Wow - fab doner kebab recipe, tastes like the real thing!!!

I am making this 2nite. So excited. Going to prep it now and put it in the fridge, for later. I am leaving out the flour and I don't have cayenne pepper. Just going to add some other spices. I will let u know how mine turns out. Yay.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

This was mine served with wedges, mange tout, baby corn, fat free yogurt and mint dip and tabasco, was delish! I'll be making this again :D

46283d1334425678-healthy-new-start-round-two-forumrunner_20120414_184928.jpg

OMG! I was so pleased with this. Thought it was going to be a poor substitute, but was more than pleasantly surprised. It was like donna without the grease.

I deviated from the exact recipe I left out the flour, I used frozen crushed garlic. I didn't have any cayenne pepper so just did loads of black pepper, then added some chilli flakes and smoked paprika.

I had mine with loads salad. I made my own garlic mayo and SW chips and pitta breads.
My other half also loved it, will def be making this again.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Made it again for Sunday tea and bumping thread x

ha bunny your addicted :) Although Ill be making it loads when hubby flies back as he loves it :)

I can't wait to try this :D

Keldelacoe said:
ha bunny your addicted :) Although Ill be making it loads when hubby flies back as he loves it :)

Yes, and two teen boys and Mr, boys mates sit drooling whilst they eat their tea ;) lol

Looking forward to trying this!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

by the way, I was asked about the book I mentioned. it's amazing, not an SW book but all recipes would be tweakable if you have common sense. the curry for example, the meat is stewed in spiced water before being added to a sauce that is based n veggies. just cut down the fat and bob's yer uncle.

I can vouch for:
kebabs
burgers (lean mince, cheese from allowance, wholemeal roll or "proper" roll if you want to syn it)
special sauce (tweaked to be SW friendly and low syn)
kebab shop chilli sauce

The Takeaway Secret: How to Cook Your Favourite Fast-Food at Home [Book]
I have this book........made gorgeous "K.F.C" other week x

gonnabeskinny2010 said:
I have this book........made gorgeous "K.F.C" other week x

I have that book on my kindle App, I'm so hopeless at 'using ' recipe books or lazy, it's much easier read here lol x

I made them on sat with extra lean beef mince they were fab severed with wedges and a whole meal pitta and salad!!! Great recipe will defo b making again as even my extremely fussy OH enjoyed it :)

stnik said:
I made them on sat with extra lean beef mince they were fab severed with wedges and a whole meal pitta and salad!!! Great recipe will defo b making again as even my extremely fussy OH enjoyed it :)

well done x

hunnybun_756 said:
Just made this for tea tonight it was amazing, just need to find a way to slice it more thinly but apart from that it was devine.

I usually use a big bread knife but last time I remembered my electric carving knife, much better x

Back