Wow - fab doner kebab recipe, tastes like the real thing!!!

I didn't use flour in mine

Ooh this is a definate for us i think - can't wait to make it mmmmm nom nom nom! xx

A perfect way to get hubby on side about dieting. He is already fed up of me altering his lifestyle! - I am only on week 2. Curse men who never put on a pound and eat what they like. I will though serve his in a nan!

I've had this a couple of times last week as its sooooo nice! Went to buy some lamb mince 2day from asda and put it back when I noticed the fat content. Does anywhere know where sells extra lean lamb mince? Thanks

I think the only way of getting extra lean lamb mince is to get the butcher to mince it for you from lean cuts of lamb (expensive I presume) however lots of places sell lean lamb (ie 10% fat) which isn't horrific in syns. You can also try it with extra lean beef (ie free) which is ok but not as nice as the lamb.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Well hubby loved it!!!! Has decided he wants this rather than the shop bought one in the future! Just need to find a way of slicing it thinner. It didn't take as long to cook as the recipe said, I only gave it around 50 mins until the juices ran clear. That kept it lovely and moist. Nothing else to change......thanks for a great recipe!

This is in the oven now on a rack so the fat can drain off. It smells devine!! Got some homemade raita, pitta and salad to go with! Mmmm
x

Tesco's sell lean lamb mince but it seems nobody sells extra lean lamb mince. :sigh:

The only place I have found extra lean lamb mince is Waitrose but it was way too expensive. I always use the extra lean beef but it is nowhere near as nice as lamb. I have used reduced fat lamb mince and synned it before and it is tastier and much less dry than the beef.

When I do the beef mince version I find it only needs 30-40 mins in oven and I make plenty of garlic sauce or homemade coleslaw which works really well with it :D

The only place I have found extra lean lamb mince is Waitrose but it was way too expensive. I always use the extra lean beef but it is nowhere near as nice as lamb. I have used reduced fat lamb mince and synned it before and it is tastier and much less dry than the beef.

When I do the beef mince version I find it only needs 30-40 mins in oven and I make plenty of garlic sauce or homemade coleslaw which works really well with it :D

Could this not be made using lean cuts of lamb such as fillet with all visible fat removed and put in a food processor so it can be blended like sausage meat and shaped? I'm sure it would be much easier to mix with the ingredients and would allow Lamb to be used without having to syn it.
:eat:

Back