Would wafer thin ham be free?

debtin

Gold Member
had this on my toast this morning and also every day during past week, just one slice on each slice toast but is it free? assuming it is but since i stayed the same at wi last night i am being extra careful and thought i would ask x x

Yes, definately with Circes on this, I also read that reformed ham or any meat for that matter is not free, so check the back of the packet, i.e. it has to be a real lean piece/slice of meat

No, not necessarily. Wafer thin ham is not 'proper' meat but reformed and can have a syn value. There was a thread about it recently, II'll see if I can find it for you. If you want to be sure you'll need to give the brand and someone will look it up for you.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/211068-wafer-thin-ham-reformed.html
had a look circes, thanks for that. Bit annoyed as leader told me only 4/5 weeks ago to "eat as much as you like" apparently she will pick at it all day!! so annoying as that is a couple of things now that where i have found out differently from being on here....would a gammon joint boiled then put in over with any fat removed also need to be syned? thanks

No, not necessarily. Wafer thin ham is not 'proper' meat but reformed and can have a syn value. There was a thread about it recently, II'll see if I can find it for you. If you want to be sure you'll need to give the brand and someone will look it up for you.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/211068-wafer-thin-ham-reformed.html

Would Tescos Value ham be free, I eat this most days and it would definatly affect my loss if I was eating it and not counting it. Im not at group so dont have access to the syns calculator on the sw web site.

Tescos value Ham 400g
105 cal
Protein 15.8
carbs 0.9
fat 4.0
fibre 0 per 100g

I also buy Asdas Sandwich ham, would this be free?

Not all "wafer-thin" is reformed meat. Some of it is just ham very thinly sliced. Depends on the quality (and the price, usually!)

You need to check the ingredients list.

Back