Would you.....

lurverick

Now to maintain.....
have the same thing for your tea 3 nights running(with slight variations) if you really fancied it???

had quorn southern style strips the last few nights.....really fancy them again tonight!!!

first night had with sw wedges,a cajun seasoned quorn fillet,a quorn sausage lettuce and tomatoes......last night i had them with new potatoes,two morrisons eat smart sausages,a plain quorn fillet,lettuce and tomatoe.
really,really,really fancy them with wedges and baked beans tonight(green day) but it seems wrong to have same again....do i or dont i???? and would you???

Last edited:
I say go for it if you fancy it :D I've had the veg curry I made the last 3 days... could have had it tonight but going for a baked potato instead... perhaps with some veg curry on haha.

Ideally - variety is key. but if its going to keep you on plan, and providing you keep loosing - then why not. i wouldn't make a habit of it - and if losses slow down - then its definately one thing to change.

I'll frequently have the same thing two nights in a row - mainly due to batch cooking and not having enough room in the freezer. Today is no exception - i batched up some stuff yesterday and was going to have it at lunch today and dinner (but being off sick means i'm likely to have to put at least 2 of the 3 tubs in the fridge in the freezer now - with one tub for dinner tonight if i feel up to eating). The only problem is - i was going to do another batch (of another receipie) tomorrow to see me through till Monday night).

thanks guys.....and others keep your opinions coming!

ian..im usually a real stickler for variety and trying diff/new/varied things.....i think thats why it seems so wrong!!! but omg i really fancy it!! and well the beans are different,lol!!

If i am truly honest - alot of my meals are "samey" - especially monday to friday (just for ease as i often don't get home till late). but at the same time - i always like to do something different - be that try a new fruit or veg, or just bring out an old favourite i haven't done in a while.

one mistake i made in the past is that you could tell the day of the week by what meal i made - i got bored after a few months and (with other things as well) stopped going to SW (this was about 8years ago).

BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE.

6years later - i walked back through the doors of a slimming world group. I had gotten down to about 17.5st in 2002/2003. In 2008 - i had put over 10st on.

This time around - i vowed to do new things, and not get stuck in a rut.

If you like it go for it :D I am a bit stuck in a cycle of omelettes for lunch, but I like them and they fill me up :D

Yeah...t'is fine!! As long a you can recognise when you're taking it too far, and have the foresight to mix it up before you fall into the rut/routine!!

Sure you've probably eaten them now , so hope you enjoyed!!

:)

Most of the population have exactly the same thing for breakfast everyday of their lives ( my mum has weetabix and fruit every morning for as long as i can remember!) But that seems totally normal. Just cos its a evening meal, i dont see why there is a problem. But i guess if you notice that losses slow because of it, you know where you can change.
I do tend to have something different, but meals are all planned out in advance, so i just cook whats on the plan.

i did eat it! and it was delicious!!!

had on green day with wedges and beans.

i obviously dont mean im going to have this every week 3 x a week,lol!! it was just a one off thing....discovered them and tried them and loved them so just fancied it again......wont be making it a habit and im usually one of the most varied people i know with my main meals(lunch/tea...not breakfast).

You've got more willpower than me, I'd have just cooked the lot up and just eaten them on their own!! I've done that with a bag of Quorn sausages before!

i would say go for it.

if its on your plan and within your syns, then why not?

i kinda stick to similar things, things that i enjoy and are my fav foods, i do have spurts of experimenting with dishes, but sticking to same foods has certainly not stoped me lossing weight, and i never get fed up as i luv the foods i eat.

hope you enjoy

I'd have the same thing 3 nights running if I liked i enough :D If it's within your syns and HEX's etc I can't see as it makes any difference :D

I would eat chicken/or bacon or chicken&bacon salad every night of the week if I could,.

Back