worst thing about being overweight vs best thing about being slimmer

emmaholl

HI all,

I was thinking last night about some of the horrors of being overweight and then thinking about what I am looking forward to most when I reach my goal....
Would love to hear other peoples worst and best's...

Worst :mad:: Not being able to go to the cinema as I the cinema seats hurt my hips!

Best :D: The look on peoples faces when they realize they've never seen me this slim! (And telling people who I am as they won't recognize me!)

Worst: Having random men shout things at me like 'lose weight, look at those thunder thighs' etc when they were also double my age, thighs scarred from chafing
Best: Being able to wear no hoodie in summer as even though I still have big boobs, guys don't feel the need to make me feel bad about them and just focus on them, thighs almost not touching so no chafing or bleeding now and weighing the least I have in years :D

Good thread idea :D

Worst:- feeling absolutely RUBBISH in anything and everything I try on and constantly feeling upset and uncomftable :-( Xxx

Best:- feeling great and confident in my old clothes that I couldn't get in a couple of months ago! Most importantly, actually feeling like me again!!! :) Xxx

worst: definitely the chafing! Under 9 stone now but my stupid thighs still rub together, hoping that won't happen anymore by the time I go on summer hols in May!

Best: getting into old clothes or things I def wouldn't have worn a year ago!

Worst thing - Going out shopping and trying on gorgeous clothes and cringing at how bad I look in them.
Best thing - Feeling good wearing a bikini/being naked.

worst: definitely the chafing! Under 9 stone now but my stupid thighs still rub together, hoping that won't happen anymore by the time I go on summer hols in May!
Best: getting into old clothes or things I def wouldn't have worn a year ago!

Hey there - Totally with you on the chafing - until i found a solution! Years ago i bought a bottle of dry oil mist and every morning before I leave the house (if I'm wearing a skirt obviously) I give each leg a spray and then I have no chafing at all even in hot weather.
Have been using this for 4=5 years now and it has solved my problem!

Emms x

link: No7 Pampering Dry Oil Body Spray 200ml - Boots

Hi I used to weigh 22st before I lost over 7st (still a long way to go),I found that because I was so big I was terrified of sitting down when visiting people just in case I broke a chair or got stuck! Since losing weight I love feeling that little bit 'normal' :) x

Worst: not being able to wear fashionable clothes, chaffing when wearing skirts, hating all photographs your in, being generally unfit and getting all sweaty when in hot weather!

Best: being able to go into any shop and fit into smaller sized clothes :D compliments from people, comparing before and after photos, trying old clothes on and them falling off you as there so big!

This thread has mad me feel really sad I hate that you all felt so low and those things about yourselves, and especially how other people can make you feel. I'm glad you are all happier now and you have all made steps in the right direction and should be proud of that.

Bad: feeling afraid to eat in front of people incase they thought I was a pig, and always getting my weight into the conversation before anyone else mentioned it, not that try probably would have.

Good: being able to fit into tighter clothes (although still have to work on this) feeling a bit better about myself

Although I still feel like I have a bit of work to do, and I will admit I am more now than ever obsessed about food and my weight, so I have to work on this as I bore myself talking about it let alone anyone else!

honeybee38 said:
Hi I used to weigh 22st before I lost over 7st (still a long way to go),I found that because I was so big I was terrified of sitting down when visiting people just in case I broke a chair or got stuck! Since losing weight I love feeling that little bit 'normal' :) x

Oh I have that feeling, I used to give chairs a "wobble test" or I perch on them-one cheek lol! Not over it yet but I'm better x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

This made me smile because I still find myself fighting for the chair without arms! And my daughter will whisper to me 'you fit now mum' lol.x

Feel so sad reading the replies :cry:

worst for me was hating how I looked, always making excuses to not go to social events.

Best, was fitting into a beautiful dress from river island that I bought in a size 10 :D having people not recognise me is even better lol this time last yr I was a size 22-24 now I'm a size 10-12, that is the best the feeling of achievement :D

I know some of the things on this thread are sad and have made us feel bad in the past, but sometimes i think if you realize that it isn't just you that feels that way - you don't feel quite so bad and on top of that we are all doing something to change ourselves so that we can have the things that make us feel great!!

Lets focus on the great things and not on the sad ones.

Emms x

Worst: people thinking its ok to laugh at me, call me fat and generally take the piss. Seeing myself in photos. Doctors giving me a hard time.

Best: people telling me how great I look, and finally starting to believe them. Seeing a sneaky photo of my bum and telling the guy her could keep it because my bum looked pretty small. Taking a size 16 of the rail and then remembering that isn't my size anymore. :)

Another good thing: I can borrow my housemates fancy dress stuff for a party I'm going to saturday night. In the 9 years we've lived together I've always been too big to borrow her stuff. :D

anj_i_am said:
Another good thing: I can borrow my housemates fancy dress stuff for a party I'm going to saturday night. In the 9 years we've lived together I've always been too big to borrow her stuff. :D

Yes that defo is good lol, I borrow my daughters stuff now :D bad bit is.... She nicks mine too lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Worst: Oh so many things. Going to the doctors and them being really mean to me about my weight..sometimes really rude as well. Then coming out feeling awful. Also always being 'the fat one' in my group of friends.
Best: My friends reactions so far, only half way in, they have been nice!! Also buying smaller clothes, and feeling like I look good in them. I look forward to when I'm at my goal weight and will be able to look nice in my undies for the bf and myself :p

worst...untagging myself from photo's on facebook as i was (and still am) too ashamed of the way i look. coming home from shopping trips completely disheartened and emplty handed.

best...i can't wait to buy clothes in a decent size that fit, and feeling more confident in my appearance

Hi all,

I can definitely relate to all the 'worst' things on here and can rejoice in all the 'best' things. Put the worst things behind you and focus on the things that are best.

Keep your focus and keep smiling!

Emms x

It's hard identifying with the negatives. Untagging, clothes shopping, hiding size tags on clothes, worrying about special occasions coming up where you have to wear something nice and have photos taken. Positives that I look forward to are having nice clothes that I feel confident in. Not feeling horrible on nights out and paniked when someone has a camera out. I would love to be able to do the c25k without my knees hurting from carrying me around too! Healthy bmi too would be great.

Back