Worried about the Naked Bars

RedDress2011

Hi All...as everybody seemed to be enjoying these, picked up a couple in tescos...but as they are 48% dates and in the holford book dates are high GL...one date is 5 gls :eek: ..are they really safe to eat?

They probably aren't perfect, but are still better than most other snack bars. They also have nuts in them which will help reduce the overall GL. As long as they don't stall me, I am going to carry on enjoying them, but it's an individual choice. I also like Trek bars (made by the same company, but out of oats).

Fruitus bars are acceptable to Patrick Holford, he lists them as a snack in one of his books.

I reckon they are the least offensive of snack bar choices. They contain no added sugars and are not processed as the fruits and nuts are just rolled and pressed together. The bars are also relatively high in protein and fibre. In moderation,they make a useful snack choice.

Hi red dress

slim fast bars are really good low gi snacks , there are quite cheap in tescos's and are advocated on the rick gallop's gi diet. hope this helps xxxx

Back