Working 12 Hour shifts & diets

Becksie

Banned
Hello

I work 12 hour day and night shifts, I find it really hard to stick to diets, when I finish nights that morning to switch myself back round, does anybody have any helpful hints on what I could do?
Mainly on my 1st night, I really don't feel like eating and have been awake for 24 hours when it's over, so I always seem to pick at bad things rather than eat a proper meal

Anybody in a similar situation? xx

Hey Becksie,

Are you a nurse? I am a nursing student so i have the same problem. the shifts are so tiring that i can never be bothered to make a packed lunch when i get in- or before i leave. So i end up buying unhealth stuff from the canteen.

I guess the most important thing is having a convenient and healthy option. for example tomorrow i am going to make healthy soups and veggie chilly meals and freeze them all- so whenever i am hungry i have a ready meal. Make sure you take healthy things to work to snack on like yogurt, fruit and snack-a-jacks... so that you don't get hungry and end up binging.

X

Hi there
I work 10-12 hrs as well. i try to take loads of fruit in with me plus pkts of couscous/tins of tuna of cups of pasta (like cup a soups) that way I always have somethoing healthy in my drawer. I also batch cook and freeze and survived on soups last winter which was easy. Failing that a big plateful of veggies in the canteen with a bit of gravy has worked or baked pots. I am on slim world, mainly green days so these suggestions may not suit. Good luck tho and dont beat yourself up if you sli[p up!
regards
Strawberryblonde

Back