Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Working 12 Hour shifts & diets

Discussion in 'Challenges - Weight Loss & Otherwise!' started by Becksie, 14 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Becksie

Becksie Banned

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.32%)
    Diet:
    Diet Chef
    Hello

I work 12 hour day and night shifts, I find it really hard to stick to diets, when I finish nights that morning to switch myself back round, does anybody have any helpful hints on what I could do?
    Mainly on my 1st night, I really don't feel like eating and have been awake for 24 hours when it's over, so I always seem to pick at bad things rather than eat a proper meal

Anybody in a similar situation? xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaderoxy

jaderoxy Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.24%)
    Diet:
    Low Calorie/Low Carb
    Hey Becksie,

Are you a nurse? I am a nursing student so i have the same problem. the shifts are so tiring that i can never be bothered to make a packed lunch when i get in- or before i leave. So i end up buying unhealth stuff from the canteen.

I guess the most important thing is having a convenient and healthy option. for example tomorrow i am going to make healthy soups and veggie chilly meals and freeze them all- so whenever i am hungry i have a ready meal. Make sure you take healthy things to work to snack on like yogurt, fruit and snack-a-jacks... so that you don't get hungry and end up binging.

X

4. strawberryblonde

strawberryblonde Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(5.78%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi there
    I work 10-12 hrs as well. i try to take loads of fruit in with me plus pkts of couscous/tins of tuna of cups of pasta (like cup a soups) that way I always have somethoing healthy in my drawer. I also batch cook and freeze and survived on soups last winter which was easy. Failing that a big plateful of veggies in the canteen with a bit of gravy has worked or baked pots. I am on slim world, mainly green days so these suggestions may not suit. Good luck tho and dont beat yourself up if you sli[p up!
    regards
    Strawberryblonde

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.