Wow - fab doner kebab recipe, tastes like the real thing!!!

You giving it a go with the quorn mince coljack? Let us know how it turns out. Was wondering if you could make meatballs with quorn mince too.

Grace89 said:
I made this a few weeks ago and it was really dry:cry: any ideas how I can stop this happening again?

I didn't put egg in, cooked on 180 fan oven , not ideas really, lower heat maybe?

Just ate this!! Omg!!
Smelt like a kebab when cooking, taste and looked just like a kebab,
Prob need some sun free sauce but it was amazing!!!!!!
Yummy!!

i made this for myself so halved all ingredients. thought it was dry but plenty sauce, salad & chips it was lovely!

Attachments

• 418461_10151328259630386_583990385_22972911_75287203_n.jpg
    418461_10151328259630386_583990385_22972911_75287203_n.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,218
Excited to make this!

Has anyone tried freezing it? I'd like to make it in advance.

Where there's a will..... said:
I haven't made it yet but I think if I was you I'd make it and freeze before cooking. You could always freeze in small portions if needed!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think if you cooked it in small portons I'll would dry up... The recipe only calls for 500g of lamb which is a normal pack size. And adding herbs to lamb is all there is to do before cooking so really you may as well do before Cooking. I think the recipe serves two big portons but depends on how much you eat I suppose :/

Thankyou :) think I'll just cook it later and eat it all tonight with hubby :p

abkb said:
Thankyou :) think I'll just cook it later and eat it all tonight with hubby :p

Ha that's what we do ;) enjoy :)

Cook it, slice it into portions and THEN freeze it.
You can get some out and microwave it when you fancy some. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

liliferjade said:
powder* I'm also doing it with beef as I don't eat lamb but I copied the wrong ingredients list so I've now bought in the stuff for this and don't have a few of the ingredients from the beef recipe x

Was confused about onion til I saw the bit about powder lol :) I got my onion powder in tescos- it's their own brand. Hope that helps?
Isn't the recipe the same whether you use beef or lamb?? (confused)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You can blitz half a real onion and use that.
The juice makes it a bit moister too.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Anything oniony or garlicky will work. I use dried garlic or garlic granules in mine - Fakeaway Doner Kebab » Om Nom 365

I have frozen some leftovers before as well, I sliced it before freezing and then just made sure it was heated thoroughly afterwards. Was great for a quick 'naughty' lunch of kebab meat and sw chips.

powder* I'm also doing it with beef as I don't eat lamb but I copied the wrong ingredients list so I've now bought in the stuff for this and don't have a few of the ingredients from the beef recipe x[/QUOTE

if you get onion granuals (in tesco) with the spices its the same thing :)

Back