining, so I thought i'd have a go at some puddings for her to try. If anybody can recommend any, they will be greatly appreciated, as I know some of them can be a little hit and miss! Lol x x

Wednesday 16th Jan 2013

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed
(SF) = SuperFree

Today is an Green day

Breakfast:
Fruit and Fibre(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA) and Banana.
Cup of tea, Skimmed milk(HxA)

Lunch:
Mullerlight Coconut
Douwe Egberts Caramel Coffee, Skimmed milk(HxA)

Dinner:
Youngs Large Cod Fillet Breadcrumbs(HxB+4 syns), Actifry Chips(0.5 syns) and Mushy Pea's(SS)

Snacks:
Douwe Egberts Roasted Hazelnut Coffee, Skimmed Milk(HxA)
Fruit Scone(8 syns), Strawb Jam(1 syn)

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy A: 350ml Skimmed Milk x2
Healthy B: 35g Fruit & Fibre, 142g Cod

Daily Syns: 13.5/15
Weekly Syns: 20.5/105

Last edited:
I'm craving chicken and fish so much at the moment!! Your dinner sounds lovely
biggrin.gif

Thanks hun:)!

Awww I feel guilty sharing my tea on here, when your craving!

I'm really loving fish at the moment! I wasn't a big fan of the boxed breaded cod, but we tried our own cod made with Paxo breadcrumbs last week and while it was nice, there wasn't much difference in syns and it requires a lot more effort!! Lol xx

Haha don't be daft! I am wavering a little over the full vegetarian thing. I think in my mind I know that in just under 2 months I'm going to be trying different stuff on holiday. I've had a few people ask me about why I'm a vegetarian too recently and it is a tough one, coz I really don't know. Hmmmm, something to think about. It's that bloody M & S ad ;)

I miss puddings. Nothing ever seems worth the syns or isn't veggie :rolleyes:

A Mullerlight for lunch missus?? :eek: Lol.x
YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!:D Lol…

I tried the Melting Chocolate Pudding from the SW website and it looked nothing like the picture… actually it didn't look edible!! Lol although I did use half the recipe to make 2 servings instead of 4, but I can't see that changing it as it's individual servings. I just kind of poked it… then transferred it straight to the bin!! Lol

I know, i'm just never hungry at Lunch:confused:, I try to at least have fruit and yoghurt, but i'm never hungry enough for a "proper" meal xx

YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!:D Lol…

I tried the Melting Chocolate Pudding from the SW website and it looked nothing like the picture… actually it didn't look edible!! Lol although I did use half the recipe to make 2 servings instead of 4, but I can't see that changing it as it's individual servings. I just kind of poked it… then transferred it straight to the bin!! Lol

I know, i'm just never hungry at Lunch:confused:, I try to at least have fruit and yoghurt, but i'm never hungry enough for a "proper" meal xx

If you're not hungry there's no point in eating. I just couldn't survive on a yogurt lol. But then I can happily go without breakfast. I only eat breakfast before work because of the job I have - requires a lot of energy. But if I'm up early on a non-work day I don't care!

That's not good about the chocolate puddings :confused:

Haha don't be daft! I am wavering a little over the full vegetarian thing. I think in my mind I know that in just under 2 months I'm going to be trying different stuff on holiday. I've had a few people ask me about why I'm a vegetarian too recently and it is a tough one, coz I really don't know. Hmmmm, something to think about. It's that bloody M & S ad ;)
It's funny you said that actually, there's a blog I follow and the site owner never actually stated she was a vegetarian, but didn't eat meat and followed lots of vegan recipes etc. Just before Christmas she decided to re-introduce meat back into her diet and writes about how she feels you should listen to your body and what it wants.
I'm a big believer in listening to your body, if your craving chicken/fish etc, give your body what it wants! Lol E.g. M&S onion bhaji topped cod;) Haha!

I think it's a personal decision, unless you have strict views against eating meat, then I don't see any problem in you starting to eat fish/meat again, you wouldn't be judged for it, it's entirely down to the individual. There are lot's of people who choose not to eat red/white meat, fish etc and don't label themselves "vegetarian","vegan" etc.

I hope I make sense, it's just my two cents on it anyway lol:)

I'm such a grazer when it comes to Lunch, always picking at fruit and yoghurts, my mum's always lecturing me to have a "proper" Lunch and I do when i'm hungry, but like you said there's not much point eating when your not hungry. Breakfast is something I can never go without, I always wake up starving and i'd never survive the day without it!! Lol xx

Thursday 17th Jan 2013

(SF) = SuperFree

Today is an Extra Easy day

Breakfast:
Porridge(HxB), Sweetener(HxA) and 1tsp Honey(1 syn)

Lunch:
Mullerlight Vanilla & Frozen Summer Berries
Douwe Egberts Caramel Coffee, Skimmed milk(HxA)

Dinner:
Chicken & Egg Fried Rice,
Onion(S)(SF), Marrowfat Pea's(S), Egg, Soy Sauce,
75ml Mayflower Curry Sauce(3 syns)

Snacks:
Douwe Egberts Roasted Hazelnut Coffee, Skimmed Milk(HxA)
Fruit Scone(8 syns), Strawb Jam(1 syn)

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy A: 350ml Skimmed Milk
Healthy B: 35g Porridge Oat's

Daily Syns: 13/15
Weekly Syns: 33.5/105

Hey Lovely's! When I was looking for dessert recipes last night, I came across quite a few chocolate mousse recipes that were recommended for cake/cheesecake fillings, so I thought i'd try to re-create my favourite Forrest Fruits Cheesecake!

136a899c-de9e-4991-928d-057f1b00867f_zpsea88c26c.jpg

Mini White Chocolate Cheesecake

Syns: 1HxB+2 or 5 syns

Ingredients:

Alpen Light Choc & Fudge(HxB or 3 syns)
Options Wicked White Choc(2 syns)
250g Quark
Sweetener
Vanilla Extract
Defrosted Frozen Berries

Method:
- Place the Alpen Light in a bowl and heat for 10-20 seconds in microwave.
- Using a circle pastry cutter or small bowl, flatten the warmed Alpen bar to the base.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Quark, Options sachet, Vanilla extract and sweetener.
- Top the base with the Quark mixture until it is level with the top of your pastry cutter. (Or you can add half the mixture, then a layer of fruit, then the remaining Quark)
- Allow the cheesecake to set in the fridge for a couple of hours, until ready to eat.
- Remove the ring carefully and then decorate with your choice of toppings, then you are ready to serve!

Last edited:
Friday 18th Jan 2013

(SF) = SuperFree

Today is a Green day

Breakfast:
2 Weetabix(HxB), Banana(SF), Skimmed milk(HxA)

Lunch:
Mullerlight Vanilla & Frozen Berries(SS)(SF)
DE Hazelnut Coffee, Skimmed milk(HxA)

Dinner:
Frylight fried egg, Actifry chips(1 syn) and lots of Vinegar!
1x Hovis Wholemeal(HxB)

Hartley's Blackcurrant Jelly(0.5 syns)
I made up a sachet of Hartley's blackcurrant no added sugar jelly in wine glasses for dessert. Delicious and only half a syn each!

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy A: 350ml Skimmed Milk x2
Healthy B: 2 Weetabix & Wholemeal bread

Daily Syns: 1.5/15
Weekly Syns: 35/105

Saturday 19th Jan 2013

(SF) = SuperFree

Today is a Extra Easy day

Breakfast:
Fruit & Fibre(HxB), Banana(SF), Skimmed milk(HxA)

Lunch:
1 Slice Hovis Wholemeal(4.5 syns), ½tsp Utterly Butterly(½ syn), 1tsp Lemon Curd(1 syn)
DE Hazelnut Coffee, Skimmed milk(HxA)

Dinner:
Chicken Tikka Massala
Chicken breasts, Onions(S)(SF), Garlic(SF), Red Chilli(S)(SF), Tomatoes(S)(SF), Passata(S)(SF), VLF Natural Yogurt, Fromage Frais, Tikka Powder, Cumin.
Served with boiled rice and a few chips(0.5 syn)

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy A: 375ml Skimmed Milk
Healthy B: 35g Fruit & Fibre

Daily Syns: 6.5/15
Weekly Syns: 41.5/105

When I was looking for dessert recipes last night, I came across quite a few chocolate mousse recipes that were recommended for cake fillings, so I thought i'd try to recreate my favourite Forrest Fruits Cheesecake.

Mini White Chocolate Cheesecake

4D6058A3-3400-4CA7-94FD-C5BE7E729EAA-340-0000002D62FA711C_zps592b75b3.jpg

50F2C420-E39B-4ECB-A512-38F733344B44-340-0000002D5D9AB64B_zps29731d08.jpg

Ingredients:

Options Wicked White Choc(2 syns)
250g Quark
Sweetener
Vanilla Extract
Defrosted Frozen Berries

Method:
- Using a circle pastry cutter or small bowl, flatten the warmed Alpen bar to the base.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Quark, Options sachet, Vanilla extract and sweetener.
- Top the base with the Quark mixture until it is level with the top of your pastry cutter. (Or you can add half the mixture, then a layer of fruit, then the remaining Quark)
- Allow the cheesecake to set in the fridge for a couple of hours, until ready to eat.
- Remove the ring carefully and then decorate with your choice of toppings, then you are ready to serve!

OMG im going to make this and eat it all to myself!!! xx

Sunday 20th Jan 2013

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

(SF) = SuperFree

Today is a Extra Easy day

Breakfast:
Porridge(½ HxB*),Banana(SF) and 1tsp Honey(1 syn)
* Only ate half of my porridge this morning as I wasn't feeling too good. Had an Alpen light bar in the afternoon as I only used half my HxB.

Alpen Light Chocolate & Fudge(HxB)
DE Caramel Coffee, Skimmed milk(HxA)
Pear(S)(SF)

Dinner:
Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken breasts, Onions(S)(SF), Garlic(SF),Carrots(S)(SF),Celery(S)(SF), Chicken Stock and Vermicelli Rice Noodles.

Cadbury Highlights Hot Choc(2 syns)

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy A: 375ml Skimmed Milk
Healthy B: 35g Porridge Oat's

Daily Syns: 3/15
Weekly Syns: 44.5/105

Last edited:
OMG im going to make this and eat it all to myself!!! xx
Awww, let me know what you think if you get round to making it. I've had a go at a chocolate version too!! Here's the recipe...

37a16ef5-caa9-40b3-aa5e-c25f735bbf47_zpsdcbadf9d.jpg

Mini Chocolate Cheesecake

Ingredients:

Cadbury Highlights Sachet(2 syns)
250g Quark
Sweetener
Vanilla Extract

Optional Toppings:
4 Crushed Malteasers(4 syns)

Method:
- In a small bowl, mix together the Quark, Cadbury Highlights, Vanilla extract and sweetener.
- Top the base with the Quark mixture until it is level with the top of your pastry cutter.

Last edited:
hi here to subscribe those cheesecakes look delish x
Awww thank you hun!:D And welcome!

Here's todays Food Diary:

Monday 21st Jan 2013

(SF) = SuperFree

Today is an Extra Easy day

Breakfast:

Lunch:
Chicken Noodle Soup (Leftover from yesterday)
Chicken breasts, Onions(S)(SF), Garlic(SF),Carrots(S)(SF),Celery(S)(SF), Chicken Stock & Vermicelli Rice Noodles.

Dinner:
Slow Cooker Steak and Onion's(S)(SF) Gravy(2 syns), Actifry Chips(½ syn), Carrots(S)(SF) & Marrowfat Pea's(S)

Cadbury Highlights(2 syns)

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy A: 350ml Skimmed milk
Healthy B: 35g Fruit & Fibre

Daily Syns: 4½/15
Weekly Syns: 4½/105

Last edited:
Tuesday 22st Jan 2013

(SF) = SuperFree

Today is an Green day

Breakfast:
DE Hazelnut Coffee, Skimmed Milk(HxA)

Lunch: On the go as I had a hospital appointment
Pear(S)(SF), Banana(SF)

Dinner:
BirdsEye Breaded Fish Fillet(HxB+1.5 syns), Actifry Chips(1 syns) and Mushy Pea's(SS)

3180E2DB-16CF-41C9-BBF2-635853F096E2-1469-000002644B68829A_zps7776e9cc.jpg

I really wanted something sweet for after dinner, so I whipped up these quick, easy trifles… made with all the good stuff! Yum! I don't think there too bad for 4 syns.

Hartleys SF Strawberry Jelly*, Strawberries(SS)(SF), 65g Low-fat Custard(3 syns), 12.5g Squirt Light Whipped Cream(1 syn)

(The jelly was divided between 5 glasses, so the syns were neglible once divided).

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy A: 350ml Skimmed milk x2
Healthy B: 35g Fruit & Fibre, 142g Cod

Daily Syns: 6½/15
Weekly Syns: 11/105

Back