WW meetings transfer .... not sure what to think!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by pixiepiratess, 8 August 2008 Social URL.

1. pixiepiratess

pixiepiratess Going From Flab to FAB!

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Ok so ive transfered to a different meeting because a friend of mine has just become a leader so i have decided to help out with the shop ...
    anyway! the leader i had before has sent my new leader a note ...
    i dont know the full note
    (ill find out next week)
    But it said somthing about my weight loss being consistant ... but that if you become a helper you lose sight of your own goals! ...

Not really sure what she ment by that! any ideas? ... and does anyone think it would be a BAD idea to help out ??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

I don't think so, Kirsty. I think it's just that you can get very tied up in helping other people and there's a risk that you'll forget why you are there in the first place.

If you know that's not going to be a problem for you, then don't worry about it. If anything, it may well motivate you more - I would be less likely to skive off after a bad week if I knew I was letting people down for example.

4. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    Kirsty,i new someone who when she was helping a friend didnt ever loose as it was a friend and she never said nothing to her if she put on,then she would go and not get weighted,just something to keep an eye out for hun x

5. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Maybe you should make a point of going to sit with the rest of the group once the class begins - that way you can still help your friend out with the shop, but still be part of the group too.

In classes i've been to in the past the people who run the shop stay sat at their posts so are slightly separate from the group, and therefore less involved, which is probably where the comment comes from.

6. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    Yes Jen,i totally agree with you there,thats why i stopped helping out each week.

7. pixiepiratess

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    SW
    yeah i agree with that comment also! i did help at the shop last time but think im on with the tea and coffees next so once everyone has theirs i can go and sit with the rest!
    I need the meeting part of it to keep me on the straight and narrow

8. Jennyonaplate

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know when i've helped out in the past it's easy to sit there and not be included by the leader as much, not through any fault of theirs, but if you're not sitting with the group it's easy to get overlooked.

9. pixiepiratess

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    SW
    hhmmm im having second thoughts now! ... do you think that i could have a way round it and still be involved! .. Its starting to seem like the sorta thing to do once at goal maybe ? ..
    but dont wanna let my friend down! .. what to do

10. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Totally agree with Jen think thats the perfect way forward!

11. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I help at my meeting and run the shop. I must admit I am too busy to be a full part of the meeting but it doesn't bother me. Could you not help your friend but go to the other meeting as a member

Irene xx

12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I think it depends how much you 'need' the meetings, can you do the work part of it then go to the meeting? I think it sounds great helping out. I cant see it putting you off your stride, youre still going to be getting weighed, in fact if anything it might help... means you cant skip meetings ;)

13. Jennyonaplate

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Whenever i've helped out in the past I find it means I can't find an excuse not to go, otherwise i'd let the leader down - I just made sure I dragged a chair over to join the rest of the group and got my clap when I deserved it or support when I needed it!

14. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Sorry, couldn't resist - there's an actress and a bishop in there somewhere ;)

15. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  16. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Thank you ladies and gentlemen; I'm here all week ;)

17. Jennyonaplate

Diet:
    Slimming World
    After I clicked 'post reply' I realised how it sounded - I should've guessed that someone would've picked up on it!!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

What have you decided to do loveyxx

20. pixiepiratess

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hey .... well im going to meet up with my friend and chat to her about it but i cant go to her meeting for the next 2 weeks because mark wont be home soon enough for me to set off and bec is in cornwall so she cant watch the lil man! ....
    so will be getting weighed in lym until then but i think ill offer to do the coffee and teas and then sit in on the meeting i think .... see how i go with that for a month or so!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.