Xenical info for New Starters!!..

could anyone tell me how much difference Xenical makes to a persons diet? I was on it before but clearly wasnt following it correctly as stated above i was given no info by the doctor who prescribed it and i kept having several side affects from it.
Lets say i would loose 2lbs a week naturally, how much would this increase to if i were on Xenical?
I am just trying to weigh up the pros and cons of trying it again vs going on naturally.
What happens when you do things like go out for a meal? Its likely a meal out will have more than the recomended fat so do you manage this?

Just wanted to put up a thread that may help new starters understand the tablet more...​

The 5g rule?..

You should stick to foods with 5g or less of fat per 100g of product , sounds hard but its surprising how many things you can actually eat.. and if your like me you will freak when you see just how much fat the foods you used to eat actually have *gulps* LOL.. and you should stick to 15g or less of fat in total per meal , again it sounds daunting but its not so hard.​

Side effects?

People always asking about side effects and why there havent had any?? remember xenical isnt a miricle pill its just to keep you on the straight with your diets.. if your sticking to the above rule ^^^ then more then likely you wont get any side effects at all. but please remember everyones different and certain things may give you trouble when its fine for the next person.. im afraid most things are trial and error.... Salmon is a bad one for me because xenical cant determined bad oils from good so just gets rid =[.. lol.... and on the otherhand if your eating badly then you will have to deal with the side effects.​

How long does xenical take to work..

Again everyones different but from my own and friends expieriences id say its approx 5-7 days to get into the body so dont be disheartened if you have just took your first pill and nothings happened .. good things come to those who wait =]​

EXERCISE??

is it important? YES! .. ive noticed that people on xencial that are not as active lose between 1-3lbs a week but those that are more active loose more .... so even if its cleaning or walking exercise is a must with these pills.​

anything else just ask and ill try answer for you =D.​

So if your new to xencial or even just this forum welcome. Everyone on here are really supportive so please jump in and get to know us.. We have monthly challenges together that we do as a team.. we voted on the team name MICASA SUCASA. which means my home is your home.. so with that come jump in and chat =D.​

Thank you so much for this, I have been so confused with this and now I have found it the information I need.
I am going to print this out and stick it to my fridge

The 5g rule?..

You should stick to foods with 5g or less of fat per 100g of product , sounds hard but its surprising how many things you can actually eat.. and if your like me you will freak when you see just how much fat the foods you used to eat actually have *gulps* LOL.. and you should stick to 15g or less of fat in total per meal , again it sounds daunting but its not so hard.​

There is no reference to this in the tablet box so I am interested to know where 5g rule came from, is it linked to the number of calories a person should consume? I am not doubting it as the once I went over, the dreaded tango happened..... but there must be a way to work it out as we can't all be the same :confused:

When I was first prescribed Xenical in April 2007, you could register with Roche, ( the makers of Xenical), and it was their nursing staff ( you got phone call support from them, as well as info and stuff through snail mail) that told me about the 5% rule. This support is now not offered by Roche though :( ( at least it was withdrawn as far as I know last year, don't know if they've re introduced it) Although I think they still have a webiste, off the top of my head I think it's called Xenical MAP...actually I'm going to go google lol
BRB :D

Ok found it lol it's http://www.mapassist.co.uk
and looking through their guidelines, the 5% rule is indeed mentioned, it's listed in the
Foods to Avoid & Low Fat Alternatives section.
HTH xx

Just registered and will have a good look, can see the 5g per 100g rule.

Thanks for the link, hope it helps others too. It's a shame the doctors don't explain it better in the 1st place.

x

Thanks buttercup, and good luck on your weight loss journey hun xxx

Hi new hee and new to xenical. Dr game them to me this morning and i have took my first one before my lunch today. Wish me look, gotta get in shape got a bad hip so not very mobile at the minute. Viscious circel not mobile so difficult to lose weight, but if i did lose wight i could then be more mobile !!

Good luck trackwa! :)

Hi All
Have just decided to come back into the forum as i was a previous member. My sil has lost 8 stone in less than a year on xenical, and i am going to give it a go. I have had lots of depression issues to deal with and am now coming out the other end and feel now that i can be in control!!!

Will look forward to chatting to u guys
Lisa
xx

well done

Hi
just wanted firstly to say well done on your weight loss so far and thanks for the tips. I have now been on xenical for 2 months and have only lost 12 pounds, i thought that i would have lost more than this. I am sticking to a really low fat diet and doing cardio exercise for an hour a day 5 times a week. My workmate started on xenical on Monday and she has lost 4 pound already and dosent have as much to loose as me. Any chance you could tell me a typical days diet for you?
Thanks
Jen

Hi Everyone,

well my journey is well under way, followed the ww points system for 4 weeks and lost 14lbs YAY :clap: not a bad start me thinks. The GP has prescribed me xenical and to be honest i was terrified of the side effects so haven't started them yet (i got them tuesday) But after reading all the fantastic advice from you guy's (pink especially.....you are a star) i have the confidence to start the course knowing that i can call on my diet buddies for help and support should i need it.

Have fun :D

hey everyone, i just joined today but ive been dieting forever lol

when i put my mind to it , it falls off but its hard for me to get in that zone, and i have crap will power.

well today my doctor started me on orlistat. im sticking to the slimming world diet so the fat per meal is low.

i was expecting bowel explosions when i took my first pill today but nothing happened lol which is good ive got through the day and no bad things have happened. i stuck well to the diet and yes i have been to number 2`s but there normal lol

anyways sorry to be graphic lol. i hope i can benefit from this thread xxx

Hi i just started xenical yesterday and was really scared (heard so many horror stories) but i has no reaction and after reading this i feel really positive! now i think i know what i am doing lol ;)

Hi all! Have just been given xenical today and planning to start on Friday after uni. Which will give me a weekend to check if I react badly or not.

I've been overweight since I was 8 and was diagnosed with Pcos at 16 and have always been struggling with weight. Hopefully I stick to it this time! Reading about evryones successes has made me even more determined!

Back