Wow! CD maintenance section

Have started 1200 plan today, but had WI and have actually lost 2lb, have reassessed my goal and have decided that 10 stone 5lb is more doable and I am where I want to be size wise too, then I have 2lb to play with up to 10stone 7 if the scales fluctuate, if I lose more going up the plans then all well and good, but if not, I can live with that, so have 1lb to go until goal... hope I can make that next week as I am going on holiday on the Saturday. CDC cannot do normal WI day next week, so have asked her to make it a day later, so more chance of 1lb loss... have stuck rigidly to plan today... Do I have to eat the meals noted on there as tomorrow is my sons awards evening and will be going out before dinner time and need something quick to eat once I get back, I have some WW meals in the freezer which are below the 300 cal limit? Then can I make the extra up with some fruit or an Alpen light bar (which has less than 70 Cals).

Thanks KD for your input, it has been really helpful, just need to find a trainer at the gym to show me how to use the weight machines now.

Omg KD you have your own show and everything now... the 'Ask KD about stuff'-show.

You must me pshyched!! :D

images

I've been thinking one of these could be good for KD for a while.....

LOL :rotflmao:

Omg KD you have your own show and everything now... the 'Ask KD about stuff'-show.

LOL. That wasn't the plan :D Tried that on my diary thread and failed miserably LOL.

Will be on and off for a few days, so it's a good place for questions. Saves me trying to read every thread in case someone is 'stuck'

Okaaaay then 810 food questions:

1. Found an old post by Linda saying chickpeas were going to be allowed. Can you confirm or deny?

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/3893-790-plan-salmon-any-cdc-help.html

2. What spices and non-fat sauces am I allowed? Should I be careful of ingredients ie citric acid as it could knock me out of ketosis (not that I'm in it yet)

3. Do 'most' people get into ketosis on 810 and any idea how long it takes?

4. What's the yoghurt for milk allowance?

I've found differing answers to all of the above so I hope you can help me, and if you can please get rid of my carb withdrawal headache at the same time, I'd be very grateful. x

LOL. That wasn't the plan :D Tried that on my diary thread and failed miserably LOL.

Will be on and off for a few days, so it's a good place for questions. Saves me trying to read every thread in case someone is 'stuck'

Hahahah. Maybe that was the problem, you tried it in YOUR diary. Who reads that anyway.... :rolleyes:

I'm surprised it failed. I thought you'd be bombarded??

so have 1lb to go until goal..

That's brill :clap:

. hope I can make that next week as I am going on holiday on the Saturday.

And 1lb will make soooooooo much difference wont it ;)

I have some WW meals in the freezer which are below the 300 cal limit? Then can I make the extra up with some fruit or an Alpen light bar (which has less than 70 Cals).

I wouldn't. It's not all about the calories until you get just a bit higher up the plans. Ideally, it would be better to have planned ahead. For example, the quorn burger and salad. Dead quick and easy to prepare.

I doubt you'll come to much harm with a WW ready meal and alpen bar. Just not ideal depending on the amount of carbs and sugars. Your choice obviously, just don't make a habit of it ;)

Thanks KD for your input, it has been really helpful, just need to find a trainer at the gym to show me how to use the weight machines now.

Fun, fun, fun. Enjoy :)

Hahahah. Maybe that was the problem, you tried it in YOUR diary. Who reads that anyway.... :rolleyes:

Exactly :rotflmao: I did have a few though...bless them. I do have some friends :p:D

Okaaaay then 810 food questions:

1. Found an old post by Linda saying chickpeas were going to be allowed. Can you confirm or deny?

Neither. Cambridge do have some options for vegetarians which include chickpeas. It's not a published list generally given out though. I have the one for the 1000 plan but only because I found it on the forum :D I don't have the 810 one :( So, unless you're a vegetarian, stick to the list or ask you CDC to contact Cambridge.

2. What spices and non-fat sauces am I allowed? Should I be careful of ingredients ie citric acid as it could knock me out of ketosis (not that I'm in it yet)

Some chilli or curry powder (just a little...watch for any signs of hunger). Mixed herbs..fresh. If using dried, check ingredients. Still watch out for the citric acid in case you are one of the lucky ones that could stay in ketosis. I think Kraft do a fat free dressing. Of course, there's balsamic vinegar which is very nice and allowable on 810.

3. Do 'most' people get into ketosis on 810 and any idea how long it takes?

I think most people will be at some level of ketosis, but it depends how sensitive you are. It'll take approx the same time to get into I think. Blimey...asking tough questions here. If ketosis is a concern for you, go for the chicken or fish options rather than the cottage cheese or quorn.

4. What's the yoghurt for milk allowance?

You can replace your skimmed milk allowance with 150g of 0% greek yoghurt :)

and if you can please get rid of my carb withdrawal headache at the same time, I'd be very grateful. x

Certainly. Headache begone!!!! :hug99:

i am nearly at maintenence KD! and i'm still stalking the maintainers. cannot wait.

Best plan IMO:clap: I think many people leave it too late. They wait until goal and then start thinking about maintenance. Sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming then, and it can feel easier to do your own thing...until you get around to it. Recipe for disaster for many.

Thank you KD. I'm so nauseous I can't sleep. Flippin' withdrawals.

I don't eat meat but I do eat fish. I didn't realise it was 'a lucky few' that would still be in ketosis on 810. I have been having quorn and cottage cheese.

Actually I thought most people would be in ketosis (or some form) on 810 as the losses are so similar to SS+. I'm going to start exercising again soon - resistance and base rate training so cardio at a very low threshold that works more on the fat than the glycogen stores.

I have a new CDC but she's only temporary as her attitude to the diet is quite errr free. Need to find another one. She also showed me quite a few dressing she said were okay because they had minimal fat. Fortunately I hadn't opened them so may have to send some back after I've checked the ingredients. Is it jsut citric acid I need to look out for?

Thank you for everything. xx

Thank you KD. I'm so nauseous I can't sleep. Flippin' withdrawals.

Awww. It's not pleasant is it. Nauseous after a shake, or just generally. Some people get it after they have a shake because of the high level of vits and minerals (split shakes..add more water), but I expect you know that :p Water does help things, with energy too.

Apart from that, it's just hanging in there.

I don't eat meat but I do eat fish. I didn't realise it was 'a lucky few' that would still be in ketosis on 810. I have been having quorn and cottage cheese.

I don't think I said a 'few'. Lots of people stay in ketosis on 810 :) Go for the fish though if you don't eat chicken. Lower carb.

Actually I thought most people would be in ketosis (or some form) on 810 as the losses are so similar to SS+.

Umm. Ketosis doesn't bring faster weightloss. It's about the same whether in ketosis or not. Of course, low carb will give a big first few days weight loss because of the depletion of glycogen/water. Then it's pretty much the same.

I'm going to start exercising again soon - resistance and base rate training so cardio at a very low threshold that works more on the fat than the glycogen stores.

good :) Don't go crazy. Exercise on this level is more for health than weight loss. Resistance is the best bet.

Is it jsut citric acid I need to look out for?

Mainly, though of course, carbs, calories, flavourings like onion, salt. Ack...have you salad naked...saves heaps of trouble :D

Thank you for everything. xx

No probs :) All the best for tomorrow!

Awww. It's not pleasant is it. Nauseous after a shake, or just generally. Some people get it after they have a shake because of the high level of vits and minerals (split shakes..add more water), but I expect you know that :p Water does help things, with energy too.
Reminders are never a bad thing. Unfortunately I think this one is more to do with the amount of crap I've put in my body over the last few months. Still headachey and nauseous this morning but the light must be at the end of the tunnel...

I don't think I said a 'few'. Lots of people stay in ketosis on 810 :) Go for the fish though if you don't eat chicken. Lower carb.
No you didn't say a few - no idea where I got that from. White fish everyday - hmm.... I think I'll try dropping the amounts of the quorn and tofu to a bit less on the days I don't exercise.

Umm. Ketosis doesn't bring faster weightloss. It's about the same whether in ketosis or not. Of course, low carb will give a big first few days weight loss because of the depletion of glycogen/water. Then it's pretty much the same.
Now that I had no idea about :) I thought it was because of ketosis the body turned to the fat storage for energy. Does the body do the same with 810?

Mainly, though of course, carbs, calories, flavourings like onion, salt. Ack...have you salad naked...saves heaps of trouble :D
Agreed! Bizarrely enough I'm not a massive fan of salad dressings anyhow. I think it was more to do the option of having it. I bought four bottles :eek:

Thank you KD :)

Ha ha Laura, because I could have salad dressings I bought one from Morrisons, it is an eat smart one and has less everything than the fat free one they had, but normally I eat my salad with no dressing, only bought it because I could have it, how strange is that.

KD, thanks for your advice about WW, now that you have mentioned the quorn burger, I remember I bought 4 the other day, and some rolls and popped them in the freezer, I have a massive chest freezer and once you buy something and put it in there it has disappeared forever, unless you remember you have bought it... so will have that tonight instead of a WW meal, I will also save my shake from lunch to have just before i go so I dont get really hungry and feel the urge to binge when I get home whilst waiting for things to cook...

Exactly :rotflmao: I did have a few though...bless them. I do have some friends :p:D

Oh thank god, I was feeling sorry for you for a min. Then it's all okay! :D

KD - just saw the entry in your diary about taking a bit of a step back from Minis. *gasp* so I thought I'd dedicate a song to you ;)

*edit - Youtube thing isn't working so here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-l5FyA3pgo

In all seriousness, I understand absolutely where you are coming from in your diary and if you take a step back, know you've helped so many many many people that your work will always continue. I better get on with my weight loss!

KD don't go!

KD - just saw the entry in your diary about taking a bit of a step back from Minis.

KD, please don't. We all need you. Stay here to hold our hands.x

Where is KD's diary? I can't find it.

Back